Assetto Corsa Competizione: New Hotfix Releases Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Hotfix Notes.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a couple of hotfix releases for Assetto Corsa Competizione, including some very welcome VR performance advice...

Well, let us be honest here, these are some pretty sizeable update notes considering the "hotfix" tag, so don't be fooled into thinking they are just quick and simple new build releases aimed at single areas of focus - most sim racing game developers don't have release notes this large for main build updates!

Alongside the new fixes, Kunos have also offered some advice to players looking for more performance from VR devices, of which you can see the details below:

ACC VR Tips.png

ACC Hotfix Update Notes:

v0.6.2
  • Fixed wrong first lap time when start-finish line is crossed before the green light.
  • Fixed AI erratic speeds during formation lap.- Added lumirank update in the replay.
  • Enabled detailed animations in onboard cameras.
  • Added session over message for qualifying/practice.
  • Improved AI pace at Monza and Nurburgring.
  • Added intermediate solution to run the formation sequence in Multiplayer. Overtakes may happen, but enables the controlled formation sequence.
  • Fixed protocol mismatch on the rating backend, resulting in wrong data.
  • Fixed SA Rating working in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed RC Rating preventing data being stored in Multiplayer.
  • NOTE: Due to incompatibilities with the data, the Rating Profiles will be reset again.
  • Fixed end-sequence in Multiplayer: spotter announcement, checkered flags and so on will now be correctly triggered.
  • Fixed formation sequence not starting when the leader is in the pits.
  • Fixed rare crash in the Multiplayer server, possibly also crashing connected clients.
  • Fixed races not showing time gaps in Multiplayer races.
  • Fixed tyres not being correctly selected based on dynamic weather conditions along with the setup.
  • Added “Official Test Server” opened for experimental features and testing. See the official support forum.
  • Fixed search and password text input issues in VR.
v0.6.1
  • Added rear-view camera display in Lamborghini Huracán GT3.
  • Consistent mirror resolution in all cars.
  • Fixed ghost car not working in some instances.
  • Ghost car now has a more stable render.
  • Fixed replay highlights increasing with longer sessions.
  • Fix to mirror resolution default. – NOTE: defaults to intended default resolution (MID) without changing anything. The EPIC setting is now eliminated. No action required from the user.
  • Added precision timer to MP.
  • Fix to false-positive DQ resulting from teleporting to pits.
  • Fixed standings widget not updating total player count.
  • Fixed driving camera resetting after entering and leaving the pause menu.
  • Fixed both Nissan’s’ setup ECU values, now start from 1.
  • Fixed potential issue with road effects settings not loading properly.
  • Race communication durations edited for important messages.
  • Race results now show gaps to the leader.
  • AI skill and aggressiveness sliders remember last set values across game modes. NOTE: AI values will reset after initial launch so pay attention when playing for the first time.
  • Informative help snippets added when selecting each graphics setting.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 status.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment to stay in touch with the latest news, community discussions and fan engagement regarding this well developing racing simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Even with the new patch and "-vr" fix, my rift still stutters, shakes whenever I move my head. Anyone else encounter this? It was working fine in the earlier stages of the game.

I had this exact issue, I could always run the game just fine and with 0.6 my rift was having unnatural stuttering, it almost felt wrong that my rig would even have that issue, and when i moved my head it was shaking so badly and the image looked like I was looking through a CRT TV with black rounded edges on the sides showing up. In the end all I did to fix it, not joking, was remove my headset from my head when I was on the track, wait for the rift display to go dark, then put it back on. And all the stuttering was gone. No issues since then. ACC never ran better in VR before 0.6 IMO, it's smooth as heck. Give it a shot, it's a simple enough thing to do. If it works it works, if it doesn't then my thoughts and prayers go to you and hope you find a solution that does work. :D

ACC was unplayable for me until these last 2 patches and the vr 'advice', now it looks like a different game, I realize if I push the boundaries on my gtx1080, it does get bad again but nowhere as it was before.
But, I do sympathize with your disappointment when things are not working or they work and then break with a update it is to say the least frustrating, but hang in there I'm sure we will all be happy with the result at some point. It seems to me you can have 2 pc's with the same spec and 2 different people will get 2 different results!! :O_o:

After deleting and re installing ACC, as recommended by panky, my VR experience with my CV1, is now on par with any other VR experience. It was not the case before 0.6.
I am now able to enjoy the great graphics of UE4 in VR and that is something the older SIM do not offer.
Multiplayer has also progressed nicely, still issues but a lot more stable.
0.6 and the “hotfix” are a great improvement over the precedent EA stage and I am already convince ACC will be one of the, if not the best SIM driving experience available in VR for us to enjoy.

Just tried the latest 6.03 build in Oculus VR, with the -vr setting and it's working superbly smoothly for me. On the straights I'm seeing 90FPS with some dips into the 80s, in the corners that drops to 45FPS - I assume that's all the processing power required for the corners?? I'm using 45FPS ASW which is good enough for me and it's smooth and fully playable.

I'm not sure what other people are seeing when they say VR is poor in ACC, the close up detail and distance draw VR image looks as good as any of the other racing/cockpit games to me.

Massive improvement for me, may be stating the obvious or it might have already been said but after the - vr launch option dont select run in vr when steam askes. I have shadows, textures, 100% res scaling and most other settings on med, night rainy race was smooth. So pleased 1080ti - 6600k

Yesterday 0.6.2 made me loss about 10fps on my testings, today 0.6.3 recovered them back.
Is there a changelog for 0.6.3? I cannot find it.
- Fixed windshield water effects turning off with LOW and MED Effects settings.
- Fixed EF Jaguar G3 missing hydraulic compressor sound.
- Lamborghini Huracán GT3 aero correction.
- Fixed "locked controls" message invisible in VR.
- Fixed missing pause mode in shared memory causing unwanted shaking in motion rigs.

So now that we're deep into the sixth iteration of this sim, let's review. 1. The FF is much more robust (although still with a marked lack of granulatity), but now the tire model feels soft and squishy, like Eisenhauer's Presidential limousine. 2. The menus are still a mess; having been designed for looks, not usability (Kunos apparently still hasn't read Tufte's marvelous books on visual design). 3. Despite all odds (and previous inclusions) now we're stuck with the default gear ratios as if we were all racing Austin-Healey 100s.

Definitely agree it seems like we're plodding around in the presidential limousine - good description!
And yes, why is the Start Session button still in the middle? Of all the apps I use Kunos is the only one putting it there. After checking all the settings I look to the bottom center-right for the Start button and then I have to scan around the screen...where is it again? :O_o:

What I also don't get is why some people think you shouldn't complain because it's early access. Duh! That's exactly why you should mention any issues you find. It ain't gonna get fixed after early access ends! :confused:

Massive improvement for me, may be stating the obvious or it might have already been said but after the - vr launch option dont select run in vr when steam askes. I have shadows, textures, 100% res scaling and most other settings on med, night rainy race was smooth. So pleased 1080ti - 6600k
Done nothing for my VR still cant get over 45FPS . Worse still 30FPS in rain at night. Its so frustrating as when I'm not in VR I get a constant 95FPS :(

Anybody know what I can change to get the start screen in VR in the middle, so I can actually see it, and use the menus? When I start in VR, the screen is somewhere down by my feet.
Edit: Now, when I try to start the game, in VR or pancake mode, the whole computer and the mouse pointer freeze. After a hard boot I'm re-installing it to give it another chance....Never say never :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back