Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club | Awesome Online Fun

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Coronavirus continues to take over the world, people are locked indoors for safety, motorsport is cancelled everywhere - but the ACC Racing Club still managed to put on a fantastic event this past weekend.

With plenty of sim racers looking for something to do whilst trapped indoors, last Saturday we held a 90 minute endurance race around the tight and twisty Hungaroring in Assetto Corsa Competizione. 40 drivers took to the server in order to test their mettle in these powerful GT3 machines, and despite the combination of a small track and large grid sounding like a recipe for disaster... the event was a roaring success! Our 90 minutes of Hungaroring showcased some exceptional sportsmanship and racing throughout the field, with plenty of surprises out on the (virtual) racetrack...

We thought the race was that good, we couldn't help but put together a quick 'as live' broadcast for the wider community to enjoy! So if you want to see what you've been missing out on, check out our race broadcast coverage below:

The Assetto Corsa Racing Club team here at RaceDepartment host regular events for our Premium members to enjoy, the next of which is a 90 minute battle around the beautiful Paul Ricard Circuit this Saturday 28th March. Places on the grid are filling up fast, so if if you want in on the action, get yourself over to the Paul Ricard Signup Thread HEREand put your name down to secure a spot on the grid - if it's anything like Hungaroring, it is going to be awesome!

Don't forget folks, online racing in a clean and professional environment can be some of some of the most fun one can have in our wonderful sport, and the stars of the show are you guys - the community! All skills and experiences are welcome to join in on the action - all we ask is you stay clean and safe on track, oh and have fun!

Check out our ACC Racing Club, and of course our events calendar for races held in a variety of different simulations here at RaceDepartment, and get yourself in on the action today!

Special thanks go to @Baylix of OTCR for Race Director duties and providing the stream file - cheers fella!

Stay safe and stay indoors during these strange times.... come race with us!

Last edited:

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Thanks for doing that, great stuff! It was only missed that I didn't just spin but was taken out by another backmarker ;) Great fun anyway!

You certainly deserved a better result, great pace all race and plenty of action followed you! Couldn't believe how long you managed to survive on slicks (and how relatively quick you were considering the conditions) - awesome performance!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Really cool, are you planning to do it for the incoming races too?

For Misano tomorrow (25/3) we may be doing a live broadcast, depending on a couple of technical and health issues that need review, and for Saturday again potentially a live or 'as live' broadcast, as per the dependencies mentioned above.

So the short answer is - the desire is there to do it, but other issues might get in the way!

P

rqving

Premium
Cheers for the video guys and thanks again for hosting. makes the race so much better to watch. even though its depressing to see myself get taken out by a backmarker that outbroke themselves and then give myself a penalty :p.

Ricoow

Premium
full

Great work guys! Particularly enjoyed the lap overview at the start.
My only points for improvement would be getting the audio in sync a little better as it was slightly ahead of the action (but I know how hard that can be in post edit) and adding a live timing as there seemed to be a little confusion over who was being shown at times.
Looking forward to more of these though.

P.S. I was glad to see not only I had a shunt at T1 when the rain fell and even more so, that you missed it from the broadcast ;)

Really enjoyed the video - better quality driving than the 'Not the BAH' F1 effort on Sunday. Didn't think I'd ever watch every minute of a recording of a 1 1/2 hour virtual race but, as it was so compelling, I did. Great race!

You guys are lucky yo play this game... it is so amazing! But for me in VR its simply unplayable :(
for me i can get a solid 90fps on an rtx 2060 super. Post processing on medium, and anti aliasing off. sharpening at 250. 110 percent vr resolution, Yes you get jaggies but it never drops a frame and that blurred look is gone. With a 2080ti you should be able to increase supersampling to help with jaggies. Try it and let me know what you think. I just think its the AA implementation thats poor (for VR) on this game, both in terms of performance and visuals in VR.

alpebo

Premium
for me i can get a solid 90fps on an rtx 2060 super. Post processing on medium, and anti aliasing off. sharpening at 250. 110 percent vr resolution, Yes you get jaggies but it never drops a frame and that blurred look is gone. With a 2080ti you should be able to increase supersampling to help with jaggies. Try it and let me know what you think. I just think its the AA implementation thats poor (for VR) on this game, both in terms of performance and visuals in VR.
How can we put antialiasing off? Since I can remember, ACC has three options: temporal, fxa and kta (or something like that).

Sorry for the oftopic. I hate to do it but I'm desperate with this game.

Jordan Dion

Bluestar Racing
I did try whitout temporal AA. The image is weird whitout it. Those Shadow's looks like they will eat the road lol

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000