Assetto Corsa Competizione | Now Available On Console

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have today released their Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

PC players will undoubtedly already be well aware of Assetto Corsa Competizione. Having released in Early Access back in September of 2018, the official simulation of the SRO GT World Challenge series has undergone considerable development and transformation in the following months - now enjoying the status of one of the most well regarded racing simulations currently available.

Back in March, Kunos Simulazioni revealed the game will be heading to both Xbox One and PS4 this summer, and with much anticipation from the console community, release day has finally arrived! It's here!

Released today, console players now have access to both the physical and digital versions of the game, and those who pre ordered also get access to the Intercontinental GT Challenge DLC, that includes Suzuka, Bathurst, Laguna Seca and Kyalami as well as numerous additional liveries for the cars already within the game.

While private lobbies won’t be in the console edition of ACC at launch, Kunos have announced that they will be coming at a later date. Stay tuned for more information!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console Release.jpg

Shame if the performance is bad. I had a console playing friend who was gagging for this game after having a go on my rig. I did mention that I was unsure how it would run on a console, hinting about a probable performance drop, but man, was he pumped for it.

I'll check in and see how he's getting on.

Maybe the would have in the future the money for the pits crews animations ^^ that we waiting since....

Happy new for the console

You have not played ACC since long ago. 7 Months ago:
search 1:03:40, there you have the animated pit crew that keeps you feeling betrayed.

In other order of things, people was expecting a 7 years old hardware that on it's day already was inferior to a contemporary PC to run a 2020 sim that is known for put on their knees bleeding edge PC hardware?. Let's be real, the IA cars run the same physics as the human player, so it is very CPU intensive. In my opinion the IA concept that kunos implemented is overkill and a waste of CPU computing resources.

The crossplay was never going to happen: back in AC1 stefano said that for consoles the updates have to be kind of certified, so updates can't keep the pace that the PC can with patches and hotfixes. A online race with people with different game versions is a nonsense.

The bugs that people are experiencing is a **** show from the company that did the port to consoles, they should had tested it a lot more, as the consoles users are extremelly unforgiving with bugs.

Bad start of the console versions, the heat the port company will receive will make them work their asses to improve the ports. They will discover that they can't get away with a halfassed port.

The bugs players are experiencing on Xbox are difficult to understand:

- some can get wheels working but others can't no matter what they try.

- for some when the wheel works the cars will start but not move no matter what control configuration is used.

- some can't get full acceleration and the pedals can't be configured - others with the same pedals have no problems. Also the same for some gamepads.

- The framerate seems to vary for everyone regardless of OG, S, or X console! The usual Kunos-on-console, turn into a corner and watch the trees move in slow motion is there for all. Above that different players are seeing dramatic slowdowns on empty tracks and for no clear reason. There is no way the ACC console game is locked to 30fps.

The framerate is unlikely to be fixable in this console generation but the rest of the problems need to be resolved quickly. 505/Kunos and whoever d3t ltd are must have no shame to release a game in this condition - it's not some early access trial, it's was advertised as complete.

Many Xbox racers learned from last time and were waiting to see just how it would actually run. An inauspicious start to say the least.

Can confirm that PS4(pro imc) works better than on XbX. But same time I can't understand ppl who claimed that "30fps is smooth" in ACC console version's case. Are they blind, of somehow otherwise incompetent persons? Really? Ok, its not a bad thing to own this already cause you can always wait until new consoles come and then start again. One big problem with 30fps+ACC is that there's no speed sense.

I know that XbX version has higher res than PS4(even Proi) version, but if that's problem for Xb version's bad fps and hickups in corners, they have to lower res straight away.

I understand the deadlines...but if a game is not ready to be launched, how can they be so dumb-kamikze to agree to launch a game so full of bugs. It's a suicidal move. I hope for Kunos reputation, since the sim has their name and logo on it, that whoever ported the sim, will fix such bugs as soon as possible.

The crossplay was never going to happen: back in AC1 stefano said that for consoles the updates have to be kind of certified, so updates can't keep the pace that the PC can with patches and hotfixes. A online race with people with different game versions is a nonsense.

Well, somehow, Call of Duty - Modern Warfare, which is also on the Unreal Engine, is cross-platform on PC, Xbox, and PS and they seem to be able to release patches/updates almost everyday.

Have to say that input/steering lag is much higher in this than what it is in AC. At least virtual steering wheel in AC almost turn 1:1 with your real one, and in this there much lag and can't see how to put it 1:1 with real wheel. This is with PS4(Pro) version.

Well, somehow, Call of Duty - Modern Warfare, which is also on the Unreal Engine, is cross-platform on PC, Xbox, and PS and they seem to be able to release patches/updates almost everyday.

It's not on the Unreal Engine, It's a brand new in-house engine from Infinity Ward that will also be used for Call of Duty 2020. They also have a massive development budget and staffing difference versus a porting team and Kunos.

Multiple problems being reported on Xbox. The 8 (edit now 12) reviews currently on the Xbox Store page are all rated 1 star (the lowest possible) with descriptions of unplayable framerate, wheels (Logi, TX & Fanatec) not being detected (or no steering/braking but only buttons working). The headlights at night so dim driving becomes almost impossible. Some are encountering the game crashing when selecting any car other than the Lambo.

Giving away 'free' pre-order DLC that won't be available until...soon...was another stunt as the delay wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Another shocking console launch from 505 games, not so much Kunos other than reputation, as apparently the port was made by a company called d3t ltd.

505/Kunos should have waited for the next-gen consoles and delivered a great experience, but once again it looks like cash is king and outweighs delivering a good product.

(Edited to add Logi G920 also not working on Xbox, something of an own goal for a racing game!)

When i first saw the availability to pre-order the game, they said in the press release that the DLC pack would come in the summer for consoles.

You have not played ACC since long ago. 7 Months ago:
search 1:03:40, there you have the animated pit crew that keeps you feeling betrayed.

In other order of things, people was expecting a 7 years old hardware that on it's day already was inferior to a contemporary PC to run a 2020 sim that is known for put on their knees bleeding edge PC hardware?. Let's be real, the IA cars run the same physics as the human player, so it is very CPU intensive. In my opinion the IA concept that kunos implemented is overkill and a waste of CPU computing resources.

The bugs that people are experiencing is a **** show from the company that did the port to consoles, they should had tested it a lot more, as the consoles users are extremelly unforgiving with bugs.

Bad start of the console versions, the heat the port company will receive will make them work their asses to improve the ports. They will discover that they can't get away with a halfassed port.
Why do a port then to old hardware consoles then? Makes no sense, should have waited to newer consoles. They haven't learned from ac1 release on console and think acc, which barely runs on date pc graphics card, would be a great title running 30 fps. (Which again that the most frames the human eye can handle for some people)

I'm honestly surprised the trailer pushed realism so little. I mean, forza, GT, pcars, all those can't shut up about being "the most realistic" despite clearly being simcade. I don't get to say it often, but ACC you really could stand to call yourself more authentic than you are. It's not my preferred sim, but it's undoubtedly the most realistic thing on consoles right now.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.0%