Assetto Corsa Competizione: New Hotfix Releases Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Notes.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a couple of hotfix releases for Assetto Corsa Competizione, including some very welcome VR performance advice...

Well, let us be honest here, these are some pretty sizeable update notes considering the "hotfix" tag, so don't be fooled into thinking they are just quick and simple new build releases aimed at single areas of focus - most sim racing game developers don't have release notes this large for main build updates!

Alongside the new fixes, Kunos have also offered some advice to players looking for more performance from VR devices, of which you can see the details below:

ACC VR Tips.png

ACC Hotfix Update Notes:

v0.6.2
  • Fixed wrong first lap time when start-finish line is crossed before the green light.
  • Fixed AI erratic speeds during formation lap.- Added lumirank update in the replay.
  • Enabled detailed animations in onboard cameras.
  • Added session over message for qualifying/practice.
  • Improved AI pace at Monza and Nurburgring.
  • Added intermediate solution to run the formation sequence in Multiplayer. Overtakes may happen, but enables the controlled formation sequence.
  • Fixed protocol mismatch on the rating backend, resulting in wrong data.
  • Fixed SA Rating working in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed RC Rating preventing data being stored in Multiplayer.
  • NOTE: Due to incompatibilities with the data, the Rating Profiles will be reset again.
  • Fixed end-sequence in Multiplayer: spotter announcement, checkered flags and so on will now be correctly triggered.
  • Fixed formation sequence not starting when the leader is in the pits.
  • Fixed rare crash in the Multiplayer server, possibly also crashing connected clients.
  • Fixed races not showing time gaps in Multiplayer races.
  • Fixed tyres not being correctly selected based on dynamic weather conditions along with the setup.
  • Added “Official Test Server” opened for experimental features and testing. See the official support forum.
  • Fixed search and password text input issues in VR.
v0.6.1
  • Added rear-view camera display in Lamborghini Huracán GT3.
  • Consistent mirror resolution in all cars.
  • Fixed ghost car not working in some instances.
  • Ghost car now has a more stable render.
  • Fixed replay highlights increasing with longer sessions.
  • Fix to mirror resolution default. – NOTE: defaults to intended default resolution (MID) without changing anything. The EPIC setting is now eliminated. No action required from the user.
  • Added precision timer to MP.
  • Fix to false-positive DQ resulting from teleporting to pits.
  • Fixed standings widget not updating total player count.
  • Fixed driving camera resetting after entering and leaving the pause menu.
  • Fixed both Nissan’s’ setup ECU values, now start from 1.
  • Fixed potential issue with road effects settings not loading properly.
  • Race communication durations edited for important messages.
  • Race results now show gaps to the leader.
  • AI skill and aggressiveness sliders remember last set values across game modes. NOTE: AI values will reset after initial launch so pay attention when playing for the first time.
  • Informative help snippets added when selecting each graphics setting.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 status.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay in touch with the latest news, community discussions and fan engagement regarding this well developing racing simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

So now that we're deep into the sixth iteration of this sim, let's review. 1. The FF is much more robust (although still with a marked lack of granulatity), but now the tire model feels soft and squishy, like Eisenhauer's Presidential limousine. 2. The menus are still a mess; having been designed for looks, not usability (Kunos apparently still hasn't read Tufte's marvelous books on visual design). 3. Despite all odds (and previous inclusions) now we're stuck with the default gear ratios as if we were all racing Austin-Healey 100s.
Well if you want to simulate a series where gear ratios are fixed, you don't allow adjustments...

WOW, I am really enjoying ACC at the moment and have done right from day 1 without any real noticeable problems and the FFB on my TSXW Racer is feeling possibly the best FFB out of all the Sims I have, (could just be the settings though) and is looking mighty good running with my RTX2070 on mostly High / Epic settings with a Triple Screen set up and the Audio is amazing.
Loving the Jag and the Nissan and really appreciated the effort Kunos did with the Nissan's cockpit making the 2015 and 2018 versions at least different inside and although no triple screen support I personally feel the perspective of the cockpits on most cars works well for the way I like to set up my view to see the dash readout, steering wheel top, rear view mirror and side mirrors...fantastic work....now, if only Kunos would fix the perspective in the Bentley's cockpit to match the Nissan's, all would be perfect...lol
Nissan 2015
ACC NISSAN 2015 COCKPIT copy.jpg

Nissan 2018
ACC NISSAN 2018 COCKPIT copy.jpg

ACC NISSAN at MONZA copy.jpg
ACC JAG at MONZA copy.jpg

Last edited:
Well for me, this update and the -vr option, made all the difference in the world. Looks great, and is actually usable now. Don't get me wrong, there's still things that need improvement, but this has been a giant step in the right direction for my experience.

