Assetto Corsa Competizione: McLaren 720S GT3 Coming to the Sim

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Acc McLaren 720S GT3.jpg

In something of an unexpected move, the rather tasty McLaren 720s GT3 will soon be making an appearance in Assetto Corsa Competizione...

Teasing the car on the Assetto Corsa Competizione social channels a coupe of days ago, Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the new car will be heading to the simulation in the near future, with the McLaren 720s GT3 due to be added to the title as part of the ongoing McLaren Shadow eSport competition.

Having not taken part in either the 2018 or 2019 Blancpain GT Series, the confirmation of the latest piece of racing machinery from McLaren is indeed a welcome surprise, and one that Kunos are understandably pleased to be able to announce for their current racing sim.

With the virtual car already at an advanced stage of development, it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against its fellow GT3 rivals once it releases in the very near future.

If you missed the new trailer first time, check it out again below:
Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now exclusively for PC.

For all the latest news and discussion regarding the world of ACC, head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum for great Racing Club online action, community chatter and the latest and greatest news for the title.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I met Marco Massarutto from Kunos at the Sim Racing Expo and told him:
That I think AC and ACC are the best value for money.
And that I admire them focusing on real development and not following the silly trend of selling rip off individual cars.

A month later ACC is a random DLC sim,

That seems to be over with real optimizes and updates,
Example, no work will be done to optimize the poor VR performance for low or high end GPU cards.

And that I admire them focusing on real development and not following the silly trend of selling rip off individual cars.

Example, no work will be done to optimize the poor VR performance for low or high end GPU cards.

It sounds like you're into Kunos' work enough to know that there isn't an ounce of truth to your post mate ;)

Just because VR performance isn't good enough on your system doesn't mean they aren't making efforts to fix it. They've addressed this subject publicly many times now. Nice try attempting to turn another thread into a VR social justice hub though :whistling:

It sounds like you're into Kunos' work enough to know that there isn't an ounce of truth to your post mate ;)

Just because VR performance isn't good enough on your system doesn't mean they aren't making efforts to fix it. They've addressed this subject publicly many times now. Nice try attempting to turn another thread into a VR social justice hub though :whistling:
Nice try turning another honest opinion into Kunos can do no wrong. Ever.
I like the sim, but many of us are still waiting for it to look like a complete product.

Kunos said multiple times : they can't do much about Vr performance, Triple screens, Although they had fine tuned VR with alot of patches.
Epic's unreal engine is culprit not knuos.

--------------------
Can't wait to drive 720s.
when i drive it in rF2 with vr , i feel i'm in a spaceship.
Can't imagine that feeling plus ACC's sound... oh boy , can't wait.

Last edited:
if the 720 doesn‘t BOPed to the rest GT3 grid, it will be a typically KUNOS shot: Standalone racing cars for hot lapping. Plz BOP this beauty, at least IMSA like. MC12 GT1 was that annoying issue

"no work will be done"

And you know this how? Oh wait...

"no work will be done"

And you know this how? Oh wait...

Exactly, they've had a dev mostly dedicated to VR and triples for at least a year. Some VR warriors just have to drop their 2 cents on every ACC thread regardless of the topic. Good to see Proton is still flaming Kunos at every chance he gets a year after being banned from the Kunos forum.

if the 720 doesn‘t BOPed to the rest GT3 grid, it will be a typically KUNOS shot: Standalone racing cars for hot lapping.
As the McL 720 is not part of the current Blancpain GT Europe, it would be safe to assume that it will not be available to any races outside of the challenge unless we get e.g. Blancpain GT Asia, where the 720 is racing in the 2019 season or a future Blancpain Europe 2020 season if some teams will field the McLaren.
Happy to be proven differently as I would love to see the 720 in ACC races.

I wish there will be similar competition for more casual sim racers. Let's say for anyone 15-10 second slower than the aliens.
I usually do some of the challenges if I like the car / track / weather combination. I see them as a good change of pace to my usual routine. Needless to say that I am nowhere near the listed positions. But not a concern for me.
What exactly do you have in mind if I may ask?

As the McL 720 is not part of the current Blancpain GT Europe, it would be safe to assume that it will not be available to any races outside of the challenge unless we get e.g. Blancpain GT Asia, where the 720 is racing in the 2019 season or a future Blancpain Europe 2020 season if some teams will field the McLaren.
sk?
.... and that means ... McLaren 720 GT3 hot lap sim value. Not the worst (for a moment like 2:03 at Bathurst)

Hey "Enerjex"

I do not want to reply to troll or toxic comments this is not iRacing forum.
But in good intentions I tell you if you dont know, It was Marco from Konus Konus who told me.
Again I say I love AC and I respect all the work Konus does for us, like all the underlying physics, the new graphics, the rain physics and much more.

I just don't like the trend of developers spending too much time and effort on selling a new car or livery instead of improving and optimizing.

Last edited:
Well, like a suspected since they announced 7 new cars for 2019 season update for the end of this month, but count with me: New Aston, New Lambo, New Audi, New Porsche, New Honda, New McLaren and...any guess?

Pretty sure this was a mistake, its been said since that its 6 new cars - I think you've totted them up nicely.

Personally I'm upset they've decided to include this unexpected and awesome car... because its going to take away all the attention the 2019 Aston would've otherwise gotten as the most 'new' car (yeah the 2019 Porsche is new, but lets be real, 911's have looked the same forever, and the rest are 'Evo' cars). :roflmao:

For real though the 720 is the first modern mclaren that is visually pleasing imo, all the previous ones have been a bit clinical for my liking. Can't wait to try it.

Hey "Enerjex"

I do not want to reply to troll or toxic comments this is not iRacing forum.
But in good intentions I tell you if you dont know, It was Marco from Konus Konus who told me.
Again I say I love AC and I respect all the work Konus does for us, like all the underlying physics, the new graphics, the rain physics and much more.

I just don't like the trend of developers spending too much time and effort on selling a new car or livery instead of improving and optimizing.

Fair enough then, I do hope for the VR users out there that they still make some head way. I think there is a fine line between "Doing what we can but we are relying heavily on the support of 3rd parties" and "We're not doing anything, deal with it" and how someone paraphrases what they say can be very individual.

Not to doubt you, and I hope they are working on it for the VR users out there, but it's quite unlikely that Marco would tell a random person at an expo that they aren't working on it even if it's true. It was likely closer to "Doing what we can but we are relying heavily on the support of 3rd parties" - interpret as your forum agenda sees fit :thumbsup:

Pretty sure this was a mistake, its been said since that its 6 new cars - I think you've totted them up nicely.

Personally I'm upset they've decided to include this unexpected and awesome car... because its going to take away all the attention the 2019 Aston would've otherwise gotten as the most 'new' car (yeah the 2019 Porsche is new, but lets be real, 911's have looked the same forever, and the rest are 'Evo' cars). :roflmao:

For real though the 720 is the first modern mclaren that is visually pleasing imo, all the previous ones have been a bit clinical for my liking. Can't wait to try it.

I'll take the new Aston off your hands if you don't want it :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing