Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have revealed the very first images of the upcoming Intercontinental GT Challenge pack for ACC - Kyalami!

Kunos recently revealed their Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation will be expanding upon the Blancpain GT Series already featured in the title, confirming to the world that the epic Intercontinental GT Series will be added to the title in the near future - and with it new liveries and some incredible new laserscanned circuits.

One of those tracks, currently hosting a 9 Hour endurance epic this weekend, is the South African venue of Kyalami.

Famous for hosting a number of Formula One Grand Prix, the last of which was the 1993 South African Grand Prix won by Williams Renault driver Alain Prost, Kyalami has gone through a number of face lifts and alterations over the years - and soon we will get to try the 2019 variation of this woefully under appreciated track!

Joining up with fellow big name circuits Suzuka, Mt. Panorama and Laguna Seca, the Intercontinental GT Challenge pack looks set to be a nice addition to ACC - we just don't quite know when it will be released yet.

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Kyalami Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione - Kyalami Preview 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available exclusively on PC.

Online race? Setup advice? Latest news? All available on the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RD! Head over, have a read or start a thread and let the fun begin!

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Kyalami Preview 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Kyalami Preview 2.jpg

It was on a survey sent to all WEC teams about the 2021 schedule so it's definitely a possibility. There were 28 cars at Kyalami 9hrs so they can't be that many pitboxes short of what they need for WEC
Just because it was on a survey sent to teams, doesnt mean the circuit is appropriate for the high speed, multi-class racing. Its barely wide enough to overtake at some points.

I think the wet quali session is enough evidence of the fact that this track isnt suitable for WEC. Im all for the category visiting different tracks, however Kyalami isnt suitable

just a pity it's Suzuka and not Fuji which was picked for Asian venue, I like Fuji way more for endurance racing. Fuji do WEC, though, don't they?

Personally, I much prefer Suzuka, a highly challenging track that has some of the most exciting turns in racing. I don't like Fuji, a track that features the usual flaws of Tilke's designs: a long boring straight and a bunch of tight, pointless turns.

Last edited:
Personally, I much prefer Suzuka, a highly challenging track that has some of the most exciting turns in racing. I don't like Fuji, a track that features the usual flaws of Tilke's designs: a long boring straight and a bunch of tight, pointless turns.
I do agree with the Suzuka part, but as an avid iRacer, I get my Suzuka fill every couple of weeks, whereas I've never played Fuji since the original rFactor, where there was a great mod for it, must be 12 years gone by.

Just because it was on a survey sent to teams, doesnt mean the circuit is appropriate for the high speed, multi-class racing. Its barely wide enough to overtake at some points.

I think the wet quali session is enough evidence of the fact that this track isnt suitable for WEC. Im all for the category visiting different tracks, however Kyalami isnt suitable
Kyalami is an old school track, something sadly lacking in todays sanitized and Tilkered world. I raced on this track back in the day and it is both challenging and fun to drive in equal measure. Most drivers welcome the challenge these type of circuits provide. I don't recall Macau or Pau ever suffering from a lack of entries and nobody can say these tracks are suitable for the type of racing they are used for. Circuits like COTA, Silverstone or Paul Ricard are all well and good but you need some old school in there for balance. The Bathurst 1000 GT3 event is regularly over subscribed. Laguna Sega has over the years provided some of the best sports car racing ever. Your description of Kyalami perfectly fits Monaco and I wouldn't like to be in the shoes of any person who tried to remove it from the F1 calender

Does ACC have dirt buildup on the windshield like iRacing? I never driven iRacing but i really like the dirt buildup. Should be easy to implement. Dark texture that over time adds reveal random specks.

BTW very nice looking track. Thought the third was real, lol.

Another track that they have destroyed... last time I tried this new layout was on race 07 with a mod of Kyalami. 10 years a go The new track layout comes never close to the old one ( gpl, ams) to much corners for me... that stop the flow. Sad the broke the old layout. (Down hill first sector) that was real nice! But I understand Acc lives in this time motorsport.
Maybe on a high downforce car it feels good, I dont know tonight I try the new AC version here on racedepartment. In a gt3 I have no fun.

Last edited:
Will we also get the heavily deteriorating kerbs from the original track? :roflmao:

Looking forward to Kyalami, the first track in ages I have not known from other sims.
Will be interesting to explore. Judging from the broadcast of the real race and the comments from drivers, I think this will be a perfect addition to the fold.

Good job Kunos in securing the SRO deal and making the DLC happen!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%