Assetto Corsa Competizione | Laguna Seca and Bathurst Preview Images

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni's Marco Massaruto has revealed some early preview images from the upcoming Laguna Seca and Bathurst circuits coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Of course, any sim racer that hasn't been hiding under a rock these past few weeks will be well aware that the first post release DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione is in the works - adding the 2019 Intercontinental GT Challenge cars and circuits to the simulation.

Despite the pack still being a little way from release on the PC title, we've already seen some very nice preview images of Kyalami on the official Assetto Corsa Competizione social media channels, and now Marco has taken to his own Facebook account to give us a sneaky glimpse of how development is going with two very iconic circuits - Mt. Panorama in Australia, and the legendary Californian Laguna Seca venue.

Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt. Panorama Preview.jpg

At the time of writing we don't know exactly when the new DLC will be made available in Assetto Corsa Competizione, although Marco did suggest the cars and tracks will be "coming (pretty) soon" - keep your eyes on RaceDepartment for more release news and previews as and when they become available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

Got a question about the sim? Post a thread on the RaceDepartment ACC sub forum and let the community be your guide!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca Preview.jpg

ACC is the best sim just now imo. Physics and graphics are top notch, servers are relatively populated and AI is pretty decent. Devs permanently works on patches and if they incorporate better mp ranking system (balanced grid), ACC wil be perfect.

I would like you to reevaluate your 'AI is pretty decent' line, as I consider this entirely incorrect. Try putting the AI in race and watching them, you will see barely any overtakes (postions remain the same) because the logic is flawed.

I would like you to reevaluate your 'AI is pretty decent' line, as I consider this entirely incorrect. Try putting the AI in race and watching them, you will see barely any overtakes (postions remain the same) because the logic is flawed.

I beg to differ. Run a 20 minute race and then watch the automatically generated "highlights". You'll see plenty of AI action and overtakes. Possibly more than in a real Blancpain sprint race.

Of course the aggressiveness setting may affect the AI's behaviour in this regard - I typically run 90% AI aggressiveness.

I beg to differ. Run a 20 minute race and then watch the automatically generated "highlights". You'll see plenty of AI action and overtakes. Possibly more than in a real Blancpain sprint race.

Of course the aggressiveness setting may affect the AI's behaviour in this regard - I typically run 90% AI aggressiveness.

I have been testing extensively, on all sorts of tracks, and I cannot replicate this at all - even with 90% aggresion or higher. In fact, if the leader does a mandtory pit stop and comes across traffic, he cannot overtake them - despite being seconds faster.

You only experience the odd overtake on a particular section of a track...

ACC is the best sim just now imo. Physics and graphics are top notch, servers are relatively populated and AI is pretty decent. Devs permanently works on patches and if they incorporate better mp ranking system (balanced grid), ACC wil be perfect.
AI is probably one of the worst and there's only a few lobby options during peak hours. Game just needs to entirely remake career mode, drastically improve AI and implement matchmaking.

is it still crap singleplayer? the career had no purpose and just generic hotlapping was meant to be testing, the results didn't work half the time in races anyway

as for MP that was atrocious and i'd be surprised if it's any better now

To be honest, I haven't bothered playing it for some time. I picked it up during early access for like £20-25 and just knew it needed a year or two to mature. I know it is a lot better, but the offline side still needs a lot of attention.

I suspect nothing will change now.

I just checked everything I could find Kunos themselves said about the DLC and they only ever talked about the four tracks. Maybe the "cars" / "skins" got in on forums because we all wanted them to be in? Anyway, I'll prepare both me and my wallet for four great tracks, three of which I have played a lot in iRacing but one really nice and new one. No cars, no skins either.

I did a flying lap around Bathurst a few years ago at breakneck speed in a high powered 3 cylinder Daihatsu.
Ok.....it was at the speed limits and all I had was 50 hp :p:p
"flying lap"!!
Hahaha good one.:thumbsup:
I just started the video without reading your comment - and thought whatwhat why is he posting a slomo video.
I guess you used a calendar for the laptiming?:x3:

Sorry couldnt help it:sneaky:

Every track is a few straight lines and wiggly bits with that logic.
Yeah kind of. Bathurst is more than just wiggly bits, loooong stretch of varied and challenging corners (something like 16+), half of the track pretty much. With railings often close, no room for error.

And the final turns aren't that easy either, maybe with GT3 when you can probably go flat out in Conrod straight / The Chase but that right hander is pretty challenging in some cars, when you can't go flat out, but close to it

There's quite few tracks that are IMO "overhyped" but Bathurst isn't one

I know what tracks will be available, but does anyone know what cars will be included in this DLC?

Kunos seems to want to simulate accurately the GT championship, so I expect new liveries along with the tracks. I don't think there are new cars models, however, but I have not bothered to check on the official Intercontinental challenge website to see if it features different car models compared to the Blancpain European championship.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%