Assetto Corsa Competizione | Laguna Seca Looking Pretty!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The previews continue! Kunos Simulazioni have been at it again today, showing off pre-release images from new Assetto Corsa Competizione content - this time, Laguna Seca!

Known and loved by anyone who spent far too much of their formative years playing the Gran Turismo franchise (myself included), Laguna Seca has been home to many a fine race in its long and illustrious 63 year history; and in the near future it will be arriving in Assetto Corsa Competizione as part of the upcoming Intercontinental GT Challenge DLC.

2.238 miles of circuit that includes the legendary 'Corkscrew' ribbon of tarmac, Laguna is a short, technical and massively rewarding circuit - one that should prove to be a very nice combination alongside the new cars of the Intercontinental GT pack... oh, and it looks great in game too!

Missed the earlier previews? No worries, check them out below:

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Facebook

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date has yet to be confirmed.

Want to ask our community a question about the sim? No worries, head over to the ACC sub forum and start a new thread today!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 4 header.jpg

Last edited:
But.... There aren't any other cars in the 2019 Blancpain intercontinental GT Challenge. They're all already in the game. Hopefully we'll get additional liveries for the Intercontinental series, but that's it.

Why add cars that aren't even in the series?

There were extra cars at every round that would've added more variety:

Bathurst:
MARC II Mustang
KTM X-Bow GT4
Ginetta G55 GT4
BMW M4 GT4
MARC Focus V8

Laguna:
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
Ford Mustang GT4
BMW M4 GT4

Spa:
"Herbie" 991 GT3 Cup Manthey Racing

Suzuka:
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
Lotus Evora GT300 MC
Porsche 997 GT3-R

Kyalami:
Ferrari 458 GT3
Porsche 997 GT3-R

This could've added a potential 3 new (well two old and one current) GT3s, one car that is directly BOPd with GT3s, an entire GT4 class for the game, and some fun oddities in the MARC cars, but looks like that won't happen.

Yay, 2 times this track has provided something meaningful around it's most praised corner in all of history.

Praise!

No seriously, just 2x that corner did anything except being "there"?

I’m curious what would make a corner “meaningful” to you, exactly?

If overtakes make a corner worthy, naturally these are all rubbish as well:
- Monaco nouvelle chicane, the hairpin, Anthony noghes (the entire track actually)
- eau rouge
- Suzuka s-curve
- maggots/becketts
- campsa

Now that I think about it, at least half of all corners in Motorsport are a complete waste of time, really.

Last edited:
There were extra cars at every round that would've added more variety:

Bathurst:
MARC II Mustang
KTM X-Bow GT4
Ginetta G55 GT4
BMW M4 GT4
MARC Focus V8

Laguna:
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
Ford Mustang GT4
BMW M4 GT4

Spa:
"Herbie" 991 GT3 Cup Manthey Racing

Suzuka:
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
Lotus Evora GT300 MC
Porsche 997 GT3-R

Kyalami:
Ferrari 458 GT3
Porsche 997 GT3-R

This could've added a potential 3 new (well two old and one current) GT3s, one car that is directly BOPd with GT3s, an entire GT4 class for the game, and some fun oddities in the MARC cars, but looks like that won't happen.

OK, point taken. However as ACC is really (hopefully) at the beginnings of exploiting it's real potential we can only hope that Kunos' commitment to the title is such that they will eventually add these oddballs and one offs, and judging by the DLC coming out on Tuesday it definitely looks like the commitment is there.

I'm thinking of taking an emergency day off on Tuesday, if only for Suzuka.

Meh, ACC still hasn't won me over because i still think the single player is massively lacking, if i wanna drive these tracks, they're all in sims that better match my forte.

I’m not sure single player was ever meant to be the main attraction here. Multiplayer is really starting to live up to the hype - particularly in the Competition server events - now that the rating system is working and the player base is growing.

I think kunos was/is explicitly targeting the iracing experience, with just enough of an AI-driven single player mode to prepare the driver for it. The GT3 series is perfectly suited to that end, so it makes sense.

I’d strongly suggest getting your safety rating to 60 and joining a couple CP events before you give up on the title. Incredibly clean and satisfying racing. Pretty easy to hit 60 SA versus AI alone if you avoid contact like the plague; at least it was a few months ago.

Last edited:
V. 1.3 and DLC are available to download

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 27.9%