Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Release 6 Statement.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have released a statement about the development status of Assetto Corsa Competizione following the recent 'release 6' update delay.

Initially planned for deployment last week then subsequently delayed until this week, Kunos Simulazioni have now released a brief statement to explain how the current development status is progressing with the title - confirming that a go live date for release 6 will be a little later than initially expected.

Dear ACC users,

We would like to share some updates on the current situation of the next version of ACC: Early Access 6th release. Our development team is still working hard to close the current stage of the refactoring operation we announced after our previous release. Since there are also new features coming together with the content update that includes the two Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 cars and Monza Circuit, such as camera updates, telemetry features, netcode improvements, CPU optimisations etc., we prefer to take the right amount of time to deliver a stable package. Our plan currently is to release when we feel comfortable showcasing the current stage of development to the general public.

Our progress to version 1.0 and beyond will be explained during the following weeks, and we have some interesting and unexpected news coming pretty soon, but since this is the last scheduled update of the Early Access Programme, we would like to offer a solid update while waiting for what is to come.

We would like to use this opportunity to say our thanks regarding your feedback on our official forums and your patience to prefer to wait for a solid update rather than a fast one.

Of course it will be disappointing for gamers to hear the new build is still a little way away from release, however as the saying goes - good things come to those who wait. Development of a new racing game, especially one on a brand new platform for the developers, is a difficult task, so delays of this nature are absolutely no surprise. Kunos have a tremendous track record in sim racing game development, so I'm sure once the bugs have been ironed out by the studio, the wait will be well worth it..

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Blancpain has taken over the Pirelli World Challenge, so I guess we could be getting the America championship too, which would be awesome news!

Circuits this year are CotA, Virginia IR, Mosport Park, Sears Point, Watkins Glen, Road America and a TBA 7th.

Thanks for the heads up Kunos, it's definitely one of those "worth the wait" moments for sure. My Radeon VII arrives next week anyway, so it's going to work for me:geek:

*def hope devs work with AMD software more in the future. Tech channels don't show simulator benchmark comparisons much.

Have not driven it much anymore since EA1, since the improvements were only marginal in the newer releases for me (mostly new content). I still miss the FFB feeling I have in other sims like rF2, AC and AMS (I use a G27). It has improved a bit in the newer versions though, so I hope this delay also means they made some significant progress in this area.

Please please please - no more announcements about announcements. If you have something to tell us - just tell us. No teasing "interesting and unexpected" news - its just irritating especially when when you have just announced a second and indefinite delay to a release.

Blancpain has taken over the Pirelli World Challenge, so I guess we could be getting the America championship too, which would be awesome news!

Circuits this year are CotA, Virginia IR, Mosport Park, Sears Point, Watkins Glen, Road America and a TBA 7th.
Additional circuits to above are: . St Petersburg, Laguna Seca, Long Beach, Portland Int and Las Vegas Speedway.

But there are other Blancpain series as well....

It’s a little frustrating to have to keep waiting, but if they need more time then they should have it. I’m only irritated about it because I love the sim so much. Even though we only have a few drivable cars and tracks to date, and even thought the multiplayer is bare bones, the core of the sim itself is IMHO a step forward. The cars are exceptional to drive, each one subtly distinct from the others in very real ways giving them unique driving characteristics to learn and adapt to. Even at this early stage, ACC is my favorite sim because it immerses me into a convincing simulation of real world Motorsports and for me, that’s everything.

I have to admit that it is true.

But just in case anyone has saved up R1, hit me up in PM. I hope it is not illegal.

Meanwhile ACC and/or rF2 still has to make iRacing to run for its money, so to be serious and on topic, I do support Kunos for taking the time and do the best.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back