Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC release 6 delayed.jpg

The sixth instalment to the Early Access Assetto Corsa Competizione has been delayed.

Initially expected to drop on Steam Early Access this Wednesday 13th February, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to social media today to confirm the update won't be out on time, and anticipate they should be able to deploy the new build containing the Monza circuit and the Nissan GT-R GT3 to the simulation next week.

The statement in full:

Dear Early Access users of Assetto Corsa Competizione,

As you might know if you follow our activities on the official support forum, after releasing the first set of multiplayer features we decided to re-write some of the gameplay logic elements related to session handling, race timing and penalties, which manage both single and multiplayer game modes. The decision came in order to make improvements to the overall game structure, and ensure that multiplayer features are as efficient as possible to suit our goals, since they are a highly important component of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Refactoring is never an easy task, but the good news is that the surgery has been successful. The code is recovering well, but we need a bit of time to properly test all aspects of the title to make sure all functionalities and updates that will arrive in the 0.6 release work as we – and you – expect them to.

Therefore, we now plan to release v 0.6 next week.

The new build will include the Monza circuit and both model years of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars, 2015 and 2018, which – for the time being – will replace the 2018-spec Honda NSX GT3, previously expected to be released in February, and now scheduled to be included in the 1.0 version of Assetto Corsa Competizione. The reason for this change is that we simply require more time to finalise the NSX package to provide you the best possible virtual counterpart of this amazing racing car.

To most early adopters, these slight changes should not come as a big surprise, since they are part of an early access programme: nevertheless, we would like to thank you for your patience and the amazing support we have received from you, which is the key reason why we continue to work hard to deliver a simulation game that can meet your expectations. As soon as we have more info to share and a confirmed launch date, we will let you know

Sincerely,
The Kunos Simulazioni Team

Never fear, we've still got plenty of goodness from the release 5 content to pass the time until the latest build arrives for the simulation in the near future.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 637371

Happy to wait longer if it means a better quality product.

I have faith Kunos will deliver in the end and found the pricing model adopted by Kunos for EA of ACC as being very fair and refreshing (I fully agree with Kranky Pantz above).

For that move alone, they have my gratitude and I will continue to support them if they continue with this approach.

On ACC itself, I decided to shelve it for now until they iron out the kinks and implement track-ir.
After each update, I I found i was a bit disappointed. I had to remind myself it was still in EA and that I paid a very fair price for a game which i know will eventually be finished to a high standard.

....please don't let us down Kunos!

As for myself I freakin enjoy the sim. No VR or triple here, thus no issues. My Logitech GT loves the game either, I think the ffb is informative as I can catch slides really in time. Just calibrate the wheel and make sure to use 100% dampening.

This really doesn't mean anything either way.

"Refactor" is a modern computer programming term and it means "there is something in the code I don't like, I will spend considerable time on it, and there will be no new features when I'm done so don't punish me on my next employee review. Also, the amount of lines of code hopefully goes down after I put in all this work, so stop using pullshit productivity metrics".

Then again we don't even know if we can save mid race or race with 50-60 cars at once. Early days, but I wouldn't mind some updates about that particular let's not say issue, but point on the agenda?
From day 1, I believe Kunos has said maximum 31 opponents for 32 cars. Maybe it was only 30, but for certain you're not going to have 50-60 cars.

done a lot of events in iRacing with 50+ players online, no probs, at least not where i was in the field, further down the grid. us slow chaps are often quite respectful ;) the sr and ir-system plus the price barrier nicely weed out a lot of the troublemakers it seems. i suppose the new rating system in ACC might do the same, hopefully. and also, hopefully, they will overcome the technical barrier and deliver a full endurance championship. saying: "we bring you the blancpain events, down to the smallest detail" kind of puts the onus on them.

I love this game but the netcode is horrid.
I was in the 4th place, the game showed me on 2nd place but not registered any of my laptimes.
I finished on 4th, but at the end the game showed me at last place...
So if rewriting the code solve the problems I don't mind waiting an other week.

I will not discuss bans at Kunos forums, as one who was also banned "not for just expressing opinion" lol

But...

It is an ugly video. Also it is not accurate.

I'm not familiar with SOL and night mods, and all other mods related with software plastic surgery. I also haven't even used them . But I suspect there has to be something that "works around" some essential features missing in order to have impression of lights in the night, or fluid weather transitions. Might as well some serious coding be involved IDK

Anyway AC eventually be obsolete in a year or two, because simracing has to move forward, and I don't think that this software surgery will be able to last a lot more, nor that it should. Ofcourse everyone are definitely more than impressed by the work which has been done, but reducing real developers is more than low IMO, even if they actually could have done something that would have made an impression of desired features, which they said are not doable, it is literally their business...

If AC will not be obsolete in a year or two then Kunos, Reiza and S397 are doing something wrong.

I will not discuss bans at Kunos forums, as one who was also banned "not for just expressing opinion" lol

But...

It is an ugly video. Also it is not accurate.

I'm not familiar with SOL and night mods, and all other mods related with software plastic surgery. I also haven't even used them . But I suspect there has to be something that "works around" some essential features missing in order to have impression of lights in the night, or fluid weather transitions. Might as well some serious coding be involved IDK

Anyway AC eventually be obsolete in a year or two, because simracing has to move forward, and I don't think that this software surgery will be able to last a lot more, nor that it should. Ofcourse everyone are definitely more than impressed by the work which has been done, but reducing real developers is more than low IMO, even if they actually could have done something that would have made an impression of desired features, which they said are not doable, it is literally their business...

If AC will not be obsolete in a year or two then Kunos, Reiza and S397 are doing something wrong.
Lol Ha ha ha

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years