Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club | Awesome Online Fun

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Coronavirus continues to take over the world, people are locked indoors for safety, motorsport is cancelled everywhere - but the ACC Racing Club still managed to put on a fantastic event this past weekend.

With plenty of sim racers looking for something to do whilst trapped indoors, last Saturday we held a 90 minute endurance race around the tight and twisty Hungaroring in Assetto Corsa Competizione. 40 drivers took to the server in order to test their mettle in these powerful GT3 machines, and despite the combination of a small track and large grid sounding like a recipe for disaster... the event was a roaring success! Our 90 minutes of Hungaroring showcased some exceptional sportsmanship and racing throughout the field, with plenty of surprises out on the (virtual) racetrack...

We thought the race was that good, we couldn't help but put together a quick 'as live' broadcast for the wider community to enjoy! So if you want to see what you've been missing out on, check out our race broadcast coverage below:

The Assetto Corsa Racing Club team here at RaceDepartment host regular events for our Premium members to enjoy, the next of which is a 90 minute battle around the beautiful Paul Ricard Circuit this Saturday 28th March. Places on the grid are filling up fast, so if if you want in on the action, get yourself over to the Paul Ricard Signup Thread HEREand put your name down to secure a spot on the grid - if it's anything like Hungaroring, it is going to be awesome!

Don't forget folks, online racing in a clean and professional environment can be some of some of the most fun one can have in our wonderful sport, and the stars of the show are you guys - the community! All skills and experiences are welcome to join in on the action - all we ask is you stay clean and safe on track, oh and have fun!

Check out our ACC Racing Club, and of course our events calendar for races held in a variety of different simulations here at RaceDepartment, and get yourself in on the action today!

Special thanks go to @Baylix of OTCR for Race Director duties and providing the stream file - cheers fella!

Stay safe and stay indoors during these strange times.... come race with us!

Last edited:
Great work guys! Particularly enjoyed the lap overview at the start.
My only points for improvement would be getting the audio in sync a little better as it was slightly ahead of the action (but I know how hard that can be in post edit) and adding a live timing as there seemed to be a little confusion over who was being shown at times.
Looking forward to more of these though.

P.S. I was glad to see not only I had a shunt at T1 when the rain fell and even more so, that you missed it from the broadcast ;)

Thanks man! Was particularly hard to sync up as we kinda did things a bit backwards in that we recorded the comms after the event, so rather than being in server as spectators and controlling the action ourselves, we played a replay on Paul G's PC and screen shared via a private twitch broadcast for me commentate as well.. thus causing a slight delay in seeing the image! Far from ideal! Tried to cut the audio up a bit to line things up better, but with an hour 30 broadcast that... was difficult!

Next ones will be better!

Man. Great work! Even though i participated in the race and therefore knew the outcome, this was exciting to watch :thumbsup:
And of course you managed to capture the moment where i misjudged my braking point in the rain, only to do it yet again in the next corner causing me to hit another car and spin :unsure:

Is three a forum for posting requests for RD races? Early on in ACC I participated in an RD 3 hours at Spa done with 8x time to simulate the full 24 hours. It was a blast. Certainly folks can't make 3 hour commitments on a weekly basis, but maybe that one could come around again while so many are under quarantine......any of the endurance races in a compressed version really would be up my alley. :thumbsup:

It would be wasted for me to join premium to race as I am in Australia and wouldn't be able to race in your time zone :( kind of annoying how you only allow people to race only if they pay! I feel you would be better to serve the community with free membership especially in times like now where most are unable to work and financially getting rather strapped and have already paid for the games and DLC and now have to pay a 3rd party just to race in a community! Surely you get enough revenue from the multitude of ads that litter your site!

