Assetto Corsa Competizione | Intercontinental GT Pack set to release February 4th

Ricoow

Premium
Teasing is nearly over! In just a few days the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will release and bring us 4 amazing circuits from all over the world.

Kunos Simulazioni has been teasing us over and over again with all screenshots from the 4 tracks they are bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione. Teasing us with Kyalami, Bathurst, twice with Suzuka and twice with Laguna Seca, they have now finally announced the release date of Februari 4th. Just a few more days to wait...

If you really can't wait to see the new tracks, Kunos have added to the art of teasing for you. They released an onboard with Aristotelis Vasilakos, their very own head of Car physics, around the track of Bathurst! You certainly don't want to miss that as he gives some great tips on how to do Bathurst in the GT3 cars.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date is set for February 4th, a price is yet unknown.

Want to race the new tracks with our community? Take a look at the ACC Race Club forums!

ACC Suzuka Preview 2.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 4.jpg

No, it's not. What if all of the people who said they used VR in your poll were the only ones using it, out of the many, many thousands of sim racers out there? In a small, uncontrolled poll you have no way of knowing.
You could say that for any poll though.
There has to be a point where you think that its a reasonable amount of people.
If only 10% of users reply, then that will give a true representation of what 10% of people use.
Ok, the more that reply the more accurate it will be, but if 1,000 people replied they may all still be VR users.
The poll was not aimed at purely VR users, it was aimed at 'what people use', so open to anyone and everyone. Its up to them if they reply or not.

If only 10% of users reply, then that will give a true representation of what 10% of people use.

Ok, the more that reply the more accurate it will be, but if 1,000 people replied they may all still be VR users.

I agree, but at least with the larger number it's more likely to be representative. With the very small sample size that you had in your poll, it's almost impossible to say whether or not it's a true reflection of VR usage within the community.

A similar sort of thing is going on in the flight sim community at the moment. Microsoft are developing a new flight sim and were barraged with complaints from VR users when they said that it may not support VR on release. From the ferocity of the campaign to try to get them to change their minds, you would have been forgiven for thinking that most flight simmers used VR. However, the results of an independent flight sim community survey released this week, which had almost 18,000 respondents (an excellent sample size) showed that only 12% of respondents used VR with their sim. Incidentally, that was only 1% more than the previous year. I would guess that that figure is probably not too far removed from the number of VR users in the racing sim community - I'd certainly be surprised if it was as much as 20%. Unlike the flight sim community, we've just no way of knowing accurately.

OK update: apparently 1.3.0 was crashing a lot even after restarting the computer, it would happen at various times (track loading, while in menus, driving on track). Now today it won't load at all on 1.3.1! Patiently waiting on a response on the AC forum but it's sleepytime in Italy so I guess tomorrow. Anyone else locked out of the game due to crashes?

1580955438825.png

@BP Sorry, I cannot offer you any help I am afraid. I had this behaviour even with v.1.2.3 recently. Not sure what caused this and how it cured itself, but after a computer restart the problem was gone. I installed Discord just before the issues, but not sure it is connected to this.
Haven't had crashes with 1.3.0 or 1.3.1 again so far.

I read however that v.1.3.0 was dropped because of crashing issues while loading/saving e.g. setups. Maybe the new hotfix didn't cure it completely?

OK update: apparently 1.3.0 was crashing a lot even after restarting the computer, it would happen at various times (track loading, while in menus, driving on track). Now today it won't load at all on 1.3.1! Patiently waiting on a response on the AC forum but it's sleepytime in Italy so I guess tomorrow. Anyone else locked out of the game due to crashes?

View attachment 347867

Is your gpu overclocked by chance? Not the same error but mine was crashing. Stock clock fixed it.

Is your gpu overclocked by chance? Not the same error but mine was crashing. Stock clock fixed it.

So far it seems like it's an ACC file being corrupted issue (possibly caused by my antivirus). GPU is overclocked but it's stable and not an aggressive overclock, plus it was crashing before anything loads, so not GPU related it seems.

I agree, but at least with the larger number it's more likely to be representative. With the very small sample size that you had in your poll, it's almost impossible to say whether or not it's a true reflection of VR usage within the community.

A similar sort of thing is going on in the flight sim community at the moment. Microsoft are developing a new flight sim and were barraged with complaints from VR users when they said that it may not support VR on release. From the ferocity of the campaign to try to get them to change their minds, you would have been forgiven for thinking that most flight simmers used VR. However, the results of an independent flight sim community survey released this week, which had almost 18,000 respondents (an excellent sample size) showed that only 12% of respondents used VR with their sim. Incidentally, that was only 1% more than the previous year. I would guess that that figure is probably not too far removed from the number of VR users in the racing sim community - I'd certainly be surprised if it was as much as 20%. Unlike the flight sim community, we've just no way of knowing accurately.
Yes I agree the more the better (more accurate it will be).
I too am looking forward to FS2020 and will buy whether VR or not (would prefer VR though).
Another thing about my poll is that you could have 2 choices. For instance I use VR (for most sim racing games), but also have an ultrawide for those that don't support it (like Wreckfest).
Something else to think about (looking at the poll you mentioned), if these 18-20% were in the no 'VR no buy' camp and the game was about £50 then that is a LOT of money lost and FAR more (possibly) than it would cost to implement it.
If they sold 1 million copies world wide (reasonable figure seeing as though FSX sold 1m by 2008 and FS2020 will be bigger) and 20% of potential customers didn't buy due to no VR then that is about £10,000,000 in lost sales.
I'm fact even if its only 1% then that is still £200,000. So well worth implementing it.

I too am looking forward to FS2020 and will buy whether VR or not (would prefer VR though).
Another thing about my poll is that you could have 2 choices. For instance I use VR (for most sim racing games), but also have an ultrawide for those that don't support it (like Wreckfest).
Something else to think about (looking at the poll you mentioned), if these 18-20% were in the no 'VR no buy' camp and the game was about £50 then that is a LOT of money lost and FAR more (possibly) than it would cost to implement it.
If they sold 1 million copies world wide (reasonable figure seeing as though FSX sold 1m by 2008 and FS2020 will be bigger) and 20% of potential customers didn't buy due to no VR then that is about £10,000,000 in lost sales.
I'm fact even if its only 1% then that is still £200,000. So well worth implementing it.
You'd be surprised how quickly software projects burn through £200.000...

£200,000 = 3 software developers for 1 year

A good VR implementation certainly takes more man-hours than that.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back