Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC release 6 delayed.jpg

The sixth instalment to the Early Access Assetto Corsa Competizione has been delayed.

Initially expected to drop on Steam Early Access this Wednesday 13th February, Kunos Simulazioni have taken to social media today to confirm the update won't be out on time, and anticipate they should be able to deploy the new build containing the Monza circuit and the Nissan GT-R GT3 to the simulation next week.

The statement in full:

Dear Early Access users of Assetto Corsa Competizione,

As you might know if you follow our activities on the official support forum, after releasing the first set of multiplayer features we decided to re-write some of the gameplay logic elements related to session handling, race timing and penalties, which manage both single and multiplayer game modes. The decision came in order to make improvements to the overall game structure, and ensure that multiplayer features are as efficient as possible to suit our goals, since they are a highly important component of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Refactoring is never an easy task, but the good news is that the surgery has been successful. The code is recovering well, but we need a bit of time to properly test all aspects of the title to make sure all functionalities and updates that will arrive in the 0.6 release work as we – and you – expect them to.

Therefore, we now plan to release v 0.6 next week.

The new build will include the Monza circuit and both model years of the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars, 2015 and 2018, which – for the time being – will replace the 2018-spec Honda NSX GT3, previously expected to be released in February, and now scheduled to be included in the 1.0 version of Assetto Corsa Competizione. The reason for this change is that we simply require more time to finalise the NSX package to provide you the best possible virtual counterpart of this amazing racing car.

To most early adopters, these slight changes should not come as a big surprise, since they are part of an early access programme: nevertheless, we would like to thank you for your patience and the amazing support we have received from you, which is the key reason why we continue to work hard to deliver a simulation game that can meet your expectations. As soon as we have more info to share and a confirmed launch date, we will let you know

Sincerely,
The Kunos Simulazioni Team

Never fear, we've still got plenty of goodness from the release 5 content to pass the time until the latest build arrives for the simulation in the near future.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

It's just a week of postponing an early access patch, don't overreact.

Honestly, the should postpone the release of the whole game, and not just by a week. Q1 2019 ends 1,5 months from now, does anyone genuinely think ACC is 1,5 months from release complete? No way. It needs a lot more work, there's a ton of stuff yet to come which will bring their own problems as stuff they have added have, and clock's ticking. Q2 or Q3 would be more like it. ACC has so much potential to be a great racing game, would be real sad to see it wasted because of a rushed release. They made a roadmap sure but now it's better to change the plan due to unforeseen problems.

I'm of the mindset that first impressions matter and that delaying the release would be the best decision for the the long term reputation of ACC.

I bought into EA, but I have to say I don't enjoy the driving experience in ACC. It feels off to me like grip is an on/off button. The AI is a mess IMO. I think delaying the release and polishing it up as much as possible is right decision, but I'm sure executitives and shareholders will find a way to force a release before it is really ready

Guess I can wait a few days extra for the Monza :inlove:
But shouldn't this release be called 0.9 Since the next one would be the full 1.0 version ???

v0.9 in software speak doesn't mean 9/10ths or 90% complete...you can have a 0.10 (which is not the same as 0.1)...it's up to the developer to decide when it's good enough to be called 1.0

Well considering that they are rewriting a lot of the game code, something they probably did not expect when they did the release dates estimated, I think it´s amazing that they can pull it off with only one week of extra time. So I salute the gigantic effort they must pull right now. A week wont kill anyone (or at least very very few ;))

ACC has not been my favorite sim thus far, but kudos to Kunos for doing all they can to make it better for me - and perhaps also for others, but I´m not totally sure about that. I think it´s mostly to satisfy me.:whistling::whistling::whistling:

As gutted as I am im really still enjoying Zolder and the Ferrari, as long as we can password a server then I'll be happy, it is indeed much better to take a bit longer and get it right for sure, ACC for me is shaping up to be the best racing sim ever, I really noticed how good it was when I recently fired up AC and PC2 and I found them to be a little less immersive than I recalled.
I'm waiting for the Audi as I think that may be the only car the tempts me back out of the Ferrari, once Simhub has all the information it needs from ACC and the game is full release I think this is going to be the first Sim I will do the career mode.
I have never really liked racing with AI but in ACC I can't get enough of them, yes they do some strange things form time to time but the wheel to wheel racing can be fun, my only gripe is how unrealistically slow they can be on some corners and how they attack on chicanes but when you try similar its a big shunt but apart from that good one Kunos as I cant remember the last time before acc that I completed a AI race may have to go back to Toca 2 lol.

