Assetto Corsa Competizione | New Console Update On The Way

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Console players looking to further enjoy their GT3 Assetto Corsa Competizione experience have reason to rejoice today, with news of an upcoming update heading to the title later this week.
  • Console update expected to release this week.
  • Updates for force feedback and wheel support included.
  • Customisation added to the game.

It's been a while in the making, but finally console players of Assetto Corsa Competizione have reason to be cheerful with news earlier today that the popular official GT World Challenge racing simulation is about to receive the update treatment - and with it will come some much needed tweaks and improvements for a wide variety of different wheels compatible within the title.

Of course improvements to both force feedback and wheel support will certainly be the headline grabbing item from the new console build, however it is worth noting that driver and team customisation are set to be enabled as part of this new build, as will various amendments to the audio aspect of the game - full details of which can be read in the change log update notes below.

PS4 and Xbox Update Notes:

GENERAL

• Wheel profiles updated for all brands
  • Force feedback fine-tuned.
  • Max steer lock changes to Logitech G923.
  • Force feedback enabled for some additional Fanatec wheels.
  • Headlights at night have improvements to quality.
  • Memory crash fixed after returning to main menu from a race.
  • Crash fixed when selecting some cars within a race.
  • Memory crash fixed when going into a race.
GAMEPLAY
  • Added driver/team customisation for use with custom created cars.
UI
  • Real-time track overview while in the garage.
  • Text and localisation changes for all languages.
MULTIPLAYER
  • Client: server car groups displayed in server list.
AUDIO
  • Tweaked curbs and astroturf volume in onboard cameras.
  • Better organisation in sample reference structure.
  • Better audio feedback for brake temperature and wear level.
  • General fine-tuning.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to talk with fellow fans of the simulation? Good news, head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and do just that! Join in the discussion today!

CC Console footer.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wheel profiles updated for all brands
  • Force feedback fine-tuned.
Although I always look forward to updates and improvements of any kind, but it makes me a little nervous when I see 'Wheel profiles / Force feedback' adjustments being done especially this late in the game and considering, for me personally the FFB is already awesome :cautious::confused:...but I will wait and see before jumping to conclusion :rolleyes::redface:;)
EDIT: Jumped to conclusion, this is PS4 and XBox, not PC...phew :redface::redface::roflmao::roflmao:

• Deleted member 963434

im talkin abous PC version but maybe tey hear, we need soft lock

Well, i play it on pc and my G29 is some kind losing force during races. After a couple of rounds it almost vanish

its hardware fault, as it is common wit belt or gear driven wheels yo fans cant lead off heat from base and it reducing voltage not to burn an yo get less forces in yo wheel. yo need to undust it or gib to rapair if yo have guarantee still

Although I always look forward to updates and improvements of any kind, but it makes me a little nervous when I see 'Wheel profiles / Force feedback' adjustments being done especially this late in the game and considering, for me personally the FFB is already awesome :cautious::confused:...but I will wait and see before jumping to conclusion :rolleyes::redface:;)
EDIT: Jumped to conclusion, this is PS4 and XBox, not PC...phew :redface::redface::roflmao::roflmao:

I have got confused the same way lol.... I thought: -"they are still formulating that "golden standard perfection of steering feel to please as many as possible" :D

For PC they made measures rather quickly, people voicing opinions in forums, comments by various youtubers that makes more than few thousand views and such...

FFB tweaks ? I wish I had knowledge of how purely just FFB is integrated into sims. I mean before anything from real time physics get plugged in. What could there be really ? Not talking about ACC or any sim here, just loud thinking in general. Min force value, overall strength multiplier, and some smoothing stuff ? Maybe something else for deadzones adjustments ? I suppose thats it outside actual car physics of a sim, purely FFB stuff. Or is it ? Every extra unique slider will add up to possibility to skew actual feel and make FFB "richer" and of course worse. Anything more could be integrated into purely FFB mechanics ? Maybe some more sensitivity to induce kind of mythical properly unexplained seat feel but through hands, to really mess up authentic steering forces ?.... Really can speculate forever. Maybe it is good idea to ask devs what purely FFB (before actual car physics stuff gets plugged in) consists off ? But those will probably be all secrets.

Console players looking to further enjoy their GT3 Assetto Corsa Competizione experience have reason to rejoice today, with news of an upcoming update heading to the title later this week.
  • Console update expected to release this week.
  • Updates for force feedback and wheel support included.
  • Customisation added to the game.

It's been a while in the making, but finally console players of Assetto Corsa Competizione have reason to be cheerful with news earlier today that the popular official GT World Challenge racing simulation is about to receive the update treatment - and with it will come some much needed tweaks and improvements for a wide variety of different wheels compatible within the title.

Por supuesto, las mejoras tanto en la retroalimentación de fuerza como en el soporte del volante serán sin duda el elemento principal de la nueva construcción de la consola, sin embargo, vale la pena señalar que la personalización del conductor y el equipo está configurada para habilitarse como parte de esta nueva construcción, al igual que varias enmiendas a el aspecto de audio del juego, cuyos detalles completos se pueden leer en las notas de actualización del registro de cambios a continuación.

