Assetto Corsa Competizione | Minor Hotfix Release Notes

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A very small hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione deployed in the last couple of days - if not already downloaded, it should available the next time you restart your Steam client.

Assetto Corsa Competizione
| GT4 DLC Review: Click Here.

The new hotfix is only very minor in size, and has been designed to address some further small details following the recent large V1.5 update deployment of July 15th.

ACC middle.jpg

The team over at Kunos Simulazioni have been rather busy of late, what with the monster 11 car GT4 DLC and major 1.5 update having only dropped earlier this month. With those two big changes to the simulation, and the subsequent couple of reasonable sized hotfix releases that addressed many of the post release issues, the pace is starting to slow down a little as we head into August (well, for v1.5 related matters anyway). That said, further refinements to the current build of the sim are still required, and on Friday 31st July, Kunos dropped another small patch to the title - mopping up some of latest community reported issues.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.5.3 Update Notes

PHYSICS:

• Brakepad lifespan/durability adjustments.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Corrected mandatory pitstop rules for GT4 championship.
TRACKS:
  • Silverstone: shortened collision-disabled area after the pitlane exit.
UI:
  • Fix for broadcast HUD's standings class (Overall/GT3/GT4) title clipping.
  • Fixed brakepad change selector not assigning the correct pads for the rear brakes in the Pitstop MFD.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Xbox One, PS4 and PC now.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC footer.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they look into Thrustmaster wheels ffb.
At first I thought the lack of feel and tire feedback was due to my subjective opinion, than I started reading about more TM users complaining about how it feels like constant understeer when you turn the wheel and using weird steering rotation to make up for it.

Overall I enjoy the game but it's tire detail and feedback strength is the weakest of all my sims.

Constant mushy understeer feel, min. Tire detail and lateral grip feel, certain details like sausage curbs hardly triggers a pulse . No road undulation feel giving the cars a flat feel.
Lack of sense of what the cars doing during slides.
Several have little front end feel, which I can make a better by increasing the caster on those cars.

So far I've only found a few cars that have good ffb out the box with stock setups.
Mclerans, M4, KTM, Lambo and porsche.

Last edited:
There is no vendor specific FFB optimization code in Kunos titles. They all get the same treatment spare default settings like gain, min force, etc., all that you can change in game settings.
On SC2 the FFB is the best out of everything around there.
Too afford a DD wheel....I remember the lucky ones claiming the same in iracing, rf2, PC2 etc. after trying one lol

Even Niels mentioned a few of the same issues in his video and was using a DD wheel.

On the Kunos forms a while back they mentioned they had issues with Thrustmaster wheels and there was even a driver/firmware released for the console version to get it working properly.

If they can't do anything for the wheels atleast add a ffb multiplier per car save option so I am not wasting time in the options adjusting every time I switch vehicles.

Last edited:
Too afford a DD wheel....I remember the lucky ones claiming the same in iracing, rf2, PC2 etc. after trying one lol

Even Niels mentioned a few of the same issues in his video and was using a DD wheel.

On the Kunos forms a while back they mentioned they had issues with Thrustmaster wheels and there was even a driver/firmware released for the console version to get it working properly.

If they can't do anything for the wheels atleast add a ffb multiplier per car save option so I am not wasting time in the options adjusting every time I switch vehicles.
All I was saying is that all wheels get same exact FFB signal, there is nothing in game code for developers "to look into" in regards of TM or any other wheel kind.
Whether you or Neil like it or not is different matter.

M D Gourley

Premium
Trying out the Camaro GT4 at Monza...Audio is awesome :inlove:...although the Photo Mode, or lack off is a bit restrictive for my liking as I was unable to get the right perspective on a lot of shots as well as not getting that Photographic DOF that I can get in other titles due to the 'Keys' assignments not working:( ....maybe i am missing something :O_o::redface:
EDIT: Thanks to '2stains' for information on keys for acquiring the extra features for Photo Mode, which are not accurately stated in ACC 'Help'
Visually though, ACC looks beautiful :inlove:(personal opinion)
0 ACC CAMERO GT4 at MONZA crop copy.jpg
3a ACC CAMERO GT4 at MONZA crop copy.jpg
2 ACC CAMERO GT4 at MONZA crop copy.jpg
3 ACC CAMERO GT4 at MONZA crop copy.jpg
4 ACC CAMERO GT4 at MONZA crop copy.jpg
5 ACC CAMERO GT4 at MONZA crop copy.jpg

Last edited:
Trying out the Camaro GT4 at Monza...Audio is awesome :inlove:...although the Photo Mode, or lack off is a bit restrictive for my liking as I was unable to get the right perspective on a lot of shots as well as not getting that Photographic DOF that I can get in other titles due to the 'Keys' assignments not working:( ....maybe i am missing something :O_o::redface:
Visually though, ACC looks beautiful :inlove:(personal opinion)
View attachment 394797 View attachment 394801 View attachment 394799 View attachment 394800 View attachment 394802 View attachment 394803
Its working here , center click the mouse wheel ;)
20200727222736_1 - Copy.jpg

20200727223153_1.jpg

Thanks for that info, much appreciated :thumbsup::thumbsup:...off to try it out :D
It's get into a replay, F7 for free cam, roll the mouse wheel for faster or slower movement and arrows or wasd for movement. Click the mouse wheel button for options and play around with the menu that pops up ;) there has got to be more options but I don't know what they are.

Last edited:
I can really tell that this team actually cares about what their name is attached to. I wish to God (or whom ever your believe in) that they would pursue an IMSA license.

Great work Kunos!
I wish too but seems unlikely. For a imsa license they also need to include DPi and GTLM to complete the package. Instead we can hope for a British GT license (we already have some of the tracks like brand hatch), or ADAC (the nordschleife, ofc).

M D Gourley

Premium
It's get into a replay, F7 for free cam, roll the mouse wheel for faster or slower movement and arrows or wasd for movement. Click the mouse wheel button for options and play around with the menu that pops up ;) there has got to be more options but I don't know what they are.
Thanks, great info, but found I had to hold the 'right' mouse button down then click the mouse 'centre wheel' to activate 'Cinema Hud' :thumbsup::thumbsup:...personally, not as easy to use as AMS2 or Wreckfest 'Photo Mode' but very good when I got the settings right ;)...although requires more practice :geek:
0a ACC GINETTA copy.jpg
0aa ACC GINETTA crop copy.jpg
0b ACC GINETTA crop copy.jpg
1 ACC GINETTA copy.jpg

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.0%