Assetto Corsa Competizione | Laguna Seca and Bathurst Preview Images

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massaruto has revealed some early preview images from the upcoming Laguna Seca and Bathurst circuits coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Of course, any sim racer that hasn't been hiding under a rock these past few weeks will be well aware that the first post release DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione is in the works - adding the 2019 Intercontinental GT Challenge cars and circuits to the simulation.

Despite the pack still being a little way from release on the PC title, we've already seen some very nice preview images of Kyalami on the official Assetto Corsa Competizione social media channels, and now Marco has taken to his own Facebook account to give us a sneaky glimpse of how development is going with two very iconic circuits - Mt. Panorama in Australia, and the legendary Californian Laguna Seca venue.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt. Panorama Preview.jpg

At the time of writing we don't know exactly when the new DLC will be made available in Assetto Corsa Competizione, although Marco did suggest the cars and tracks will be "coming (pretty) soon" - keep your eyes on RaceDepartment for more release news and previews as and when they become available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

Got a question about the sim? Post a thread on the RaceDepartment ACC sub forum and let the community be your guide!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca Preview.jpg

I just checked everything I could find Kunos themselves said about the DLC and they only ever talked about the four tracks. Maybe the "cars" / "skins" got in on forums because we all wanted them to be in? Anyway, I'll prepare both me and my wallet for four great tracks, three of which I have played a lot in iRacing but one really nice and new one. No cars, no skins either.

There are ICGT skins coming with the DLC.

AI is probably one of the worst and there's only a few lobby options during peak hours. Game just needs to entirely remake career mode, drastically improve AI and implement matchmaking.

I don't really see a difference between the AI in ACC and in any other sim. I play at 95% skill and 100% aggression and it gives a me a very good race indeed. As for the career mode, it's not great - but when compared to RF2 or Raceroom, it's OK ;-)

Accept ACC for what it really is - a best of breed GT3 sim, particularly good for single races against AI, league racing and pretty decent for pick-up racing too.

I can see it now, within hours of this DLC releasing Bathurst 12hr events will be run everywhere, and imo 12hrs of Bathurst in a GT3 is equivalent to any 24hr race, 1 mistake across the mountain and your in a world of pain. But "no risk no reward" I guess.
I'm looking forward to launching of Skyline into the dipper then burying my right foot to the floor as I leave the apex at Forrest Elbow picking up 6th gear half way down Conrod and lining up the kink arriving at 290kmh, then jumping hard on the brakes at the 150mark sweeping through the Chase in 3rd, then crossing the start/finish line to do it all again.
Thats better than sex imo :whistling:;):D

I had some racing in AC at Bathurst (the "borrowed from FM7" version which is supposedly laser scanned) using the RSS GT1 mod cars and it was pretty epic. With the walls so close on the hill it feels like going through a maze at warp speed. Lots of crashes though, definitely not a track for casual racing on public servers. It is a track that requires some practice just to make it through a lap.

Actually, that does pose an interesting question. Bathurst is amazing, but in an online race what happens if you smash up your car sideways in the middle of a turn. Can you just hit "escape" and teleport back to the pits or are you stuck in the middle of the road?

Actually, that does pose an interesting question. Bathurst is amazing, but in an online race what happens if you smash up your car sideways in the middle of a turn. Can you just hit "escape" and teleport back to the pits or are you stuck in the middle of the road?
Yes you can use escape and teleport to the pits. Just stop your car completely before hitting esc button.

Shut up, and take my money - NOW

Well apart from Bathurst - a few straight lines and a wiggly bit does not make a track - I know, I know, I'm gonna get crap for that ;)

I know what you're saying in relation to Bathurst. I found it a damn frustrating circuit for many years simply because i couldn't string a good lap together. But once you do, i doubt any other place comes close in the exhilaration department. :cool:

Last edited:
I know what you're saying in relation to Bathurst. I found it a damn frustrating circuit for many years simply because i couldn't string a good lap together. But once you do, i doubt any other place comes close in the exhilaration department. :cool:
Agree. Mount Panorama is definitely a tough nut to crack. Look at this.. slalom here, it feels more like skiing than driving! Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left! In that part you need to constantly anticipate the next corner, look ahead like when skiing. The moment you figure it out it becomes super fun.
Not to mention the quick part before that, stay too tight or too wide at corner 10 or get the braking wrong and you're done for the day.
1575789259178.png

Same with Macau (I have the mod track in AC), that track is hell, it strains your nerves.. but when suddenly the corners start to click it becomes unbelievably fun. I wish they added Macau to ACC too.. but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Last edited:

Bang on - I don't know how many variations of Bathurst in how many different driving games I've driven, but I've never found a rhythm to it. It's one of those tracks I grind through only when I have to.

I would like you to reevaluate your 'AI is pretty decent' line, as I consider this entirely incorrect. Try putting the AI in race and watching them, you will see barely any overtakes (postions remain the same) because the logic is flawed.
Perhaps you should play the most recent version before asking those who (I suspect) have to re-evaluate their views and state that they are incorrect.
I have been testing extensively, on all sorts of tracks, and I cannot replicate this at all - even with 90% aggresion or higher. In fact, if the leader does a mandtory pit stop and comes across traffic, he cannot overtake them - despite being seconds faster.

You only experience the odd overtake on a particular section of a track...
Again, try playing the most up to date version.
They did improve upon the AI.
To be honest, I haven't bothered playing it for some time. I picked it up during early access for like £20-25 and just knew it needed a year or two to mature. I know it is a lot better, but the offline side still needs a lot of attention.

I suspect nothing will change now.
And here is the issue.
How long is 'some time'?

Most games/sims are not at their best upon release, but as time goes by they get updated and improved upon.
If you are basing your views upon the release of the game (or worse still, pre-release) then they are no longer valid as it has come a long way since then.

Give it another try, you may just like it now.

Perhaps you should play the most recent version before asking those who (I suspect) have to re-evaluate their views and state that they are incorrect.

Again, try playing the most up to date version.
They did improve upon the AI.

And here is the issue.
How long is 'some time'?

Most games/sims are not at their best upon release, but as time goes by they get updated and improved upon.
If you are basing your views upon the release of the game (or worse still, pre-release) then they are no longer valid as it has come a long way since then.

Give it another try, you may just like it now.
The AI is still complete ****.

The AI is still complete ****.

AI is improved right way imo. My system to decent races with AI: first, check my level and AIs times on specific track. Second set AI level slightly lower (if my lap times are on 90 level AI, I set 88 - 89) and finally during the race its necessary to respect AIs - braking points, racing line and avoid to potentionally dangerous situations in dangerous corners (bomb diving etc). I had plenty good races with AIs if I apply patient and respect driving (especially in longer races).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 104 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.0%