Loving the Medium Rain at Monza at the moment and I am sure there seems to be an over spray effect when I have a car in front of me there is more rain / spray hitting the windscreen and less spray when there is no car and I am way behind the pack....or it could be that I am deliriously happy racing in ACC and seeing something that is not there...or is it...lol
ACC JAG cockpit at MONZA Medium Rain copy.jpg

Exactly my thoughts, \ I fear that the manufacturers won't allow the Devs to release a game that shows their cars being destroyed. Well that would be crap.
It's a dumb excuse for devs who can't/don't want to design a good damage model.
I didn't hear anything like this from any simracing studio in the last years.
I'm sure this theory started on last gen consoles , companies like EA(need for speed) and... started craps like this to cover their Weaknesses.

The 30m hotstint at Monza in the GTR in the rain is superb especially in VR. The wet track feel in the FFB is so much more detailed and realistic over the previous build, previously the with TX wheel the FFB felt quite similar to F1 2018 in the wet. The GTR in car scale in Oculus is perfect, it really does feel like being inside the car. The cars move around through the standing water so much more realistically and loss of grip on the the wet slippy kerbs are so much more noticeable. The excessive Gears of War/UE style red glare also seems to have been toned down which is good for my eyes.

Equally impressive is the way the fuel weight impacts the car handling and braking points. The braking points into those big stops moves significantly over the 16 laps, it really does give the feeling of the car and track evolving as the time progresses.

The super pole and hotstint events have added so much more game to ACC for me. They are a great innovation from just the usual hotlap leaderboards.

Whoever is responsible for the way the connector cable behind the wheel moves and sways when the car corners and reacts to kerbs deserves a bonus. It's a level of attention to detail and realism that makes this game stand out.

One slightly strange thing I did notice was that my safety rating dropped by 3 points per lap during this hotstint event (Racecraft number was unaffected). that doesn't seem quite right as I was in a solo lapping session. I did a quick race vs the AI and the safety numbers went back up again so they are working in races. No big deal, I'm sure stuff like that will get sorted in time. I like the driver rating numbers though, they are useful feedback for improving performance nd again make this more of a game.

Just tried the latest 6.03 build in Oculus VR, with the -vr setting and it's working superbly smoothly for me. On the straights I'm seeing 90FPS with some dips into the 80s, in the corners that drops to 45FPS - I assume that's all the processing power required for the corners?? I'm using 45FPS ASW which is good enough for me and it's smooth and fully playable.

I'm not sure what other people are seeing when they say VR is poor in ACC, the close up detail and distance draw VR image looks as good as any of the other racing/cockpit games to me.

After deleting and re installing ACC, as recommended by panky, my VR experience with my CV1, is now on par with any other VR experience. It was not the case before 0.6.
I am now able to enjoy the great graphics of UE4 in VR and that is something the older SIM do not offer.
Multiplayer has also progressed nicely, still issues but a lot more stable.
0.6 and the “hotfix” are a great improvement over the precedent EA stage and I am already convince ACC will be one of the, if not the best SIM driving experience available in VR for us to enjoy.

I'm on the other end of the scale, whilst my PC is low spec for VR it does run iRacing/RF2/AC perfectly well enough. With ACC I can't get past the blurry image no matter the settings, it's enough that after 30minutes I can feel my eyes straining which I don't get in any other Sim. Sure the Unreal Engine and CPU calculations of ACC may well be more demanding, so my system falters with that, but the persistent stuttering I also get without any of my CPU cores hitting 100% suggests there's more room for optimisation to come for VR - at least I'm hoping anyway.

When it is running smoothly (in between the stutters) I can appreciate the finer details of the Sim, it certainly has a lot of potential for VR but unfortunately it's not great for me in this version and nowhere near the other Sims (yes I have uninstalled/reinstalled, deleted the suggested folders etc etc).

You certainly need to do a lot of reading
about ACC in the various forums.
But it has yielded quite some rewards just lately.
For me the game has improved in leaps and bounds, I certainly do not have too high end gear.

3440x1440 , i5 6600k and GTX 1080 GPU.

Monza 26 cars , I get 105 FPS and more at the start and into the 110’s during the race.
I do have quite large variation in frame time,
although my G-Sync monitor keeps it all very smooth.

That is with all setting to exactly were I have been advised or to a setting I find 100% acceptable.
(I have as yet not messed with any of the ini files)

My CPU and GPU certainly have to work for their living. But at the moment all temps are below 60 deg C in ACC.:)

FFB is excellent :thumbsup:
Sound is excellent :thumbsup:
Visuals are excellent.:thumbsup:
Effect are excellent.:thumbsup:

I am still a **** driver though.
Cannot get any decent times out of the cars.
It’s a pity Kunos cannot programme me with
some speed. :thumbsdown:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back