Assetto Corsa Competizione: New Helicam Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Helicam 3.jpg

ACC releases tomorrow! Prior to deployment to PC's around the world - check out these new Helicam preview images...

Yup, for V1 we are set to get a nice new bunch of cameras for marvelling at our in game racing exploits... Helicam!

You got it, a camera mounted on a helicopter that circulates the track and captures all the racing action unfolding from your racing adventures. A nice inclusion to the full version of the game and something that will add yet more depth to the reply functionality and broadcast capabilities of ACC, this might not sound like much, but its a very cool inclusion in Assetto Corsa Competizione and something I'm looking forward to seeing more of when I get my hands on the new build tonight.

ACC Helicam 4.jpg
ACC Helicam 1.jpg
ACC Helicam 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione releases to Steam on Wednesday 29th May 2019.

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

NVIDIA just released GeForce 430.86 WHQL drivers for download. This release provides the optimal gaming experience for Quake II RTX and Assetto Corsa Competizione as well as three new G-SYNC compatible monitors and new Oculus Rift S and VIVE HMD support.
Hopefully that driver fixes the failure to launch on GeForce Experience for some of us on Windows10 (1903)
The helicopter cam has potential to be a good tool for looking at racing lines and adjusting to get the proper apex after replay review.

Greate news! Always fancied this perspective to better see the fights for position and optimal racing lines. Although every time I see these screen shots I wanna sell a kidney in the black market and buy myself two of thos RTX 2080 Ti so I can run this at a decent framerate at ultra settings :-(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%