Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Console Update On The Way

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Console players looking to further enjoy their GT3 Assetto Corsa Competizione experience have reason to rejoice today, with news of an upcoming update heading to the title later this week.
  • Console update expected to release this week.
  • Updates for force feedback and wheel support included.
  • Customisation added to the game.

It's been a while in the making, but finally console players of Assetto Corsa Competizione have reason to be cheerful with news earlier today that the popular official GT World Challenge racing simulation is about to receive the update treatment - and with it will come some much needed tweaks and improvements for a wide variety of different wheels compatible within the title.

Of course improvements to both force feedback and wheel support will certainly be the headline grabbing item from the new console build, however it is worth noting that driver and team customisation are set to be enabled as part of this new build, as will various amendments to the audio aspect of the game - full details of which can be read in the change log update notes below.

PS4 and Xbox Update Notes:

GENERAL

• Wheel profiles updated for all brands
  • Force feedback fine-tuned.
  • Max steer lock changes to Logitech G923.
  • Force feedback enabled for some additional Fanatec wheels.
  • Headlights at night have improvements to quality.
  • Memory crash fixed after returning to main menu from a race.
  • Crash fixed when selecting some cars within a race.
  • Memory crash fixed when going into a race.
GAMEPLAY
  • Added driver/team customisation for use with custom created cars.
UI
  • Real-time track overview while in the garage.
  • Text and localisation changes for all languages.
MULTIPLAYER
  • Client: server car groups displayed in server list.
AUDIO
  • Tweaked curbs and astroturf volume in onboard cameras.
  • Better organisation in sample reference structure.
  • Better audio feedback for brake temperature and wear level.
  • General fine-tuning.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to talk with fellow fans of the simulation? Good news, head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and do just that! Join in the discussion today!

CC Console footer.jpg

Last edited:
From what I hear this game is the be all end all for those with top of the line gear. Sadly I don't have any plans in the foreseeable future of dropping $4k + to find out :p

Not so much on my mind end gear, tho still a great GT experience.
Trying to keep a natural feel without jacking up all the road effects the ffb strength is the weakest of all my titles. FFB is just flat, cars are flat and have zero detail through the ffb on keeping it balanced, turning is just a weighted spring that goes light once traction is broke. Never driven a GT car so maybe the RL versions are that boring...maybe it's the default setup?
I tried Kunos suggested ffb from off there form which had me altering settings in my TM profile which became annoying changing Everytime I played other games and the changes in game brought out a tad more effects but made the steering extremely light and gave the cars no sense of weight.

I haven't fired up the game lately but will have to check to see if the mystery PC update had any effects on Thrustmaster profiles....or maybe it will be some VR optimization! Lol
Which TM wheel are you using? I have a T500RS and I think lately I have found some improvement (especially about that "weighted spring" effect) by checking the settings I found in this post: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ffb-rattle-at-speed.50913/page-2#post-1136309

TM menu: overall strength 55, Constant 100, Periodic 100, Spring 0 , Damper 40

In game: Gain 40, Min force 0, Dynamic Damping 25, Road Effects 0

The change I experienced was of course less FFB (only 40) but I think i feel more details on what the front is doing, and i don't have any more that annoying "weighted spring" effect while i turn. I do not know if that applies to you but I think it helped me.

• Deleted member 197115

Hi,
Sorry but I don't understand why ffb on console and pc are not "fine tuned" the same way?
Same wheel, different ffb?
Could be because of the DirectInput API for FFB on PC and who knows what on consoles.

Greetings from a fellow Canuck!

I agree with you.

The notion that one needs a supercomputer to enjoy ACC at a reasonable visual level is perhaps a bit overstated by some. I play this on a PC with 16Gb ram and a 6Gb GTX 1060. If you look at my screenshots I posted in the thread I started for ACC screenshots I don’t think they look quite that bad and I’m getting over 100 FPS.

View attachment 403334View attachment 403335

But 100 FPS at what resolution? shouldn't quote FPS figures without resolution. I can make ACC look amazing on my PC and run at well over 150 FPS...if I use a single 1080p monitor...but I use triple 1080p monitors (PC Specs in my sig). Also, that last screenshot has lots of post processing on it so it's not totally representative of how it looks when playing it...the 1st pic looks more like it and has that grainy look that you need higher quality settings to mask (Great livery BTW!)

Last edited:
Not to further derail the topic but I do want to be courteous and respond...

@BP - ok, fair point. I have a single display at 1920x1080. But that's really a bit like someone buying a 100" flatscreen and complaining that its cost-prohibitive to buy a TV. :geek: I do get the advantages of your setup, (man, do I ever!) but respectfully suggest that one can have a nice experience with something less demanding, so it's a choice, not a requirement. Of course, YMMV, and that's perfectly fine.

Also fair point about some post-processing of the screenshots - however, both were actually processed the same way, not that the top one is less than the bottom. I could post the non-processed shots but really doesn't seem worth it for comparing the contrast and light level adjustments that I made for the final result. When I drive, I think the "world" in game looked quite beautiful.

Glad you like the liveries; very kind of you to say. :)

Not to further derail the topic but I do want to be courteous and respond...

@BP - ok, fair point. I have a single display at 1920x1080. But that's really a bit like someone buying a 100" flatscreen and complaining that its cost-prohibitive to buy a TV. :geek: I do get the advantages of your setup, (man, do I ever!) but respectfully suggest that one can have a nice experience with something less demanding, so it's a choice, not a requirement. Of course, YMMV, and that's perfectly fine.

Also fair point about some post-processing of the screenshots - however, both were actually processed the same way, not that the top one is less than the bottom. I could post the non-processed shots but really doesn't seem worth it for comparing the contrast and light level adjustments that I made for the final result. When I drive, I think the "world" in game looked quite beautiful.

Glad you like the liveries; very kind of you to say. :)

sorry my comment probably came off the wrong way; my intention was never to insult anyone playing on a single monitor, whatever works for each person is fine by me and not my concern.

My concern had more to do with someone being mislead in thinking those high framerates were achievable on a much higher resolution setup at decent quality settings, when no resolution was specified. I have no judgment for whatever anyone uses in their setup.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.5%