Assetto Corsa Competizione: New Helicam Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Helicam 3.jpg

ACC releases tomorrow! Prior to deployment to PC's around the world - check out these new Helicam preview images...

Yup, for V1 we are set to get a nice new bunch of cameras for marvelling at our in game racing exploits... Helicam!

You got it, a camera mounted on a helicopter that circulates the track and captures all the racing action unfolding from your racing adventures. A nice inclusion to the full version of the game and something that will add yet more depth to the reply functionality and broadcast capabilities of ACC, this might not sound like much, but its a very cool inclusion in Assetto Corsa Competizione and something I'm looking forward to seeing more of when I get my hands on the new build tonight.

ACC Helicam 4.jpg
ACC Helicam 1.jpg
ACC Helicam 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione releases to Steam on Wednesday 29th May 2019.

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I see some have questions about pc specs and such. I've been onboard with Kunos since netKarpro all the way up to today. When AC first came out I struggled a little bit until I learned what to tweak that really made a difference and for the most part I played AC through 2017 on these specs:
Intel i5K series processor, 8 gig of ram, Asus mobo, and I'm embarrassed to say (not really) a GTX 470 video card. A friend sent me a gift of an MSI Nvidia 1050 graphics card and it made AC awesome. I'm still using the same system today with ACC and I do have some stuff set to medium, but most stuff is set to high or ultra. I have AA and AF running at a high rate and I'm able to pull between 60 to 90 fps. My i5 processor has never been overclocked and I don't plan on doing it know based on how my system runs ACC. I can't say whether or not your system will run ACC based off of my info, but I do think that for the most part it's possible for guys like me, with lower spec systems, to run and enjoy it. Hope it helps or at least amuses you to hear about a guy using an Abacus:D

Cheers:)

I see some have questions about pc specs and such. I've been onboard with Kunos since netKarpro all the way up to today. When AC first came out I struggled a little bit until I learned what to tweak that really made a difference and for the most part I played AC through 2017 on these specs:
Intel i5K series processor, 8 gig of ram, Asus mobo, and I'm embarrassed to say (not really) a GTX 470 video card. A friend sent me a gift of an MSI Nvidia 1050 graphics card and it made AC awesome. I'm still using the same system today with ACC and I do have some stuff set to medium, but most stuff is set to high or ultra. I have AA and AF running at a high rate and I'm able to pull between 60 to 90 fps. My i5 processor has never been overclocked and I don't plan on doing it know based on how my system runs ACC. I can't say whether or not your system will run ACC based off of my info, but I do think that for the most part it's possible for guys like me, with lower spec systems, to run and enjoy it. Hope it helps or at least amuses you to hear about a guy using an Abacus:D

Cheers:)

Damn idk what I'm doing wrong, then. I have an i7 7th gen, 16GB of RAM, 480GB SSD and a GTX 1060. With everything set to low and post processing completely disabled all I can get is about 53 FPS during races, starting from the back of the grid. Sure, when I'm alone in the track the games runs smoothly at about 71 FPS...

Damn idk what I'm doing wrong, then. I have an i7 7th gen, 16GB of RAM, 480GB SSD and a GTX 1060. With everything set to low and post processing completely disabled all I can get is about 53 FPS during races, starting from the back of the grid. Sure, when I'm alone in the track the games runs smoothly at about 71 FPS...
One thing I learned was to disable FSXAA through research. Then I learned through trial and error that Anisotropic Filtering set to high levels killllllllled my frames. Looks nice, but the old 470 just laid down with it's tongue hanging out saying enough. I think with the 1050 I'm running it at 8 or 16x? Forgive me for not knowing unless I'm on my pc. I don't spend a lot of time reading about hardware because my brother @Coldblue and friend @raptor1958 keep me up to date on that stuff. Next was Antialiasing. Used to run it at 2 now I think I have it at 4. Next pick what's important to you. For me, track detail in the distance is something I like because it's where I'm going and detail such as braking boards ie signs help me get ready to plan my line especially on a track I'm learning. I like other cars detail to be pretty high, but if I have to choose, I'll turn it down a bit to pick up some free frames. Reflections, smoke, particles etc. are frame killers when they're on your screen. World detail? Well, at 175-300 KMH isn't as important so if I have to, I'll set it to high or medium.

In summary, research, trial and error and persistence will help. If you run more than one screen or VR that's a whole different beast and someone other than me will have to help. I run a single 52 inch screen. If you run a single screen, make sure your hz rates are correct. Some tv's / monitors simply have a hard time keeping up. Here's hoping to success on your end.

I hope within the crowd they have modeled a "Paul" wearing questionable/fashion shirt.

Curious if the developers have re-created the typical British Summer consisting of warm and cold rain. Needs to be in the weather selections :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back