It would be wasted for me to join premium to race as I am in Australia and wouldn't be able to race in your time zone :( kind of annoying how you only allow people to race only if they pay! I feel you would be better to serve the community with free membership especially in times like now where most are unable to work and financially getting rather strapped and have already paid for the games and DLC and now have to pay a 3rd party just to race in a community! Surely you get enough revenue from the multitude of ads that litter your site!
I don't understand. I just logged in and there were a number of servers on the Kunos site that you can join in on for free. No one is making you pay to race. Membership here is relatively inexpensive. Cobble together two beer's worth of AUD and join the fun. There are guys from Down Under that race here at 5am my time which I think is 8 at night in Sydney - we just raced two weeks ago at Zolder. Plus you wont see the ads anymore.
1585187732796.png

Attachments

• 1585187821196.png
    1585187821196.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 90
If it was a one time fee I would but I don't want to join in to a subscription. Yeah I know I can race for free and do and have also joined a few leagues that don't charge to race, just thought RD was a community forum and find it weird they want extra money, we should be able to race for free but pay to remove ads or something.
I dont drink beer :p

Brilliant video, I watched it all back last night. Great effort with the comms as well, big kudos to Paul and Paul for giving up a fair whack of their own time to put it all together, its really appreciated.

I don't race online much, but took part in the Suzuka race and it was an absolute blast, unfortunately I dropped out after about 40 minutes as I had to rush to the aid of an immersion-breaking, screaming child who was having a nightmare. (Curse my wife for having a social life)

One of the reasons I don't participate often is because I don't think I'm quick enough, although I can get close to the time set in Paul J's fantastic Hungaroring lap guide. Bearing this in mind, are the formal race results posted somewhere, complete with laptimes? This would be useful for me to compare my abilities against those towards the back of the grid (where I'd be).

One of the reasons I don't participate often is because I don't think I'm quick enough,
That's why this is the best place to dip your toe in. It's not a league where you are ruining someone's championship hopes if you slow them up. People are generally very helpful and accommodating. I ran a a few personal best laps in the Hungaroring race and I think these events help me to improve overall. Having said that, I also missed a braking point and slammed into the barriers at T1 on the penultimate lap during the deluge and had to limp around for two laps with my wheel cocked to the left. The point is, no one cares if you're slower or make mistakes if you behave yourself. It's all in the name of fun.

Good to know, I'll be definitely signing up for some more action then!

Shame the next one is at Paul Ricard, I really can't cope with that track, its far too tricky to navigate. Plus I used to get bullied at school by a kid who had a penchant for wearing black and pale blue striped jumpers, so I'm bound to have a crippling flashback at some point due to the bizarre track-side decoration and spear some poor sucker off at T1.

There is always the Aussie RD club for you to try !! That premium price for a whole years racing is a bargain.

Thanks for doing that, great stuff! It was only missed that I didn't just spin but was taken out by another backmarker ;) Great fun anyway!
Trying to give a gentle reply as an all time brilliant backmarker ;). This is the third post blaming backmarkers that have taken fellow competitors out of races. I think personally that the race organiser or ‘someone’ should perhaps quickly, on TS, just remind backmarkers to KEEP THE LINE. I know from experience that some do that, but some move out the way which is incorrect, apart from telling the persuer that he is going wide on a corner. Sorry you were taken out Michael, but hope the next race is better for you.

Trying to give a gentle reply as an all time brilliant backmarker ;). This is the third post blaming backmarkers that have taken fellow competitors out of races. I think personally that the race organiser or ‘someone’ should perhaps quickly, on TS, just remind backmarkers to KEEP THE LINE. I know from experience that some do that, but some move out the way which is incorrect, apart from telling the persuer that he is going wide on a corner. Sorry you were taken out Michael, but hope the next race is better for you.
Actually the organizer did remind people in the chat before the race exactly of that. I think the guy in that particular situation thought I was a competitor since he left the two leading cars right in front of me pass but it felt like he raced me and missed his breaking point. With the big grids we have in the current situation (which is certainly better than just 8 cars) that can certainly happen though it sucked for me of course. Typically I can say the quality in these races is very good and everyone acts respect- and careful. The following race at Misano I had to start lapping people after like 20 Minutes and every single one played along nicely, though sometimes not keeping the line but still remained predictable. Though I saw other people complain in this race as well.

Thanks Michael. I was hoping you would take my comment well. It wasn’t supposed to be a criticism and aimed directly at you and thankfully you took it well.
When we meet in a race, I will ensure I will do everything right as I most certainly will be a backmarker.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%