Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC release 6 delayed.jpg

The sixth instalment to the Early Access Assetto Corsa Competizione has been delayed.

Initially expected to drop on Steam Early Access this Wednesday 13th February, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to social media today to confirm the update won't be out on time, and anticipate they should be able to deploy the new build containing the Monza circuit and the Nissan GT-R GT3 to the simulation next week.

The statement in full:

Dear Early Access users of Assetto Corsa Competizione,

As you might know if you follow our activities on the official support forum, after releasing the first set of multiplayer features we decided to re-write some of the gameplay logic elements related to session handling, race timing and penalties, which manage both single and multiplayer game modes. The decision came in order to make improvements to the overall game structure, and ensure that multiplayer features are as efficient as possible to suit our goals, since they are a highly important component of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Refactoring is never an easy task, but the good news is that the surgery has been successful. The code is recovering well, but we need a bit of time to properly test all aspects of the title to make sure all functionalities and updates that will arrive in the 0.6 release work as we – and you – expect them to.

Therefore, we now plan to release v 0.6 next week.

The new build will include the Monza circuit and both model years of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars, 2015 and 2018, which – for the time being – will replace the 2018-spec Honda NSX GT3, previously expected to be released in February, and now scheduled to be included in the 1.0 version of Assetto Corsa Competizione. The reason for this change is that we simply require more time to finalise the NSX package to provide you the best possible virtual counterpart of this amazing racing car.

To most early adopters, these slight changes should not come as a big surprise, since they are part of an early access programme: nevertheless, we would like to thank you for your patience and the amazing support we have received from you, which is the key reason why we continue to work hard to deliver a simulation game that can meet your expectations. As soon as we have more info to share and a confirmed launch date, we will let you know

Sincerely,
The Kunos Simulazioni Team

Never fear, we've still got plenty of goodness from the release 5 content to pass the time until the latest build arrives for the simulation in the near future.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

It's a wise decision. Better that than release a flawed update and get a ton of negative comments from the sim community. I also applaud the way they are keeping us informed of what's going on.

I do get the feeling that the release of the full game will be delayed. End of Q1 means late March... That would seem a bit optimistic. Maybe around Easter (end of April)?

I just hope other aspects of the game like optimization/VR get the same second look that this has. Take all the time in the world if it means a QA'd and polished product! It was a lofty schedule to begin with even without hiccups.

I'm surprised they haven't done this before! They set a quite strict release-schedule at the beginning and have been able to keep up for all updates so far. I rather see a delay than a rushed product, or as Shigeru Miyamoto once said: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Honestly they dont have choice... Multiplayer is a total mess right now. I cant do a race whitout a dick crashed me out of no where. Or server that crash whit a ping of 300

Assetto Corsa whit all the mods, SRS, SOL and more is probably right now the best simulation on the market...

They can take there time. Every real AC fan will wait I think :cool:

Thanks to Kunos and Racedepartement for keeping us informed! :thumbsup:

It's just a week of postponing an early access patch, don't overreact.

Honestly, the should postpone the release of the whole game, and not just by a week. Q1 2019 ends 1,5 months from now, does anyone genuinely think ACC is 1,5 months from release complete? No way. It needs a lot more work, there's a ton of stuff yet to come which will bring their own problems as stuff they have added have, and clock's ticking. Q2 or Q3 would be more like it. ACC has so much potential to be a great racing game, would be real sad to see it wasted because of a rushed release. They made a roadmap sure but now it's better to change the plan due to unforeseen problems.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 204 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.2%