Assetto Corsa Competizione | Now Available On Console

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have today released their Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

PC players will undoubtedly already be well aware of Assetto Corsa Competizione. Having released in Early Access back in September of 2018, the official simulation of the SRO GT World Challenge series has undergone considerable development and transformation in the following months - now enjoying the status of one of the most well regarded racing simulations currently available.

Back in March, Kunos Simulazioni revealed the game will be heading to both Xbox One and PS4 this summer, and with much anticipation from the console community, release day has finally arrived! It's here!

Released today, console players now have access to both the physical and digital versions of the game, and those who pre ordered also get access to the Intercontinental GT Challenge DLC, that includes Suzuka, Bathurst, Laguna Seca and Kyalami as well as numerous additional liveries for the cars already within the game.

While private lobbies won’t be in the console edition of ACC at launch, Kunos have announced that they will be coming at a later date. Stay tuned for more information!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Console Release.jpg

Shoot man, that was the one reason that I didn't care for Driveclub after about a month, well that and it was way too arcade for my liking. Drop the resolution and give me 60fps because 30fps in a racing game is just wrong.

Console 30 FPS does not feel the same as PC 30 FPS. on PC you need at least 60, on console 30 is ok, as it`s hard locked 30 and feels smooth.

ACC haven't seen, at least yet, "smooth" 30fps(especially race with other cars is quite crap now). And truth is that even on consoles 60fps feel much better, ffb/graphic fluidity/speed sense etc, everything is still smoother. Of course pc's 144fps or more with 144hz pc-displays is on totally different level.

And I know Driveclub, or Horizons etc, I have played them a lot and they're not bad. Although DC's physics are, lets say, interesting.

But, we have megapower consoles coming, so we see then what kind of treats they can offer us.

I'm scratching my head over this "on pc you need 60 fps but on consoles, 30 fps look fine".

Can somehow explain to me why? Any links?

My ideas would be:

- do consoles have some kind of frame doubling? I doubt...

- do these people keep the frame doubling of the TVs active? Then hello to massive input lag...

- do console games always have some massive motion blur active to make it look smoother?

I mean I have an Xbox 360 and the few 30 fps games I played on it looked exactly like I would activate "vsync - half refresh rate" on my pc.
Stuttering for the first few hours of playing, then you somehow get used to it but it's still kinda awful...

You have not played ACC since long ago. 7 Months ago:
search 1:03:40, there you have the animated pit crew that keeps you feeling betrayed.

In other order of things, people was expecting a 7 years old hardware that on it's day already was inferior to a contemporary PC to run a 2020 sim that is known for put on their knees bleeding edge PC hardware?. Let's be real, the IA cars run the same physics as the human player, so it is very CPU intensive. In my opinion the IA concept that kunos implemented is overkill and a waste of CPU computing resources.

The crossplay was never going to happen: back in AC1 stefano said that for consoles the updates have to be kind of certified, so updates can't keep the pace that the PC can with patches and hotfixes. A online race with people with different game versions is a nonsense.

The bugs that people are experiencing is a **** show from the company that did the port to consoles, they should had tested it a lot more, as the consoles users are extremelly unforgiving with bugs.

Bad start of the console versions, the heat the port company will receive will make them work their asses to improve the ports. They will discover that they can't get away with a halfassed port.

I played it again.

I should have specified, the animation of driver change that is highlighted on the official website and not proposed to date.

And then concerning the teams in the pits, I have more people in my house than in the pits ... it's a pity to see only his team and not the other teams of mechanics in the pits. It breaks the immersion on this part.

After for the rest, it's high level for eyes, ears and gameplay :)

I always use my PC for sim racing , so i decided to try ACC for xbox on preorder and i was very disapointed for now its bad may be with future update, but i dought maybe better on next generation of xbox console?? give a chance to Kunos but for now i will stick with my pc with AMS2 .

Apparently 505 Games hired studio called d3t Ldt to do the port job, but it didn't go well.

