Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Release 6 Statement.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a statement about the development status of Assetto Corsa Competizione following the recent 'release 6' update delay.

Initially planned for deployment last week then subsequently delayed until this week, Kunos Simulazioni have now released a brief statement to explain how the current development status is progressing with the title - confirming that a go live date for release 6 will be a little later than initially expected.

Dear ACC users,

We would like to share some updates on the current situation of the next version of ACC: Early Access 6th release. Our development team is still working hard to close the current stage of the refactoring operation we announced after our previous release. Since there are also new features coming together with the content update that includes the two Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars and Monza Circuit, such as camera updates, telemetry features, netcode improvements, CPU optimisations etc., we prefer to take the right amount of time to deliver a stable package. Our plan currently is to release when we feel comfortable showcasing the current stage of development to the general public.

Our progress to version 1.0 and beyond will be explained during the following weeks, and we have some interesting and unexpected news coming pretty soon, but since this is the last scheduled update of the Early Access Programme, we would like to offer a solid update while waiting for what is to come.

We would like to use this opportunity to say our thanks regarding your feedback on our official forums and your patience to prefer to wait for a solid update rather than a fast one.

Of course it will be disappointing for gamers to hear the new build is still a little way away from release, however as the saying goes - good things come to those who wait. Development of a new racing game, especially one on a brand new platform for the developers, is a difficult task, so delays of this nature are absolutely no surprise. Kunos have a tremendous track record in sim racing game development, so I'm sure once the bugs have been ironed out by the studio, the wait will be well worth it..

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

hdr_blancpain_logo-horiz_2018.3.png

GT World Challenge America would be an amazing news.... Please please please :inlove:

MAR 01-03 Circuit of the Americas
APR 26-28 VIRginia International Raceway
MAY 17-19 Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
JUN 07-09 Sonoma Raceway
AUG 30-SEP 01 Watkins Glen International
SEP 20-22 Road America
OCT 18-20 Grand Finale TBA

Maybe the GT4 and TC cars as well :cool:
doubt they will do a dlc for a reasonable price people will be interested to buy, having to laser scan 7 tracks and then all those cars.

if they are thinking doing a dlc, it might be more realistic to think about intercontinental challengue wich is 3 tracks plus spa,

or European gt4 wich i'm not interested at all ;)

I'd love to see a fully animated crew run out when you come in damaged, they put you up on the dollies, rotate the car and pull you into the garage and rip off bodywork and work on the car. That would be so immersive.

Also, TrackIR.

I'd love to see a fully animated crew run out when you come in damaged, they put you up on the dollies, rotate the car and pull you into the garage and rip off bodywork and work on the car. That would be so immersive.

Also, TrackIR.
And trackside object randomization in order to see a bit different track every time. I mean cars, ambulance, people, crane...every time in a bit different angle, different colors. And to make the track more lively, more randomly moving marschalls, etc...

iracing is implementing nvidia Single Pass Stereo for reduced CPU (upto 30%!) which is great for VR users. I'm hoping the same from Kunos esp since they're working closely with nvidia to implement RTX. That would nicely improve the VR experience.

Also, TrackIR.
Considering what games like GP4 did in 2002(!!!!) by now we should have this and the crew should be able to push you out when there is a lot of cars around like they do in real life instead of very narrow pre set pit stalls and ahem... no colision in pits.
We should also have proper grave traps with animated tow :D
Sims evolved in graphics and physics, but the immersion into a real life race event is lacking so bad in all of them, it's such a shame.
F1 games get that part but the physics are not very convincing

• Deleted member 241736

maybe a 2nd one:
Is there an approx date of EA 0.6 release? In days, not month / thx

Well when you go faster you are giving less time for the car behind to try to draft and go side by side if you turn fast due to a lot of downforce you reduce that time even more. Then if you depend too much on downforce to turn faster you are creating problems for the car behind you. Mix that with super efficient brakes and the time to try a pass is near 0.
Speed is interesting but if you want to put a good show it can be counterproductive

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%