Assetto Corsa Competizione: McLaren 720S GT3 Coming to the Sim

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Acc McLaren 720S GT3.jpg

In something of an unexpected move, the rather tasty McLaren 720s GT3 will soon be making an appearance in Assetto Corsa Competizione...

Teasing the car on the Assetto Corsa Competizione social channels a coupe of days ago, Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the new car will be heading to the simulation in the near future, with the McLaren 720s GT3 due to be added to the title as part of the ongoing McLaren Shadow eSport competition.

Having not taken part in either the 2018 or 2019 Blancpain GT Series, the confirmation of the latest piece of racing machinery from McLaren is indeed a welcome surprise, and one that Kunos are understandably pleased to be able to announce for their current racing sim.

With the virtual car already at an advanced stage of development, it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against its fellow GT3 rivals once it releases in the very near future.

If you missed the new trailer first time, check it out again below:
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now exclusively for PC.

For all the latest news and discussion regarding the world of ACC, head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum for great Racing Club online action, community chatter and the latest and greatest news for the title.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Hey "Enerjex"

I do not want to reply to troll or toxic comments this is not iRacing forum.
But in good intentions I tell you if you dont know, It was Marco from Konus Konus who told me.
Again I say I love AC and I respect all the work Konus does for us, like all the underlying physics, the new graphics, the rain physics and much more.

I just don't like the trend of developers spending too much time and effort on selling a new car or livery instead of improving and optimizing.

AND I AM SORRY FOR CAPS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE HEARD, I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT DEVELOPERS SHOULD GET WELL PAID FOR THEIR EFFORTS. I am ready to buy ACCC 2021. ACCCC 2023. ACCCCC 2025 more than I am ready to buy some cars every year. This is in my opinion how we improve simulation wourld and stop people from thinking that we are gamer kids. . Cheers!

Zandvoort is due for release at the end of this month, with ICGT DLC also being worked on currently which includes another 4 tracks. Not sure when that will be released yet though.
Exactly, they've had a dev mostly dedicated to VR and triples for at least a year. Some VR warriors just have to drop their 2 cents on every ACC thread regardless of the topic. Good to see Proton is still flaming Kunos at every chance he gets a year after being banned from the Kunos forum.
The 2019 definition of 'Flaming': Stating something that someone disagrees with.
Standard Kunos forum tactic:
1. If someone asks direct questions: Lock the thread.
2. If Kunos developer tells a customer to eff himself and customer has the audacity to give the insult back: Ban them.Now that's real power, isn't it?
Standard RaceDepartment user tactic:
1. If another forum member states something you don't like, disqualify them by brining up the usual ideas:
a. Have they any bans?
b. Make them sound like an idiot, no matter how truthful their statement.
c. Mock them.
Well, you've checked all the boxes Enerflex, but no matter how hard you try, you just can't cover the epic failure that is ACC. Attacking me just won't fix the game. Tsk. Tsk. Any other ideas?

For the record: I've stated many times how I like the game, but that it's just not complete. But that just doesn't work for the fanboy crowd. You're either in love with the game and the developers no matter what, or you're a flamer and hater. Oh well.

Last edited:
Nice try turning another honest opinion into Kunos can do no wrong. Ever.
I like the sim, but many of us are still waiting for it to look like a complete product.
Fact is, the VR sucks: the menu implementation and operation is a joke. And it's not because of my system.
I have an i5 6600K @ 4.6 GHz, a 1080 and 16Gb memory running a Rift S. What do I have to invest to get it to run properly? Everything else that I drive runs smoothly, why not ACC?
And the excuse with no native support for VR in UE4 doesn't wash either: The guys at Kartkraft have done a much better job with the VR implementation in UE4. Kunos, how hard can it be? When are you going to pull your collective fingers out, and make it work?

the menu implementation and operation is a joke.
Literally works perfectly for me.

I'll add the only thing I slightly 'dislike' is I cant see the HUD on my monitor, which means for traversing menus have to be done with the headset on (which works flawlessly for me with the controls on my wheel), but I liked using that time navigating the menus as a 'break' from wearing the headset.

Last edited:
The 2019 definition of 'Flaming': Stating something that someone disagrees with.
Standard Kunos forum tactic:
1. If someone asks direct questions: Lock the thread.
2. If Kunos developer tells a customer to eff himself and customer has the audacity to give the insult back: Ban them.Now that's real power, isn't it?
Standard RaceDepartment user tactic:
1. If another forum member states something you don't like, disqualify them by brining up the usual ideas:
a. Have they any bans?
b. Make them sound like an idiot, no matter how truthful their statement.
c. Mock them.
Well, you've checked all the boxes Enerflex, but no matter how hard you try, you just can't cover the epic failure that is ACC. Attacking me just won't fix the game. Tsk. Tsk. Any other ideas?

For the record: I've stated many times how I like the game, but that it's just not complete. But that just doesn't work for the fanboy crowd. You're either in love with the game and the developers no matter what, or you're a flamer and hater. Oh well.
What are you doing here. Just leave it and go buy a finished racing sim.;)

Literally works perfectly for me.

I'll add the only thing I slightly 'dislike' is I cant see the HUD on my monitor, which means for traversing menus have to be done with the headset on (which works flawlessly for me with the controls on my wheel), but I liked using that time navigating the menus as a 'break' from wearing the headset.
The main problem i have with the menu in VR is that the screen is locked on to the headset: when I move my head left or right, the screen moves with it. Which makes it very hard to use the mouse, or even see what is on the edge of the screen. Why can't they implement it like everyone else? ( rF2, R3E, PC2, Kartkraft, AccuRC, to mention just a few examples ) Why Kunos, just why? How fricken hard can it be?

The main problem i have with the menu in VR is that the screen is locked on to the headset: when I move my head left or right, the screen moves with it. Which makes it very hard to use the mouse, or even see what is on the edge of the screen. Why can't they implement it like everyone else? ( rF2, R3E, PC2, Kartkraft, AccuRC, to mention just a few examples ) Why Kunos, just why? How fricken hard can it be?
Um I don't think mine is like that, there may be an option to turn that off.

*edit*
Try going to Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config/vrSettings.json,
Then switch between "raceMenuLayerType": 1 and 2.

1 is default.

The main problem i have with the menu in VR is that the screen is locked on to the headset: when I move my head left or right, the screen moves with it...

If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not looking at the game ATM), this is a user-controllable option. You should be able to set it so the menu/HUD doesn't move with the user's view.

*edit: ninja'd by gary above

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years