Notas de actualización de PS4 y Xbox:

GENERAL

• Perfiles de rueda actualizados para todas las marcas
  • Force Feedback ajustado.
  • El bloqueo de dirección máximo cambia a Logitech G923.
  • Force Feedback habilitado para algunas ruedas Fanatec adicionales.
  • Los faros de noche tienen mejoras de calidad.
  • Se corrigió la falla de memoria después de regresar al menú principal de una carrera.
  • Se corrigió el bloqueo al seleccionar algunos autos dentro de una carrera.
  • Error de memoria solucionado al entrar en una carrera.
COMO SE JUEGA
  • Se agregó personalización de conductor / equipo para usar con autos creados a medida.
UI
  • Vista general de la pista en tiempo real mientras está en el garaje.
  • Cambios de texto y localización para todos los idiomas.
MULTIJUGADOR
  • Cliente: grupos de vehículos del servidor que se muestran en la lista de servidores.
AUDIO
  • Se modificaron los bordillos y el volumen de césped artificial en las cámaras a bordo.
  • Mejor organización en la estructura de referencia de la muestra.
  • Mejor respuesta de audio para la temperatura de los frenos y el nivel de desgaste.
  • Ajuste fino general.

Assetto Corsa Competizione ya está disponible en Xbox One, PS4 y PC.

¿Quieres hablar con otros fanáticos de la simulación? Buenas noticias, dirígete al subforo de Assetto Corsa Competizione aquí en RaceDepartment y haz eso. ¡Únase a la discusión hoy!

View attachment 403081
[/CITAR]
Y con el tema de la fluidez del juego cuando conducís ....cuando piensan solucionarlo ??? porque en la PS4 STANDARD que yo tengo el juego no funciona fluído ... va de terror ..pareciera que va cuadro por cuadro. Hasta en la PS4 PRO..tiene tambien problemas de fluidez.. Alguien sabe algo sobre este tema??? AGUANTE RACEDEPARTMENT!!!!!

im talkin abous PC version but maybe tey hear, we need soft lock

its hardware fault, as it is common wit belt or gear driven wheels yo fans cant lead off heat from base and it reducing voltage not to burn an yo get less forces in yo wheel. yo need to undust it or gib to rapair if yo have guarantee still
This losing ffb happens only at ACC, F1 2019 and AC or other Racing games are not losing ffb

Looking forward too it as it brings the game upto 1.5.4 so sure hoping it feels very similar too the pc version i played last night or gonna give up on it if not as doubt it will ever reach the pc version in playability, much smoother steering in the pc version so Im not expecting the car too spin out at any moment is why I have a death grip on the wheel lol

From what I hear this game is the be all end all for those with top of the line gear. Sadly I don't have any plans in the foreseeable future of dropping $4k + to find out :p

Not so much on my mind end gear, tho still a great GT experience.
Trying to keep a natural feel without jacking up all the road effects the ffb strength is the weakest of all my titles. FFB is just flat, cars are flat and have zero detail through the ffb on keeping it balanced, turning is just a weighted spring that goes light once traction is broke. Never driven a GT car so maybe the RL versions are that boring...maybe it's the default setup?
I tried Kunos suggested ffb from off there form which had me altering settings in my TM profile which became annoying changing Everytime I played other games and the changes in game brought out a tad more effects but made the steering extremely light and gave the cars no sense of weight.

I haven't fired up the game lately but will have to check to see if the mystery PC update had any effects on Thrustmaster profiles....or maybe it will be some VR optimization! Lol

Last edited:
This is something that happens quite often and is rather annoying: you open Steam, there a 300 mb update and no explanation of what it’s all about.

Very much so! Mind you it’s not just for ACC but for many games. I know they don’t want to publish a novel for a 20mb update on a game (cause some updates are that small) but some idea what is different is useful info.

From what I hear this game is the be all end all for those with top of the line gear. Sadly I don't have any plans in the foreseeable future of dropping $4k + to find out :p

My PC cost me around 1,700 canadian $ (a year ago) and I run the game without any problem. I have a GTX 1070 video card, not top of the line but not too shabby. I turn down a few graphic options as a result, but I still get excellent frame rates. So it's possible to enjoy the game without spending $4K. And right now, ACC is by far my favorite sim!! :)

I was referring to without saying... DD wheels, and a good VR setup which are roughly well over $4k combine.
Even with a good high-end VR set-up I've heard many complaining.

I agree you can enjoy this title on a mid range setup like I have, I just feel I have a better experience in other titles with my setup..... clarity in VR and stronger ffb.

Last edited:
How about other, critical updates/patches? Like fix for Xbox's(X) version bad framerate, especially horrible frame stutter in corners? Or overall graphical update for both, PS4 and Xbox? Of course ffb-updates and fixing Xbox version's problem about detecting wheel controllers is a good thing, but there's really fundamental other areas that need fixing asap.

And that person who decide that in console versions there's no need for seat/viewpoint-moving options should be fired straight away, hopefully he/she is already fired.

My PC cost me around 1,700 canadian $ (a year ago) and I run the game without any problem. I have a GTX 1070 video card, not top of the line but not too shabby. I turn down a few graphic options as a result, but I still get excellent frame rates. So it's possible to enjoy the game without spending $4K. And right now, ACC is by far my favorite sim!! :)

Greetings from a fellow Canuck!

I agree with you.

The notion that one needs a supercomputer to enjoy ACC at a reasonable visual level is perhaps a bit overstated by some. I play this on a PC with 16Gb ram and a 6Gb GTX 1060. If you look at my screenshots I posted in the thread I started for ACC screenshots I don’t think they look quite that bad and I’m getting over 100 FPS.

5A95B271-E42E-4BB0-954B-B5C21215A311.jpeg
19F7D939-6F4C-4F87-BBCF-646A3B22E6DD.jpeg

Greetings from a fellow Canuck!

The notion that one needs a supercomputer to enjoy ACC at a reasonable visual level is perhaps a bit overstated by some. I play this on a PC with 16Gb ram and a 6Gb GTX 1060. If you look at my screenshots I in the thread I started for ACC screenshots I don’t think they look quite that bad and I’m getting over 100 FPS.

They look really good, in fact. I like the Canadian sponsors on your cars! The Hudson Bay logo looks great on a race car. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%