Assetto Corsa Competizione | Imola Is Coming!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni took to social media today to tease a new weekend message... and the eagle eyed will have spotted something rather exciting indeed.... IMOLA!

That's right, the outstanding Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari appears to be heading to Assetto Corsa Competizione, leading many to wonder if this is a first preview of an upcoming 2020 GT World Challenge Europe expansion for the highly popular GT3 racing simulation.

Unfortunately for those of us desperate to find out more about this potential new content addition, we've only had a very early sneak peek single image at present - but I'm sure we will be getting plenty more previews in the weeks and months ahead - so stay tuned.

Anyone here joining me in massive hype for this awesome track coming to ACC?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Imola.jpg

Last edited:
I've been holding my breath for ray tracing for two years.

It would be nice if the studio could say more about it, there is no shame that this feature never comes out, but it still needs to be said.
I don't think Kunos ever announced that there would be ray tracing in ACC. I think it was all Nvidia who made that assertion. I don't think Kunos have said more than don't hold your breath when it comes to ray tracing.

Maybe now that Microsoft is standardising ray tracing they may have another look.

I forgot about 2020 Zandvoort, haven't heared a peep about it. I'd throw Kunos some cash for a 2020 season just to have some new tracks - their options for revenue are somewhat limited given the SRO tie, they have to get cash from somewhere or other unless the SRO are going to fund the entire show. Getting a little disillusioned with the glacial advance of the MP side, I have to say.

The new AMD cards also do hardware raytracing, but IMO it's going to be years before the whole thing is more than a gimmick. I'm far more interested in UE 5, the possibilities for weather & environment are huge, not to mention the massively reduced art pipeline.

Last edited:
I forgot about 2020 Zandvoort, haven't heared a peep about it. I'd throw Kunos some cash for a 2020 season just to have some new tracks - their options for revenue are somewhat limited given the SRO tie, they have to get cash from somewhere or other unless the SRO are going to fund the entire show. ..
Hmm I think Aris said in one of his YouTube stream that they could not do the 2020 Zandvoort due to a number of reasons, Covid included.

Last edited:
I know the company that scanned the Zandvoort track before the changes were made. Like I said, I'm pretty sure they scanned it again after the work on the track was finished. Kunos could just contact Zandvoort to request those scans and some reference pics of the track. Don't know if that's enough to update the model though.

Assetto Corsa Competizione 2020 GT World Challenge Pack DLC Trailer

The 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE PACK DLC adds a new track, two new cars, more than 60 new liveries and the 2020 GT World Challenge season to Assetto Corsa Competizione. The DLC pack features:

• Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari - Imola
• Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020
• Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020)
• 60+ new car liveries
• All 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE Drivers and team entries
• New 2020 Pirelli "DHE" Tyre Model
• New 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE Season BoP

The 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE pack also comes with the version 1.6 game update that brings an improved AI algorithm and physics, in addition to some UI and performance improvements.

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa Competizione 2020 GT World Challenge Pack DLC Trailer

The 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE PACK DLC adds a new track, two new cars, more than 60 new liveries and the 2020 GT World Challenge season to Assetto Corsa Competizione. The DLC pack features:

• Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari - Imola
• Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020
• Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo (2020)
• 60+ new car liveries
• All 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE Drivers and team entries
• New 2020 Pirelli "DHE" Tyre Model
• New 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE Season BoP

The 2020 GT WORLD CHALLENGE pack also comes with the version 1.6 game update that brings an improved AI algorithm and physics, in addition to some UI and performance improvements.
Too bad no Magny-Cours, this game could use all the tracks it can get.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%