Ah well now I've stopped typing feel a bit sad to have another week to wait but hey ho!

More delays to come I guess.. But it's a good thing actually. :) Rushing never helps in software development, take your time Kunos.
The new PC that can run ACC is only planned for late Spring anyways. :whistling: :D

I guess Q2 for full release was always going to be more realistic than having 6 cars and 6 tracks in 6 months and then in one month time doubling down on that amount of content anyway.

Bit gutted, but it is what it is.

My personal consider is that most of the content is ready to release. Plenty of cars have already presented in the game as AI cars so I think they are ready. They just decided to give us just little portions of the future product to keep interest.

My personal consider is that most of the content is ready to release. Plenty of cars have already presented in the game as AI cars so I think they are ready. They just decided to give us just little portions of the future product to keep interest.

Been driven by AI can very well be done by giving it the same physics of the cars you can drive. That just means the model is ready - at least on the outside - but we're still anticipating:

Audi R8 LMS, Mercedes AMG GT3, Bentley Continental GT3 2018, Lexus RCF GT3, McLaren 650S, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Porsche 991 Cup, Aston Martin Vantage V12, Porsche 911 GT3R, Gallardo R-EX, Honda NSX, Nissan GT-R. That's a lot of cars. 12 actually.

Tracks we're anticipating:
Monza, Spa, Barcelona, Silverstone, Brands Hatch. Basically they have given us most of the sprint series tracks already, but only 1 endurance track. 5 tracks to go.

The Super Trofeo and 991 Cup were in the 24H of Spa, and are thereby expected to be in the game as well, hence why I included them in the list.

So in 6 weeks they'll have to release 12 cars and 5 tracks, while working on the multiplayer code and starting to get the 2019 grid ready for this year release. Not sure even Kunos can pull that off.

Last edited:
Been driven by AI can very well be done by giving it the same physics of the cars you can drive. That just means the model is ready - at least on the outside - but we're still anticipating:

Audi R8 LMS, Mercedes AMG GT3, Bentley Continental GT3 2018, Lexus RCF GT3, McLaren 650S, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, Porsche 991 Cup, Aston Martin Vantage V12, Porsche 911 GT3R, Gallardo R-EX, Honda NSX, Nissan GT-R. That's a lot of cars. 12 actually.

Tracks we're anticipating:
Monza, Spa, Barcelona, Silverstone, Brands Hatch. Basically they have given us most of the sprint series tracks already, but only 1 endurance track. 5 tracks to go.

The Super Trofeo and 991 Cup were in the 24H of Spa, and are thereby expected to be in the game as well, hence why I included them in the list.

So in 6 weeks they'll have to release 12 cars and 5 tracks, while working on the multiplayer code and starting to get the 2019 grid ready for this year release. Not sure even Kunos can pull that off.
I don't think the Group National will be there.

I don't think the Group National will be there.

They're not GT3's but they are part of the Blancpain Endurance events ACC wants to simulate. If they don't implement it, then maybe some modder can. Back in the day even GTR2 didn't get the entire 2003 24h of Spa grid right I'm aware of that. But for the sake of realism.

Then again we don't even know if we can save mid race or race with 50-60 cars at once. Early days, but I wouldn't mind some updates about that particular let's not say issue, but point on the agenda?

• Deleted member 205301

..not a word concerning physics.... :(
Seems that they considers it's "just as they want it to be" ...a bit of disapointement for me.
ok, We'll see how it belong, for now it's "nice", but far-far from perfect (none is, i know^^)
No problem with a delay, i jumped on the first release, runt it 6hours, then on 2nd release (I must say "update") played it for 3hours, then 2hour for third update, same for 4th and only 1 for 5th ...and now not using it at all ;)
Looking for "real"physics update, not only tweaks... The longer they'll wait for it, the more people will get used to it, and won't accept changes...
BTW, my comment seems very "critical" (or "critisism", sorry, don't know the english word), but I'm ok with this title, it's not "bad", it's even pretty good, but it could have been much better.
@++

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back