• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Now Available On Console

Raikku

250RPM
May 27, 2013
All in all, this could be good one on XbSX, or on PS5. When there's enough power in those new consoles. I'll expect 60fps with 4K, or at least with 1440/1080p with all picture bell and whistles on.

Slapped

100RPM
Oct 2, 2019
All in all, this could be good one on XbSX, or on PS5. When there's enough power in those new consoles. I'll expect 60fps with 4K, or at least with 1440/1080p with all picture bell and whistles on.

60FPS at 4K with ACC? I've seen it done on a i9900k with a 2080 Ti - both very overclocked with a very serious custom loop water cooling system, but even that didn't have every graphic setting maxed.

Reactions: MarkR

Raikku

250RPM
May 27, 2013
Well, some companies can already make 4K/60fps with present consoles, so maybe its time for Kunos to learn something. Of course graphics can't be 1:1 with pc ultra, but it should be easy to make better looking than now and which would run 4K/60fps.

And that's why I suggested thet lower res mode. Because enhanced 1080p could also look good in 4K-tellys and that should run like greased lightning.

Last edited:

Slapped

100RPM
Oct 2, 2019
Well, some companies can already make 4K/60fps with present consoles, so maybe its time for Kunos to learn something. Of course graphics can't be 1:1 with pc ultra, but it should be easy to make better looking than now and which would run 4K/60fps.

And that's why I suggested thet lower res mode. Because enhanced 1080p could also look good in 4K-tellys and that should run like greased lightning.
The problem is that Kunos used the UE4 engine, which has been a bone of contention amongst the ACC user base in that it does not seem to adapt well to driving sims.

I can understand why Kunos sought to accelerate their development time by using an off the shelf game engine to bring up to date graphics to the series, but I think the general consensus is that it hasn't worked as well as they hoped, and from my point of view this appears to be causing quite a rocky console release.

Personally I'd have preferred that Kunos had continued development of their existing AC engine as this seems way more efficient in terms of GPU usage. Not to mention the modders responsible for the shader patch and sol have shown that the engine is indeed still relevant today.

Chazz Ranger

50RPM
Nov 21, 2014
If you think you're gonna get smooth 60+FPS gameplay from a quality racing sim on any console, you're gonna have a bad time.

Reactions: DrRob

Follow RaceDepartment