- Game is running at 30fps, but with bad frame pacing which gives more judder and input lag.

- Sometimes the game will completely bug out and the frame-rates will drop to something like 4fps, see this video at 0:56

- Apparently no way to change FOV or seat position like in the PC version

- No private servers

- Headlights seem to be much weaker in the console version during the night than PC, they cast only like 2 meters in front. Much brighter ambience lighting to compensate? See comparison here: https://imgsli.com/MTgyODA

- Photo mode missing

- Numerous people are reporting that the game isn't recognizing their wheel setup properly.

- For some people the game is constantly crashing when trying to access MP, see this video at 3:36:05

Last edited:
It's not on the Unreal Engine, It's a brand new in-house engine from Infinity Ward that will also be used for Call of Duty 2020. They also have a massive development budget and staffing difference versus a porting team and Kunos.

Seriously how often do people need to be schooled on the size of the small niche market of sim racing?

When I finished the last COD campaign after ten minutes the credits got boring so I went and had a cup of tea and came back to find the reams of names still rolling up screen.

So why can’t Kunos do what they do again?

I hope they cant join us online! Ie. PC users. They will be using handsets and driving using the follow camera.
perhaps we should have cockpit view by default. Race properly using cockpit view.
bet this will jerk some reactions!!
It's not like PC drivers are much better. Have you tried an open lobby in AC? Especially on Monza the majority can't figure out how to brake for t1. So get off your high horse.

Apparently 505 studios hired studio called d3t Ldt to do the port job, but it didn't go well.

- Game is running at 30fps, but with bad frame pacing which gives more judder and input lag.

- Sometimes the game will completely bug out and the frame-rates will drop to something like 4fps, see this video at 0:56

- Apparently no way to change FOV or seat position like in the PC version

- No private servers

- Headlights seem to much weaker in the console version during the night, they cast only like 2 meters in front. Much brighter ambience lighting to compensate? See comparison here: https://imgsli.com/MTgyODA

- Photo mode missing

- Numerous people are reporting that the game isn't recognizing their wheel setup properly.

- For some people the game is constantly crashing when trying to access MP, see this video at 3:36:05
did they not test the game or what? why release it like that why not at least do open beta before official game launch lol.

did they not test the game or what? why release it like that why not at least do open beta before official game launch lol.
They more than likely did test it. But once any product leaves the safety of testing and gets released to the general population problems will pop up.

I thought the whole benefit of consoles was that they are all the same, it doesn't make sense for people to have such different experiences. Could some of these people be running modded consoles?

The bottom line is consoles are rubbish for sim racing. I don't know why people are always surprised when they fail to deliver the PC experience.

I mean I have an Xbox 360 and the few 30 fps games I played on it looked exactly like I would activate "vsync - half refresh rate" on my pc.
I think FPS snobbery is a real delusion.

Kunos and 505 games need to bring in money, so console versions happen. Life would probably be easier for Kunos if they could just ignore the consoles.

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have today released their Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

PC players will undoubtedly already be well aware of Assetto Corsa Competizione. Having released in Early Access back in September of 2018, the official simulation of the SRO GT World Challenge series has undergone considerable development and transformation in the following months - now enjoying the status of one of the most well regarded racing simulations currently available.

Back in March, Kunos Simulazioni revealed the game will be heading to both Xbox One and PS4 this summer, and with much anticipation from the console community, release day has finally arrived! It's here!

Released today, console players now have access to both the physical and digital versions of the game, and those who pre ordered also get access to the Intercontinental GT Challenge DLC, that includes Suzuka, Bathurst, Laguna Seca and Kyalami as well as numerous additional liveries for the cars already within the game.

While private lobbies won’t be in the console edition of ACC at launch, Kunos have announced that they will be coming at a later date. Stay tuned for more information!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

View attachment 383775
ACC on Xbox one s , stutters on replay and dash data flickering numbers Lambo , so far a big disappointment

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%