Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Available, Adds RaceDepartment Liveried Car!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione today - including amongst other things the RaceDeparment Barwell Motorsport Lamborghini Huracan GT3!
  • New hotfix update now available.
  • RD liveried Lamborghini now default content.
  • Various fixes and bugs addressed.
New hotfix update time for Assetto Corsa Competizione is here, and as well as the usual fine collection of tweaks and refinements developed by the team over at Kunos Simulazioni, the new build also includes a rather cool new livery for the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - the RaceDepartment sponsored Barwell Motorsport Esport livery, as designed by RD member @jajafrison for the recent SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship.

RD Lambo.jpg

In terms of updates, the new build brings together a collection of small tweaks and improvements to the title - chief of which is a change to the way dedicated servers are handled within the title. Details of these dedi server changes can be found in the update notes below.

Other changes include weather tweaks and a fix for potential Logitech crashes. Details below.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.5.8 Update Notes:

General:

• Separated Dedicated Server as a standalone item in the Steam/Tools library.
    NOTE: The Dedicated Server and the Broadcast SDK will no longer be part of the main game content but they will be found under the “Assetto Corsa Competizione Dedicated Server” as an item in the Steam Tools library.
Gameplay:
  • Adjusted weather scaling with variable weather – weather patterns normalized to reduce the likelihood of unpredictable and extreme weather when using high weather variability.
    NOTE: the user can now be more generous with cloud level and variability settings, the level of variation will retain its effect on the rate of weather changes but without the byproduct of accumulating into extreme scenarios.
  • Unified and improved Singleplayer and Multiplayer weather model.
  • Optimizations to the weather model to better align Single Player and Multiplayer behavior.
    NOTE: updates to the Server/Multiplayer side will be detailed in the Dedicated Server changelog and the Server Handbook.
Physics:
  • Fixed an issue with wind scaling versus weather variation in Single Player.
Controls:
  • Fixed a potential crash caused by an issue with the Logitech plugin accessing external libraries.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to get the most out of your simulation? No worries, if you have questions ask our epic community! Start up a new thread on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Do not they thinking about shadow pop-up issue when get closer ? It is really annoying. Some say "increase Foliage LOD quality" but it is at epic now and already can see the pop-ups anyway. Or any way to solve this that i dont now ?

Do not they thinking about shadow pop-up issue when get closer ? It is really annoying. Some say "increase Foliage LOD quality" but it is at epic now and already can see the pop-ups anyway. Or any way to solve this that i dont now ?
Been searching for an answer to that for a long time, there isnt one. Tried many .ini tweaks and so on but nothing ever helped. :(

Great that they constantly update the game, but, why do they not address, for me and am sure so many others, the problem with lap times being incorrect?
I know you can use the ACC Results Companion, but It's a racing simulator ffs and that is surely a key part on measuring your improvements, you should not have to have an app running in the background to store your lap times. I find it quite infuriating.
If that fix came through i would be overjoyed, even being able to report the laptimes that were incorrect so they could be deleted maybe?

Great that they constantly update the game, but, why do they not address, for me and am sure so many others, the problem with lap times being incorrect?
I know you can use the ACC Results Companion, but It's a racing simulator ffs and that is surely a key part on measuring your improvements, you should not have to have an app running in the background to store your lap times. I find it quite infuriating.
If that fix came through i would be overjoyed, even being able to report the laptimes that were incorrect so they could be deleted maybe?
Exactly, that and the broken PC rating, that has not been working since they revised the special events in 1.4. To me it looks like the game is recording laptimes of other tracks randomly by the way. For example the time it shows for Zandvoort seems to be a random laptime of Brands Hatch and I had some other examples too. Wish they would address these issues.

I've picked the Lambo in the RDGTC league yesterday and it looks amazing but seriously that Lambo has lift off oversteer even on 60km/h corners. That can't be right for a super car.

Also got plenty of FPS left (100 plus) but the screen felt a bit stuttery / jaggy at times. Heard more people on discord complaining. Might need some further investigating.

Kartkraft with the same engine looks stunning and without shadow or clouds pop and is perfectly smooth. Kunos needs better devs i guess..
That's said i love ACC, awesome ffb/physics and gorgeous sounds but those technical issues can kill the immersion sometimes, in a corner getting a big cloud just poping with a little stutter is a problem.

Kartkraft with the same engine looks stunning and without shadow or clouds pop and is perfectly smooth. Kunos needs better devs i guess..
That's said i love ACC, awesome ffb/physics and gorgeous sounds but those technical issues can kill the immersion sometimes, in a corner getting a big cloud just poping with a little stutter is a problem.
Does Kartkraft have dynamic weather? I thought they just have cloud cover and dry conditions all the time (for now).
I do not have the sim, just things I heard (please correct me if I'm wrong here).
I would be carefull comparing different sims albeit using the same basic game engine.
Same with PC2 and AMS2.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing