Assetto Corsa Competizione: Porsche 991 GT3-R and McLaren Shadow E-Sports Affiliation

Chris

Premium
Pork.jpg
Kunos Simulazioni have continued with the previews for their 2019 content update coming soon, and coming for free, this time previewing the freshly revised Volkswag-... er... Porsche 991! But that's not the only goody they have in their cookie jar.

The 2018 Porsche was somewhat less competitive than the German outfit had hoped it would be, largely suffering from an ageing design concept and balance of performance restrictions. Porsche would enter the 2019 Blancpain GT Championship with a new title contender, and one that would prove to be a strong competitor by winning the opening race of the season in Monza, and taking a 1-3 for the manufacturer at the all-important Total Spa 24 Hours. Quite frankly, we cannot wait to drive the new beast!

Said Kunos:
"The Porsche 911 GT3-R was suffering from a lack of competitiveness for a long time. Modern GT3 cars make good use of rear diffusers. Unfortunately that’s where the engine sits in a 911, occupying the space for a deep diffuser, resulting in a deficit of downforce and high drag from the rear wing.

Weight balance of the rear engine Porsche doesn’t help either. But if there’s one thing you can trust Porsche for, it's that sooner or later it will be competitive again.

The 2019 Porsche 991ii GT3-R is greatly evolved. The engine got moved forward "somehow", making space for a still small but more efficient diffuser. The front aerodynamics are also much better. The front suspension now consists of a double wishbone instead of the old McPherson strut.

Yes the car is still hard to drive and still has a small operational window, but it can now fight and win! Definitely amongst the surprises of 2019 season."

But wait! There's more!
Kunos have also announced a new partnership with the McLaren Shadow E-Sports project through the addition of the McLaren 720S GT3 which will be coming to the simulator as a bonus addition to the 2019 season update... free of charge.

"Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.1 is coming soon to Steam, together with a BONUS Car! The McLaren 720S GT3 will be a FREE for all users. But that's not all...

The McLaren Shadow Project will feature #ACC for the first time in its history! Players all around the globe will compete in a Hotstint Special Event, featuring the McLaren 720S GT3 at Silverstone circuit. The top player will be invited as a finalist to the McLaren Technology Center to challenge other winners for a professional eSports seat at the McLaren Shadow team.

Head over to the leaderboard at https://leaderboard.mclarenshadow.com/ for pre-registration. Can't wait to see you on track from Oct. 27th, and remember..."

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Great livery, at first i thought i'm seeing a ford GT :rolleyes:
I love this livery! also if the car could be only 5% tamer i would be happy:D because the current one is undrivable with my limited wheel rotation degree:D
and oh the 720GT3, my most anticipated car of the year :thumbsup:

I play with a controller (blasphemy, I know) and I have no problem driving the previous Porsche GT3 car. It is tail happy for sure, but controllable.

Great livery, at first i thought i'm seeing a ford GT :rolleyes:
I love this livery! also if the car could be only 5% tamer i would be happy:D because the current one is undrivable with my limited wheel rotation degree:D
and oh the 720GT3, my most anticipated car of the year :thumbsup:

It's just sad that you have to literally write "humor", people can't understand a simple sarcasm/joke :redface:

Indeed, cause without it you just get red crosses.

Is it just me, or does the Unreal Engine Tech produce some massively good images for a racing game?! The recent ACC showroom screenshots have been off the charts! :notworthy::inlove:

I've literally never seen anything like it before -- is it the same in-game?

(Before you crucify me not having bought into ACC yet: Games these days have become so massive and complex that they almost all need 6-9 months after release before being what I would call "feature complete and out of unofficial open beta" -- especially ones that incorporate loads of new tech like ACC did/does).

Is it just me, or does the Unreal Engine Tech produce some massively good images for a racing game?! The recent ACC showroom screenshots have been off the charts! :notworthy::inlove:

(Before you crucify me not having bought into ACC yet: Games these days have become so massive and complex that they almost all need 6-9 months after release before being what I would call "feature complete and out of unofficial open beta" -- especially ones that incorporate loads of new tech like ACC did/does).
I wouldn't say it looks too good, but it's not the worst either. Motion blur could be better, and lighting, but other than that it's pretty good for what you're paying

I wouldn't say it looks too good, but it's not the worst either. Motion blur could be better, and lighting, but other than that it's pretty good for what you're paying
Yeah for me some of the biggest flaws still are the meh AA and the ghosting from the unreal engine. As long as you're at a standstill it looks really good but it gets kinda blurry, once you move quick.

It's depending to your hardware. ACC can look astonishing at high end PC's. On the other hand it will look really bad at lower end PC's.
The recommended specs of ACC "Intel Core i5-8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X / GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB, Radeon RX 580 8GB" are by far not enough to run the game fully maxed out.

I9-9900K/GTX1070OC here and in combination with Reshade ACC is looking good and runs fine at a single screen.
But not as good as at the official screenshots and videos.

Greets After_Midnight

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%