Assetto Corsa Competizione | Intercontinental GT Pack set to release February 4th

Ricoow

Premium
Teasing is nearly over! In just a few days the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will release and bring us 4 amazing circuits from all over the world.

Kunos Simulazioni has been teasing us over and over again with all screenshots from the 4 tracks they are bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione. Teasing us with Kyalami, Bathurst, twice with Suzuka and twice with Laguna Seca, they have now finally announced the release date of Februari 4th. Just a few more days to wait...

If you really can't wait to see the new tracks, Kunos have added to the art of teasing for you. They released an onboard with Aristotelis Vasilakos, their very own head of Car physics, around the track of Bathurst! You certainly don't want to miss that as he gives some great tips on how to do Bathurst in the GT3 cars.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date is set for February 4th, a price is yet unknown.

Want to race the new tracks with our community? Take a look at the ACC Race Club forums!

ACC Suzuka Preview 2.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 4.jpg

While I love the DLC and Kunos for their work, I am absolutely embarrassed to see these 'I'll buy it at any price' comments - do you guys have even the slightest idea about how market economy, supply and demand works!?

Maybe you are very well off, but statements like these are precisely what make demand elasticity more and more rigid, naturally pushing a - make no mistake - market-driven business to push prices higher and higher, looking for that elusive reservation price of its customers.

So maybe you are well off, and you think you don't care about what price you pay, but a) not everyone is like you, and b) if you continue making statements like this, the supply is eventually going to hit (and possibly race past) your own reservation price too. (Because everyone has one, even if you're not consciously aware of it - say, it's $100, $200, your monthly clothing bill, or $500...)

Sorry for the rant, but please... be more responsible.

I doubt the folks at Kunos read these comments and think: "Ha ha ha! If that's so, we'll ask 200$ for the next DLC... Suckers!!" They are aware that overcharging for DLC will kill the game. Personally, the reason I didn't buy rFactor 2 during the last Christmas Steam sale was the price of the DLCs. I wanted to get the Formula E pack and a couple of tracks like Le Mans or Sebring, but I find them too expensive. It's also why I don't subscribe to iRacing. The Raceroom tracks and cars are quite affordable, I think. And so were the Assetto Corsa DLCs.

Lol are people going insane? 40 euros for 4 tracks? Lol.

I don't know why all the mystery behind the dlc price, either it will be free or they are avoiding backlash of a high price. If it's the later, I hope they don't screw regional prices in latin america...
It won´t be free, otherwise it would be called an update, instead of a DLC.
In software, all DLCs are paid content.

Either way, They need to factor in the cost of development against projected sales numbers at different price points to determine their price. They can't knowingly go to market with a price model (be it to high or too low) that will fail to make a profit.

We say we will pay whatever the cost is purely because we have expectations it will fall into a quite narrow bracket. That's not saying we would pay $200....

While I love the DLC and Kunos for their work, I am absolutely embarrassed to see these 'I'll buy it at any price' comments - do you guys have even the slightest idea about how market economy, supply and demand works!?

Maybe you are very well off, but statements like these are precisely what make demand elasticity more and more rigid, naturally pushing a - make no mistake - market-driven business to push prices higher and higher, looking for that elusive reservation price of its customers.

So maybe you are well off, and you think you don't care about what price you pay, but a) not everyone is like you, and b) if you continue making statements like this, the supply is eventually going to hit (and possibly race past) your own reservation price too. (Because everyone has one, even if you're not consciously aware of it - say, it's $100, $200, your monthly clothing bill, or $500...)

On the flipside, I'm eagerly anticipating the DLC as well as I can't wait to finally drive a laser-scanned Bathurst and Suzuka! Kyalami is also interesting for me, especially having the old bits in a laser-scanned format again. (If only the old layout would still exist...) Super-stoked!

(And no, even though 'I'm eagerly anticipating' it, I won't buy at any price...)
err... we are still talking about sim racing right? I think you are taking " I'll buy it at any price" comments way too literal. At the end of the day i don't believe your theory works here. Sim racing is already so niche that the developers cant out-price themselves. It will always have to be reasonable to an extent because they will risk losing the few customers they have now. Unless you are Iracing. then you can charge whatever you want.

On the flipside, I'm eagerly anticipating the DLC as well as I can't wait to finally drive a laser-scanned Bathurst and Suzuka! Kyalami is also interesting for me, especially having the old bits in a laser-scanned format again. (If only the old layout would still exist...) Super-stoked!

(And no, even though 'I'm eagerly anticipating' it, I won't buy at any price...)
I understand you, now that I work well and earn well my life, I just need more and more DLCs, I wish for you the same.

Better be thisView attachment 347298 or else lol

Fingers crossed for a 2020 pack with Indianapolis later in the year, but the release on Tuesday is 2019 so this Aston won’t be there.

Check the liveries with red numbers on the link below for possibilities of 2019 Bathurst skins:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%