Assetto Corsa Competizione | Imola Is Coming!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni took to social media today to tease a new weekend message... and the eagle eyed will have spotted something rather exciting indeed.... IMOLA!

That's right, the outstanding Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari appears to be heading to Assetto Corsa Competizione, leading many to wonder if this is a first preview of an upcoming 2020 GT World Challenge Europe expansion for the highly popular GT3 racing simulation.

Unfortunately for those of us desperate to find out more about this potential new content addition, we've only had a very early sneak peek single image at present - but I'm sure we will be getting plenty more previews in the weeks and months ahead - so stay tuned.

Anyone here joining me in massive hype for this awesome track coming to ACC?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Imola.jpg

Last edited:
funny/sad/frustrating that despite literally just announcing a new thing so many people are seemingly already bored of it and asking about other things instead.
+1

Looking forward to Imola immensely, it's a fantastic circuit and a great addition.

And yes people asking for tracks that aren't raced on in the actual series and have no affiliation with SRO (hello Nordschleife) does my head in.

funny/sad/frustrating that despite literally just announcing a new thing so many people are seemingly already bored of it and asking about other things instead.
THIS!!! I was just about to say something similar, very sad to see this same time after time after t... Nobody never happy! I haven't race on Imola since times of GTR Evo or something like that, and only just was able to see GT4 racing there this year, many years only with random Youtube videos from there. So i take this news with smile. People should appreciate some things much more, and i though that this virus time would get some common sense back to their minds finally, but no, anwer is no no no... Only some random people will understand. World is fked totally...

So the British GT pack is coming does it means we are going to get Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington ? I hope so !
the 'British Pack' DLC has been confirmed for a release this winter on both console and PC. Adding three new circuits that make up the full British GT calendar (Oulton Park, Snetterton and Donington Park according to the 2020 British GT Calendar). Little is known about the release at this stage, so no news on liveries / cars from the British GT Series, but stay tuned for more info as and when it becomes available.. ( Taken straight from RDT )

Last edited:
"
THIS!!! I was just about to say something similar, very sad to see this same time after time after t... Nobody never happy! I haven't race on Imola since times of GTR Evo or something like that, and only just was able to see GT4 racing there this year, many years only with random Youtube videos from there. So i take this news with smile. People should appreciate some things much more, and i though that this virus time would get some common sense back to their minds finally, but no, anwer is no no no... Only some random people will understand. World is fked totally..."

I totally agree with you both!!!!!

Last edited:
Full Imsa Weathertech track pack would be nice...

Not happening ( it's not SRO ) - might get GTWC US one day though, if it survives.

Imola & Magny-Cours are expected as part of GTWCEU 2020 - always did like Imola, never a fan of Magny tho. Pity the 2021 season is back on it's usual venues, although I bet Kunos breathed a sigh of relief :) still, the season hasn't happened yet.

2019 update came well after the end of the season iirc, so this one is probably going to be even later. Will be interesting to see if it's a free update like 2019, or a seperate DLC like ICGT.

Last edited:
Interesting prospect - imo Imola is an iconc track as well as a pleasure to drive. But I wonder about the slight signs of a hype since in AC there is a number of online races far away from being noticeable. Is it about having another item in the box, or really about racing on this specific track?

Cheers

Last edited:
Unlikely it would be free..2019 was always promised as a free update from game launch but they've never suggested it would go beyond that, I may be wrong though. Personally I'd rather pay for good new content and keep the game financially viable for Kunos to continue to develop.
that
as I said, I can wait a looong time to get my hands on a fair replica of the historic covid season of 2020, empty stands and all. i'd gladly pay for it as well. it was a nice gesture when they did some of the 2020 season skins earlier this year free of charge.
i do not own f1 games but as a player i'd be disappointed by what i have heard is codemaster's refusal to try and deliver the season that actually took place.

that
as I said, I can wait a looong time to get my hands on a fair replica of the historic covid season of 2020, empty stands and all. i'd gladly pay for it as well. it was a nice gesture when they did some of the 2020 season skins earlier this year free of charge.
i do not own f1 games but as a player i'd be disappointed by what i have heard is codemaster's refusal to try and deliver the season that actually took place.
They did the skins because of e-sports.

Could this mean a new 2020 version of every track that was already in the game like what happened for the 2019 season? I'm hoping for an updated Zandvoort with 2020 layout. I'm pretty sure it was scanned by the contracter after the changes to the track were done. Kunos could just request the scans from them.

Last edited:
I've been holding my breath for ray tracing for two years.

It would be nice if the studio could say more about it, there is no shame that this feature never comes out, but it still needs to be said.

And I'm going to bother the studio again, when are the animations of the vehicles leaving the stands?

The content is great, the quality is great but don't announce things that will never come out.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%