Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Hotfix Available, Adds RaceDepartment Liveried Car!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione today - including amongst other things the RaceDeparment Barwell Motorsport Lamborghini Huracan GT3!
  • New hotfix update now available.
  • RD liveried Lamborghini now default content.
  • Various fixes and bugs addressed.
New hotfix update time for Assetto Corsa Competizione is here, and as well as the usual fine collection of tweaks and refinements developed by the team over at Kunos Simulazioni, the new build also includes a rather cool new livery for the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 - the RaceDepartment sponsored Barwell Motorsport Esport livery, as designed by RD member @jajafrison for the recent SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship.

RD Lambo.jpg

In terms of updates, the new build brings together a collection of small tweaks and improvements to the title - chief of which is a change to the way dedicated servers are handled within the title. Details of these dedi server changes can be found in the update notes below.

Other changes include weather tweaks and a fix for potential Logitech crashes. Details below.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.5.8 Update Notes:

General:

• Separated Dedicated Server as a standalone item in the Steam/Tools library.
    NOTE: The Dedicated Server and the Broadcast SDK will no longer be part of the main game content but they will be found under the “Assetto Corsa Competizione Dedicated Server” as an item in the Steam Tools library.
Gameplay:
  • Adjusted weather scaling with variable weather – weather patterns normalized to reduce the likelihood of unpredictable and extreme weather when using high weather variability.
    NOTE: the user can now be more generous with cloud level and variability settings, the level of variation will retain its effect on the rate of weather changes but without the byproduct of accumulating into extreme scenarios.
  • Unified and improved Singleplayer and Multiplayer weather model.
  • Optimizations to the weather model to better align Single Player and Multiplayer behavior.
    NOTE: updates to the Server/Multiplayer side will be detailed in the Dedicated Server changelog and the Server Handbook.
Physics:
  • Fixed an issue with wind scaling versus weather variation in Single Player.
Controls:
  • Fixed a potential crash caused by an issue with the Logitech plugin accessing external libraries.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to get the most out of your simulation? No worries, if you have questions ask our epic community! Start up a new thread on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Do not they thinking about shadow pop-up issue when get closer ? It is really annoying. Some say "increase Foliage LOD quality" but it is at epic now and already can see the pop-ups anyway. Or any way to solve this that i dont now ?

The shadow pop issue is known from Unreal Engine 4, have read that on many discussions on other games using it as well. Not sure if any game dev solved it, or UE5 solves it (it probably does). But as far as I know, for UE4-based games, if you're already on max settings, there's nothing you can do.

• Deleted member 197115

Does not help. There is nothing you can do.
Screen or VR? Can't say I am noticing any popping in VR with those changes. There were issues with lower than Epic AA, but on Epic it's all good, better than AC, R3E, and AMS2 to my eyes.

Screen or VR? Can't say I am noticing any popping in VR with those changes. There were issues with lower than Epic AA, but on Epic it's all good, better than AC, R3E, and AMS2 to my eyes.
The trees seem to get shadowed as you get closer and the cascade shadow running along not far in front are the problem. Same for under car shadows . Even with all maxed setting, seems a limitation on current Sim racing engines, AMS2, ACC and rF2 are the main ones to suffer this. All have some form of the cascade.

Same for me, been waiting for multiclass.
I think the word was that it will not happen?
Not sure anymore. But the AI is struggling with e.g. overtaking as is and Stefano is currently working on it.
This is a thing of priorities at least. And I reckon multiclass AI is not very high on such a list for Kunos.
The British GT Pack will hence only be a track pack. No championship single player experience with multiclass.
On that list that could be next to VR optimizations, IMSA license, etc. :whistling::roflmao:

I think the word was that it will not happen?
Not sure anymore. But the AI is struggling with e.g. overtaking as is and Stefano is currently working on it.
This is a thing of priorities at least. And I reckon multiclass AI is not very high on such a list for Kunos.
The British GT Pack will hence only be a track pack. No championship single player experience with multiclass.
On that list that could be next to VR optimizations, IMSA license, etc. :whistling::roflmao:
Someone mentioned it to him in one of his streams and he did say that it may be something he will look into depending on how well the Ai handles the changes that have been made. It wasnt a definite yes, but wasnt dismissed out of hand, so maybe still a chance.

Lets hpe.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 159 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years