Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We sit down with Kunos Simulazioni Co-Founder, Brand & Product Manager Marco Massarutto to talk Assetto Corsa Competizione past, present and future..

At the recent SRO E-Sport GT Series event in Monza, we took the opportunity to spend some time with Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni and ask him about the Steam Early Access title Assetto Corsa Competizione - the official game of the Blancpain GT Series.

Taking part in a special media event on the Friday prior to commencement of the new SRO E-Sport GT Series, Marco takes the time to give some insight into the development of Assetto Corsa Competizione, talking about how the game is progressing following Kunos move to Unreal Engine 4, what the future holds and plenty more besides.

Enjoy!

For more about the SRO E-Sport GT Series, head over to the official forum and connect with your fellow eSport drivers!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Paul's amazon wishlist:

Tascam DR-10L X2

All jokes aside, I really recommend the DR10L, In my opinion is way better than using a wireless lavalier system.

lol, yeah it got heavy I must admit. At this point, I forgot to switch arms to ease the pressure.. rookie mistake :)

As for the DR-10L X2... nice as that would be, I've only just bought this one! Will be sticking with me for a while longer yet (plus the wife made the RD logos for the mic flag, so it needs more air time before an upgrade can be acquired..!)

Great (sim) news, always like to see this type of coverage.:cool:

Speaking of "console vs Steam" versions, I hope that the PC version is a more pure iteration of the game. *Not to say that the AC console version was "dumbed down", but it felt different to me on the Xbox when I tried it...I always wondered if it was changed a bit in order to work on the weaker hardware. (I'm assuming they will release ACC for console in the future)

Last edited:
Great interview asked all the right questions.
So I gathered...
ACC will be coming to console
It is a simulation not a game
No to triples
If you want VR you must buy a 2080ti
A surprise is looming
Unreal engine is a pain in the arse to work with
It's pronounced Stefaino not Stephaaano

This is what I love about Kunos, they are transparent, honest, and real.

lol, yeah it got heavy I must admit. At this point, I forgot to switch arms to ease the pressure.. rookie mistake :)

As for the DR-10L X2... nice as that would be, I've only just bought this one! Will be sticking with me for a while longer yet (plus the wife made the RD logos for the mic flag, so it needs more air time before an upgrade can be acquired..!)
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. WE had 2 Sennheiser G3 lav mics in the bag but in all honesty I didn't think the interview would last over 30 mins haha.

damn Paul, how was your right arm after this ? :roflmao:

Seriously, RD, you need another mic.

Made me think of this
Andrew Benson said:
Standing behind Senna, holding a dictaphone at full stretch over the driver's shoulder, the reporter's arm began to grow tired and ache.

What to do? Too hemmed in to swap arms, he couldn't remove it, or the interview would be lost. But the discomfort kept growing. Eventually, he made a decision. With trepidation, he rested his arm, as lightly as possible, on the shoulder of the biggest superstar Formula 1 had ever had - arguably ever has had.

Senna was not to know the journalist knew he shouldn't be doing it, felt terrible about it. He could have flinched, or moved, or objected to this invasion of his personal space. A number of current F1 drivers certainly would have.

But he didn't. He ignored it, as if it wasn't happening; stood yogi-still, tolerating the rudeness, apparently oblivious to it, until the questions were done, and then politely thanked everyone and headed off into the McLaren truck.

Marco, you need to channel more Ayrton.

@Paul Jeffrey you need to take more liberties with your interviewees if you're going to make it big time!

It would be nice for the future if they could still stick with the Blancpain series, but also hoping they would do the American Blancpain GT3 series and all the American tracks they race on. I have mods for AC1 that somewhat cover the tracks and cars. Just a suggestion for the future. Good video review. take care

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%