Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Update 1.5.6 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have dropped a new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione.
  • Hotfix 1.5.6 available now.
  • Various multiplayer updates.
  • Improved tyre wear indicators.

Update time! Wooop. Yes, today another small but still important build of the Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation has found it's way to the internet, via the Steam platform, and with it a collection of useful goodies have been brought to the official racing title of the SRO GT World Challenege series.

So, how about telling us what comes in the box Mr. Jeffrey I hear you all cry. Well, I would, but I like the sound of my own key strokes too much (bought a new laptop today, so want to enjoy typing a bit longer)... now, what can I write about..?

Oh yeah, what changed! Right, well, a few nice little things have been improved as part of this latest build update, as Kunos concentrate more on the small details ahead of the next major build release in the coming weeks (I'm sure most of you spotted Stefano back at his Kunos shaped desk doing some of his magic to help out?).

Cheif among the new stuff is some nice multiplayer fixes, tyre wear on wet boots and UI improvements to help indicate said tyre wear.. all of which can be seen in the changelog below.

ACC Middle.jpg

V1.5.6 Update Notes:

MULTIPLAYER

• Fixed an issue with receiving a time penalty when a car was performing a pitstop would clear without getting added to the pitstop time.
  • Server: fixed an issue in the server that would prevent the result.json to be populated by lap data when the server was restarted due to all clients disconnecting.
  • Fix to the crash that occurred with the Chevrolet Camaro GT4R on driver swap.
  • Server: fixed erroneous car visibility in certain situations with limited opponent visibility.
PHYSICS
  • Fixed an issue when a puncture caused by excessive tyre wear would compromise the suspension geometry upon returning to the garage.
  • Similarly to other puncture scenarios (pressure loss and flatspotting), the punctured tyre is now "patched up" after a pitstop/in garage but remains in a critical condition and is not to be reused.
  • Adjustments to wet tyre wear in different temperatures.
UI
  • Corrected credits page image compression.
  • More detailed tyre condition indicator in the Pitstop MFD page for used tyre sets
  • NOTE: ranges from white to black based on the worst property of the worst tyre of the set.
  • Corrected an issue that prevented dry tyre set 1 to be selected in the pitstop MFD when the car was on wet tyres.#Fixed UI leaderboard erroneously showing placeholder entry with no laptimes to show.
GRAPHICS
  • Corrected windscreen wiper mask for the Mercedes-AMG GT4.

(this laptop keyboard really is nice).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to talk with fellow fans of the simulation? Good news, head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and do just that! Join in the discussion today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
yeah , so when I was asking about it on their forums, where I accidentally drove the 6h endurance event ( that was 3 hours in real time) on the same tires !! because I dind't realized i'm not changing them , .. I was told that my racecraft sucks if I flatspot tires so easily

reading all updates regarding tire wear, flatspotting and UI changes to make it more visible, fixing collapsed geometry ... yeah .. my driving

but nice to see improvements anyhow

Looking forward to Stefano's improvements to the AI in the next big update. Been watching his twitch streams past couple weeks. Never thought watching someone change code for three hours would be entertaining

This is what i love about Kunos, They listen! Load's of complaining about poor AI, They get Stefano to help sort it! Top dev's.

• Deleted member 197115

They can't keep pulling Stefano all the times, he is a free man now with no obligations to Kunos.
My understanding that Stefano volunteered for that after all the negative comments on AI.

Off topic a little but will be on topic in a few weeks, hopefully ;)
They can't keep pulling Stefano all the times, he is a free man now with no obligations to Kunos.
My understanding that Stefano volunteered for that after all the negative comments on AI.
Imagine being responsible for a racing game where the ai couldnt race ;)
It should of been flagged a long time ago and tried and tested which it obviously wasnt, but fair play to him for doing his bit now, and as a man who only ever raced online till i got into ACC, i cant wait, the ai are starting to look really good in the dev streams, proper racing.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years