Assetto Corsa Competizione | Intercontinental GT Pack set to release February 4th

Ricoow

Premium
Teasing is nearly over! In just a few days the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will release and bring us 4 amazing circuits from all over the world.

Kunos Simulazioni has been teasing us over and over again with all screenshots from the 4 tracks they are bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione. Teasing us with Kyalami, Bathurst, twice with Suzuka and twice with Laguna Seca, they have now finally announced the release date of Februari 4th. Just a few more days to wait...

If you really can't wait to see the new tracks, Kunos have added to the art of teasing for you. They released an onboard with Aristotelis Vasilakos, their very own head of Car physics, around the track of Bathurst! You certainly don't want to miss that as he gives some great tips on how to do Bathurst in the GT3 cars.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date is set for February 4th, a price is yet unknown.

Want to race the new tracks with our community? Take a look at the ACC Race Club forums!

ACC Suzuka Preview 2.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 4.jpg

After all the excitement. After all the waiting. Steam won't take my money. A 'Billing address too long' error - even when I cut the address to a single letter (leaving it blank leads to the error - 'Please enter a Billing address') Why is this? Why? Why? Nearly there, but it's still...just...out...of...reach!

Turns out that by 'Billing address too long' they mean, 'you didn't enter a telephone number'. Obvious really. Still, all OK now!

Last edited:
Well clearly I picked the right day to stay home! Instant buy...spent about 2 hours hotlapping all the new tracks except Laguna. For some reason the game kept crashing to desktop (4 times during the loading screen and once while driving through the pits), but a PC reboot seemed to fix that so it's was probably just my machine.

Suzuka has been my all-time favourite track and it's great overall in ACC, but for some reason it feels a little flatter in elevation changes than I'm used to (mostly from AMS1 and iRacing)...could just be me though...everything feels right and love the ferris wheel lights at night. I've been having lots of fun with the Kyalami mod track in AC1, and this ACC version defintiely doesn't disappoint, as they both feel very similar. My favourite of the lot so far is Bathurst, feels like the amazing rollercoaster it is the whole way through, plus it looks beautiful as the afternoon sun starts to set behind the trees...not to mention the faint glow of city lights in the distance as you charge down Conrod straight at night...excellent work Kunos!

Last edited:
Haven't had time yet to test anything but a quick browse of the skins and five laps at Kyalami, both brilliant. However, I remembered to check how many AI you can play on the four new tracks:

Laguna 29 :thumbsdown:
Bathurst 35 :whistling:
Kyalami 39 :)
Suzuka 49! :thumbsup:

This will make Suzuka the second go to place for setting up long distance events against AI after / with Spa, where you can also field 49 AI. Nice.

Haven't had time yet to test anything but a quick browse of the skins and five laps at Kyalami, both brilliant. However, I remembered to check how many AI you can play on the four new tracks:

Laguna 29 :thumbsdown:
Bathurst 35 :whistling:
Kyalami 39 :)
Suzuka 49! :thumbsup:

This will make Suzuka the second go to place for setting up long distance events against AI after / with Spa, where you can also field 49 AI. Nice.
Don't forget this option:

MULTIPLAYER:
- All tracks in base content now have 50 slots for private MP.

You just need to invite 49 friends :D

Your poll alone (even if not representative) is one of them. Make a summary of the percentage of all non-VR device users and compare it to the actual percentage of VR users.
Interpretation of statistics....
This might as well serve as proof that VR users are a vocal minority. Your source is a poll on a forum dedicate to a niche hobby, which is frequented mostly by vocal enthousiasts.
40% of the people that replied to this poll use VR, out of a sample size that represents the tiniest fraction of the people that play racing sims.

I just want to say that I don't own a VR headset, but I am vegetarian...
I created this poll and just wanted an idea what 'sim racers' used (yes, the niche market which are sim racers).
I did not want to know what average gamers used or what even average car race gamers used (if I did I would have ran the poll on Steam).
I wanted to know what SIM RACERS used, and thought the best place to ask was (possibly) the worlds largest forum dedicated to sim racers themselves.
This poll was open to ANY sim racer who may use any method to race on and the results speak for themselves.
If you can think of any better way to find out then please run the poll yourself, but as far as I am concerned this is a TRUE representation of what the intended audience replied to and used.

It may be the tiniest fraction, but it is still a poll that a few hundred have responded to. This is the same as most polls, some of which use 100 people.
Ok the more that respond the more accurate it will be, but even just 100 people (if aimed at the correct market) will still be a good idea of who uses what.

Ok the more that respond the more accurate it will be, but even just 100 people (if aimed at the correct market) will still be a good idea of who uses what.

No, it's not. What if all of the people who said they used VR in your poll were the only ones using it, out of the many, many thousands of sim racers out there? In a small, uncontrolled poll you have no way of knowing.

I gave the IGTC a shot yesterday. Left work early and did the steam purchase as soon as I got home. 14,99€....What a steal!

Since I knew Suzuka (kind of), Bathurst and Laguna Seca from RaceRoom I was most curious about Kyalami. Calibrated myself with Suzuka first, though. :D I was baffled how slippery the esses are. There is not much grip in "fast" road condition. But sooo much fun though. Of course I needed to adapt again to get the first double right corners right and the double left before the back straight right again. So much going on with decelerating, shifting, coasting, searching for grip.love it!

Kyalami was a revelation to me. Such a nice track, so technical with elevations, tight and medium corners and generally interesting to explore. I also found that overtaking can be done on more than one spot, so really motivating in races. Used the AI to teach me the basic lines first, then explored while racing the AI.

Bathurst of course is a whole different beast. Man, I forgot how scary it can be on top of the mountain! Coming from the Cutting, up to Reid park to Skyline. What a track! Got caught out numerous times at Skyline and the Dipper though. In the replays I saw I had not enough ABS set and had a locked rear wheel resulting in a spin. And you know, one mistake on the mountain and the car is toast.
Have to practice much, much more.

Laguna Seca was (again) not my cup of tea. I really like the section after the corkscrew until the hairpin though. I got caught out more than once by those orange/red fat bollards in the cutting line of the corner. Not used to these from RaceRoom. Have to adapt to cut corners less. :roflmao:
Overall a good track for races, but also here I have to train more to get more consistent.

As expected, no invitational classes, no Corvette GT3, no GT4s. I hope they bring them to the game at some point, at least the GT4s for the European Championship. But how cool would be a one-class MARC cars race? :cool:
Lots of nicely done liveries!

I am not sure if the new Nvidia drivers made the difference or if v1.3 is processed faster on my setup, but I could increase graphical settings without any noticeable FPS drop. In particular I raise shadows draw distance from high to epic and shadow detail from medium to epic. Tested with 50 cars on SPA and Suzuka with same FPS as with v.1.2.3 and lower settings.
[EDIT] I still use the ini-hack, so maybe not the full effect of shadows at work here. Important thing is, that the cars are not as floaty as before.

Overall I love it! Nicely done, Kunos! For 15 bucks a no-brainer.
Keep them DLCs coming! :geek::D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back