Assetto Corsa Competizione | Intercontinental GT Pack set to release February 4th

Ricoow

Premium
Teasing is nearly over! In just a few days the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC will release and bring us 4 amazing circuits from all over the world.

Kunos Simulazioni has been teasing us over and over again with all screenshots from the 4 tracks they are bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione. Teasing us with Kyalami, Bathurst, twice with Suzuka and twice with Laguna Seca, they have now finally announced the release date of Februari 4th. Just a few more days to wait...

If you really can't wait to see the new tracks, Kunos have added to the art of teasing for you. They released an onboard with Aristotelis Vasilakos, their very own head of Car physics, around the track of Bathurst! You certainly don't want to miss that as he gives some great tips on how to do Bathurst in the GT3 cars.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date is set for February 4th, a price is yet unknown.

Want to race the new tracks with our community? Take a look at the ACC Race Club forums!

ACC Suzuka Preview 2.jpg

ACC Intercontinental GT Series 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione Laguna Seca 4.jpg

Believe me, these GT3s don't compare to GT3s in other sims. Have you tried them after the 1.2 update? You might consider to reinstall ACC even before any potential different car is released.

Also: You can still drive the Porsche Gt3 Cup

Sure, I tried them several times since early access. I just don’t like GT3 cars, that’s all, I’m more a fan of old & new prototypes or historic cars in general. These modern GT cars are a bit lifeless for me.

Day one purchase for me. I don't play ACC a lot but the DLC is very reasonably priced and I like the content they selected. Can also assume it will be prepared to the standard expect for a public release so no worries over a lack of polish to the presentation.

Had a drive at all the new tracks. This is a mightily impressive DLC - coming back down the mountain as the sun rose was a particularly impressive moment. I also loved the night lights on the big wheel at Suzuka!

Huge improvement in VR performance, fantastic track feel and feedback.

A huge improvement in Oculus Rift VR performance for me with V1.3 and the DLC pack. As you'll see in the video, the FPS counter is in the top right hand corner and is steady at 90FPS throughout. Previously I had to use 45FPS with ASW to make the game playable and avoid too many noticeable dips in the framerate when driving. Bathurst and VR are made for each other with the elevation changes and way the track drops away over the mountain, it's awesome stuff.

As for Bathurst itself, first impressions and wow it both looks and feels - in terms of wheel feedback from the track and kerbs - absolutely fabulous. I like games where achieving real-world lap times is possible even for the average but dedicated enthusiast like me. Having picked up a few tips from Aris's latest videos on car setup (a must-watch if you haven't yet) I was able to find a decent and repeatable 2:04.6 lap for me.

Above all, ACC now feels heroic to 'drive' when I put some decent laps together and of course a lot of fun. I wouldn't have believed the cars and driving experience would ever be this good back around v1.07 with the kerb problems etc.

As another hint towards realism, especially in VR, my heart rate monitor recorded 88bpm during similar flat-screen laps, with the Oculus on my heart rate was between 93-99 with the extra feeling of depth and the stomach challenging mountain section. A small factor but something that just moves us closer to a realistic feeling of driving the real cars and tracks imo.

Four more work hours before I can try the DLC... I couldn't believe how cheap it is. I don't know what the prices are in other countries, but just a small comparison here in Brazil:

ACC: Intercontinental GT Pack - R$ 29,00
R3E: Bathurst (or any other top tier track) - R$ 23,00
RF2: Monaco 2019 - R$ 42,00 / Le Mans - R$ 51,00

How good is Kyalami? Not just in the brilliantly good fun/beautifully modelled stakes, but in the pantheon of great tracks in sim racing? It's really something special.

And bloody well done for Kunos Simulazioni for not taking their pricing lead from iracing and applying some kind of proportionality. Kudos on being consumer friendly. And consumers = racers = active sim = fun = more sales = win for everyone :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back