Assetto Corsa Competizione: New Hotfix Releases Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Notes.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a couple of hotfix releases for Assetto Corsa Competizione, including some very welcome VR performance advice...

Well, let us be honest here, these are some pretty sizeable update notes considering the "hotfix" tag, so don't be fooled into thinking they are just quick and simple new build releases aimed at single areas of focus - most sim racing game developers don't have release notes this large for main build updates!

Alongside the new fixes, Kunos have also offered some advice to players looking for more performance from VR devices, of which you can see the details below:

ACC VR Tips.png

ACC Hotfix Update Notes:

v0.6.2
  • Fixed wrong first lap time when start-finish line is crossed before the green light.
  • Fixed AI erratic speeds during formation lap.- Added lumirank update in the replay.
  • Enabled detailed animations in onboard cameras.
  • Added session over message for qualifying/practice.
  • Improved AI pace at Monza and Nurburgring.
  • Added intermediate solution to run the formation sequence in Multiplayer. Overtakes may happen, but enables the controlled formation sequence.
  • Fixed protocol mismatch on the rating backend, resulting in wrong data.
  • Fixed SA Rating working in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed RC Rating preventing data being stored in Multiplayer.
  • NOTE: Due to incompatibilities with the data, the Rating Profiles will be reset again.
  • Fixed end-sequence in Multiplayer: spotter announcement, checkered flags and so on will now be correctly triggered.
  • Fixed formation sequence not starting when the leader is in the pits.
  • Fixed rare crash in the Multiplayer server, possibly also crashing connected clients.
  • Fixed races not showing time gaps in Multiplayer races.
  • Fixed tyres not being correctly selected based on dynamic weather conditions along with the setup.
  • Added “Official Test Server” opened for experimental features and testing. See the official support forum.
  • Fixed search and password text input issues in VR.
v0.6.1
  • Added rear-view camera display in Lamborghini Huracán GT3.
  • Consistent mirror resolution in all cars.
  • Fixed ghost car not working in some instances.
  • Ghost car now has a more stable render.
  • Fixed replay highlights increasing with longer sessions.
  • Fix to mirror resolution default. – NOTE: defaults to intended default resolution (MID) without changing anything. The EPIC setting is now eliminated. No action required from the user.
  • Added precision timer to MP.
  • Fix to false-positive DQ resulting from teleporting to pits.
  • Fixed standings widget not updating total player count.
  • Fixed driving camera resetting after entering and leaving the pause menu.
  • Fixed both Nissan’s’ setup ECU values, now start from 1.
  • Fixed potential issue with road effects settings not loading properly.
  • Race communication durations edited for important messages.
  • Race results now show gaps to the leader.
  • AI skill and aggressiveness sliders remember last set values across game modes. NOTE: AI values will reset after initial launch so pay attention when playing for the first time.
  • Informative help snippets added when selecting each graphics setting.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 status.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay in touch with the latest news, community discussions and fan engagement regarding this well developing racing simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I have a couple of questions;

Is there any way to move or adjust the size of the HUD elements? Ideally I’d like to reduce the size of most of them as they look way too large for me.

Are there any UE3 deep config ini pages available to edit to give you a more customisable visual experience? I know some UE games to have this editable and you can adjust every small detail like HDR, bloom, AA, textures etc.

Thanks.

Just tried a wet race, medium rain at 7pm with 29 opponents. CPU usage warning was flickering in the top left hand corner.
I previously had it set to 25 and didn't get the warnings. But that was in the dry. Would the weather have any effect on this?
Dont think so. Panky said above you that FPS is unrelated so im guessing graphics doesnt matter in this regard. Unless of course some effects like reflections uses CPU and thus taking CPU time from AI and more likely cause CPU warning?

Also, just to advise, I'm having to turn down an awful lot of things to get it running at 60fps in the wet and dark. I'm sure it's better than it has been before but still, a GTX1070 really being brought to it's knees to get acceptable frames...
I figured I'd throw the worst case scenario at my system and set it for that, then I can go into any game mode with any weather or time settings and should be ok.
I wish there were graphics profiles that you could set during the game. Then you could set one for dry/day, wet/day, dry/night, wet/night etc.
Did you try removing and then completing a fresh installation (recommended if you're having performance issues)?

Still really bad ghosting behind the cars in replay. Ruins the otherwise great graphics :(

You can fiddle around with the settings in your "Engine.ini" (C:\Users\YourUSERNAME\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor). Add this section below the existing lines:

[Core.System]
Paths=../../../Engine/Content
Paths=%GAMEDIR%Content
Paths=../../../AC2/Plugins/FMODStudio/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Steam/SteamVR/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Oculus/OculusVR/Content
Paths=../../../AC2/Plugins/ACShaders/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/2D/Paper2D/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/CryptoKeys/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/MeshEditor/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithContent/Content
Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Media/MediaCompositing/Content

[SystemSettings]
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.75 << optional
r.TemporalAASamples=4 << optional
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.2

Increasing the value surpresses ghosting but - if overdone (> 0.75) - it'll create flickering depending on your screen resoultion and other adverse effects (loss off geometry smoothing). Try to find your sweetspot in the range of 0.2 and 0.5. MSAA would be miles better but it's just too performance heavy on deferred engines like UE4.

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions;

Is there any way to move or adjust the size of the HUD elements? Ideally I’d like to reduce the size of most of them as they look way too large for me.

Are there any UE3 deep config ini pages available to edit to give you a more customisable visual experience? I know some UE games to have this editable and you can adjust every small detail like HDR, bloom, AA, textures etc.

Thanks.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/hud-for-large-screen-3840x1080-or-more.55195/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 112 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 87 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 116 13.4%