Assetto Corsa Competizione |Imola, New Cars And Update Coming This Month

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione developers Kunos Simulazioni have today released a new trailer for the upcoming 1.6 update - confirming new content and improvements are set to be released this month.
  • Imola 2020 heading to the sim.
  • Ferrari and Mercedes 2020 EVO update cars.
  • New tyre model for 2020 season.

Yes, the preview image prophecy has come true and Kunos Simulazioni have now confirmed Imola will be heading to the simulation this month, alongside the new Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020), a new tyre model, tons of 2020 season liveries and plenty more besides... happy days ahead for ACC fans it seems!

A release date has yet to be confirmed for the new build, outside of a November release date - so stay tuned in the coming days and weeks for more information as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, that reassures me, no stand image, no improvement on this side.

I only remember the AI.

For the rest, I expect one hotfix per month for the events and that's it :confused:

The game is mature and great, but there is still a lot of things to improve, the circuits are lacking life, when the new Gran Turismo will be released, the ACC championship mode will be quickly forgotten, for the rest I will never buy a Playstation or Gran Turismo so I will only talk about the championship point of view.

Awesome stuff.
Personally I would like some stuff to be fixed or changed before any new content. But ok...
Btw, I`m wondering when we`ll get dynamic racing line in any conditions. Now its all static, no matter what. And in many places is off.
And a bit different weather, specially when rain come not-just-in-drops, but as a storm instantly and maybe only on some part of the track. So to be even more dynamic and unpredictable.

Last edited:
This is great news, ready to purchase this DLC.
In any other SIM an other Imola would not be something I would be looking forward to, but in ACC, the insane level of details and the sheer accuracy of the all the tracks, makes it an event in itself. Like one step closer to reality, and for me the added immersion is quite enjoyable.
Adding 2 latest evolution of the Mercedes and the Ferrari is the sherry on the sundae.

Really looking forward to the improved AI, Imola and the new cars. All good stuff.

I'm a bit concerned about the tire model. I like what we have right now, so hopefully it's a minor enhancement and nothing too major. Worried they might do what KartKraft recently did and just ruin a good thing.

Really looking forward to the improved AI, Imola and the new cars. All good stuff.

I'm a bit concerned about the tire model. I like what we have right now, so hopefully it's a minor enhancement and nothing too major. Worried they might do what KartKraft recently did and just ruin a good thing.
Well the current tyre model could still be better. I remember a video from Ermin where he says that when you lose traction in ACC and the TC kicks in, you lose too much time, even if you correct it fast, while in rfactor2 the effect is more natural and organic, so the flow is not as disturbed as in ACC.

Another thing that needs huge improvement are high curbs(sausage). The experience in ACC is as if hitting a damn rock, it's ridiculous. I remember hitting the one at the exit of the second Monza chicane with my front right tyre, and all FOUR wheels lifted above ground, that was hilarious, obviously car went straight since I had no grip(literally).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%