Assetto Corsa Competizione: New Hotfix Releases Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Notes.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a couple of hotfix releases for Assetto Corsa Competizione, including some very welcome VR performance advice...

Well, let us be honest here, these are some pretty sizeable update notes considering the "hotfix" tag, so don't be fooled into thinking they are just quick and simple new build releases aimed at single areas of focus - most sim racing game developers don't have release notes this large for main build updates!

Alongside the new fixes, Kunos have also offered some advice to players looking for more performance from VR devices, of which you can see the details below:

ACC VR Tips.png

ACC Hotfix Update Notes:

v0.6.2
  • Fixed wrong first lap time when start-finish line is crossed before the green light.
  • Fixed AI erratic speeds during formation lap.- Added lumirank update in the replay.
  • Enabled detailed animations in onboard cameras.
  • Added session over message for qualifying/practice.
  • Improved AI pace at Monza and Nurburgring.
  • Added intermediate solution to run the formation sequence in Multiplayer. Overtakes may happen, but enables the controlled formation sequence.
  • Fixed protocol mismatch on the rating backend, resulting in wrong data.
  • Fixed SA Rating working in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed RC Rating preventing data being stored in Multiplayer.
  • NOTE: Due to incompatibilities with the data, the Rating Profiles will be reset again.
  • Fixed end-sequence in Multiplayer: spotter announcement, checkered flags and so on will now be correctly triggered.
  • Fixed formation sequence not starting when the leader is in the pits.
  • Fixed rare crash in the Multiplayer server, possibly also crashing connected clients.
  • Fixed races not showing time gaps in Multiplayer races.
  • Fixed tyres not being correctly selected based on dynamic weather conditions along with the setup.
  • Added “Official Test Server” opened for experimental features and testing. See the official support forum.
  • Fixed search and password text input issues in VR.
v0.6.1
  • Added rear-view camera display in Lamborghini Huracán GT3.
  • Consistent mirror resolution in all cars.
  • Fixed ghost car not working in some instances.
  • Ghost car now has a more stable render.
  • Fixed replay highlights increasing with longer sessions.
  • Fix to mirror resolution default. – NOTE: defaults to intended default resolution (MID) without changing anything. The EPIC setting is now eliminated. No action required from the user.
  • Added precision timer to MP.
  • Fix to false-positive DQ resulting from teleporting to pits.
  • Fixed standings widget not updating total player count.
  • Fixed driving camera resetting after entering and leaving the pause menu.
  • Fixed both Nissan’s’ setup ECU values, now start from 1.
  • Fixed potential issue with road effects settings not loading properly.
  • Race communication durations edited for important messages.
  • Race results now show gaps to the leader.
  • AI skill and aggressiveness sliders remember last set values across game modes. NOTE: AI values will reset after initial launch so pay attention when playing for the first time.
  • Informative help snippets added when selecting each graphics setting.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 status.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay in touch with the latest news, community discussions and fan engagement regarding this well developing racing simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The hotfix has only made things worse for me: before the hotfix the VR wouldn't work, now it doesn't start at all, not even in pancake mode :thumbsdown:
Thank goodness for rF2 and PC2, they start in a few seconds and just work. The "early access" excuse is beginning to wear a little thin.......I'm beginning to think that the final release won't be any better, thank goodness I only paid the early access price, it's not the first time I've been burned...and won't be the last :D

Some things have not appeared yet, some things need improving, indeed VR is poor right now ...but honestly, I do not care, because I am very confident that Kunos will deliver in the end...If I had any doubt, I would have never entered into the early access program.

I am sure that we are not so far away from holding events here at RD with this sim and I am sure the grids will be full.

I feel like I'm the exception? I did the "delete the whole game" thing and let it reload from scratch. For me it is running a lot better now. And Paul Ricard for example looks better as well.

Also, I really like the feel of the new 18 Datsun. Not sure if its just a placebo, but I prefer the feel of the other cars as well now.

Can we set the hud to only have the radar only and not the rating bs in the top right corner?
I really like a very minimal hud so just hit f2 a few times to remove everything but would like the radar on but can't figure out how to have it only!

Can we set the hud to only have the radar only and not the rating bs in the top right corner?
I really like a very minimal hud so just hit f2 a few times to remove everything but would like the radar on but can't figure out how to have it only!
you can switch it off in hud settings:confused:

I feel like I'm the exception? I did the "delete the whole game" thing and let it reload from scratch. For me it is running a lot better now. And Paul Ricard for example looks better as well.

Also, I really like the feel of the new 18 Datsun. Not sure if its just a placebo, but I prefer the feel of the other cars as well now.

Yes, although I haven't deleted/reloaded, I am considering to do so when Vers 1 arrives.

It's in the HUD menu options is it not? Disable everything you don't want and enable what you do want...

After the hotfix 0.6.2 yesterday I gave a warm welcome to hotfix 0.6.3 early this morning ... since that it is not possible to run an offline race without the warning message CPU load > 99%???. Lots of stuttering and lags.

Cheers

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing