Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix Update V1.7.6 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today deployed a new hotfix update to Assetto Corsa Competizione, adding a raft of new fixes, updates and improvements to the official GT World Challenge simulation.
  • UI / HUD improvements.
  • Various car setup tweaks.
  • Logitech Trueforce fix.
The work of the good people over at Kunos Simulazioni seemingly never ends, as today the Italian development team have put together a new and rather substantial hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, bringing to the simulation a healthy collection of core gameplay improvements and content specific tweaks to the title.

Although nothing massive in its own right has been introduced with this V1.7.6 update, it is the smaller and more frequent builds such as this one that go a long way towards cementing ACC's position in the current sim racing landscape, one that only seems to be growing in stature with each new update and content release produced by the studio.

ACC Update Middle.jpg

v1.7.6 changelog

PHYSICS:

• Shared memory: added currentTyreSet and strategyTyreSet.
  • Capped tick frequency of automatic setup system to avoid unwanted oscillation at very high tick rates.
  • Corrected occasional inconsistent camber conversion of default 2019 setup presets when loaded on 2020 track versions.
  • Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT3 cars and track categories (all 2020, unless IGT or BrGT):
    • Honda NSX GT3 Evo at EU D
    • McLaren 720S GT3 at EU C and BrGT B
    • Lexus RC F GT3 at BrGT B and IGT E
    • BMW M6 GT3 at BrGT B and D
    • Bentley Continental GT3 at BrGT B
    • Audi R8 GT3 Evo at EU A and EU C
  • Minor balancing tweaks for the following GT4 cars:
    • AMR Vantage GT4 at EU D
    • KTM XBOW GT4 at EU B, C, D2 and D3
    • Ginetta G55 GT4 at BrGT B
    • Alpine A110 GT4 at BrGT B
    • Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R at BrGT B and D
GAMEPLAY:
  • Eliminated rare interference of the Logitech Trueforce implementation with AI controller.
  • Fixed checkered flag marshal at Paul Ricard waving flag prematurely at race finish.
  • Race comm - adjusted strategy alert threshold for being on the wrong tyre compound.
UI:
  • Added more race length options and combinations to custom race weekend mode.
  • Fixed AI slider being mixed up in championship settings.
  • BOP category indicator on garage screen made visible in Single Player sessions.
  • MFD - removed driver autoselect feature in Multiplayer driver swap sessions.
  • Tweaked DirectInput repeat-when-button-held activation timing in UI navigation.
  • Tweaked HUD hiding/showing/cycling behaviour, fixed initial display of available HUD lists not populating.
  • Replay - quickly hide control panel when clicking on empty screen area, do not pop up control panel when using the standings widget.
GRAPHICS:
  • Added British GT windshield banner options for custom cars.
  • Fixed British GT numberplate layout incompatibility with the Mclaren 570S custom liveries.
  • Minor graphical fixes on the Porsche Cup car.

Original Source: ACC Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on console and PC.

Start a thread, ask a question, get a response. Yup, the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to do all of those things and more - so what are you waiting for, get stuck in and start a conversation today!

ACC Update Footer.jpg

Attachments

• ACC Update Header.jpg
    ACC Update Header.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Damn, my simracer chronicles don't let me down!

Code:
The Simracer chronicles:

- If you use a load-cell, you will never go to regular pedals again;

- If you use a direct drive wheel, you will never go to a belt driver wheel again;

- If you see it at 120FPS, you will never again be able to play at 60FPS again;

- The secret practice: "What, are we going to Bathurst tonight? - Oh my, I haven't raced there for months,
ok, Ill join for fun, god help me :)))" - Finishes first on practice, qualy and race, 25seconds ahead of the rest;

- The random car selector: "oh well, I really just want to have fun, it's all about fun, isn't it? Let me pick a random
car here... oh, this one looks so cool! nice! I take this one today!" - Always 'randomly' picks the OP car for the track;

- There is the traditional and well known FOV police, more recently, a new generation of police is getting traction,
the one that gets triggered by the word 'Fanatec', if you say 'Fanatec', the police will pop-out somewhere and tell
you that Fanatec Quick Release flexes.

- The best track in the world, is always the track the games does not contain.

- Most common sim-racers quote: "It should have/be/add ..."

Noice!

I've got some nice possible additions:

- the setup magician "Oh my setup is nothing special/is stock/didn't do anything to it" but magically is four seconds faster than you driving the exact same line, same brake points, etc, on "that public GT3 server"

- the clean racer "All the forty contacts last race were the other guys' fault!" "That divebomb? I just missed my brakes/I held my line" "I only took him out because he tried to take me out"

- the rain & night master "Can we have rain and night mode" *only races in daylight conditions in the dry all the time*

- the car guy "you should really add this car to the server/lobby" *names car that is competing in a complete different class and is not able to compete at all with the other cars*

- the excited prospect *signs up for league/group* "Can't wait to race you guys, I've waited so long to actually race with a league/group." Never turns up, doesn't respond to any message/email.

- the 15 y/o who bought the wrong game *qualifies at the back* *tries to take out as many cars on the first corner, then drives in opposite direction*

Is this a joke?
This thing is constantly getting tweaks from the folks at KS.

For someone who does not enjoy MP, ACC has disappointing. The content has been fairly boring despite the GT4 added some much needed variety. The AI still sucks till today and it’s seemed like they have not much interest to improve it since day 1, even though it had received update recently. The physics too, I don’t enjoy the same car as much here than AC and the way the tire grips on the road at the limit is odd that if I do the same in other games, I would be in the gravel. Hated how bad it looks with UE4 too where even stock AC has better visuals, particularly on how the car materials looks and track atmosphere.

Even with the official license, they can’t even deliver updated content with all the cars and tracks of a season. Sorry to say, Covid is not a valid excuse as other developers still able to deliver more last year.

When Kunos was developing AC, there had been more communications and more importantly, there was a passion from Kunos in making a great game. With ACC, the passion is gone like how sterile the game feel each time I play.

You might love this game but honestly, I did not like it much from day 1 EA.

For someone who drives a tonne of GT3 and GT4 in other games, ACC should have been the top choice for me yeti decided to drive these cars in other games instead.

I guess this game is on life support at this stage. Seemed like there wont be any new content in tracks or cars at this stage. :(

From AC to ACC, I still cant imagine how far they have fallen.
We just got British GT few weeks a go.. What is wrong with people like you? More and more and more now now now!!! They are not aliens and there is corona out there if you didnt know.. Glad we even did get the latest dlc that was promised. And new content aint done just by snapping fingers. The amount of work is huge, and it is damn hard to do things like this now at the moment especially. Give them some slack.. "i still cant imagine how far they have fallen" lol Seems like you have fallen badly..

For someone who does not enjoy MP, ACC has disappointing. The content has been fairly boring despite the GT4 added some much needed variety. The AI still sucks till today and it’s seemed like they have not much interest to improve it since day 1, even though it had received update recently. The physics too, I don’t enjoy the same car as much here than AC and the way the tire grips on the road at the limit is odd that if I do the same in other games, I would be in the gravel. Hated how bad it looks with UE4 too where even stock AC has better visuals, particularly on how the car materials looks and track atmosphere.

Even with the official license, they can’t even deliver updated content with all the cars and tracks of a season. Sorry to say, Covid is not a valid excuse as other developers still able to deliver more last year.

When Kunos was developing AC, there had been more communications and more importantly, there was a passion from Kunos in making a great game. With ACC, the passion is gone like how sterile the game feel each time I play.

You might love this game but honestly, I did not like it much from day 1 EA.

For someone who drives a tonne of GT3 and GT4 in other games, ACC should have been the top choice for me yeti decided to drive these cars in other games instead.

"Mememememememe"

Check out the player counts, open your eyes and see how good this game is. There's a reason it has such a following/community. It might not be to your taste but that does not mean its a bad sim.

It gets updated plenty and they're a small team doing what they can in a really trying time.

The way you write comes across so whiney. Like a spoilt kid.

"Mememememememe"

Check out the player counts, open your eyes and see how good this game is. There's a reason it has such a following/community. It might not be to your taste but that does not mean its a bad sim.

It gets updated plenty and they're a small team doing what they can in a really trying time.

The way you write comes across so whiney. Like a spoilt kid.

Its not that good regarding ffb or in VR imo, which is a shame as everything else is decent. If those two points are key for the user its a nonstarter isnt it sadly.

Surely ffb is key, was AC a fluke?

Its not that good regarding ffb or in VR imo, which is a shame as everything else is decent. If those two points are key for the user its a nonstarter isnt it sadly.

Surely ffb is key, was AC a fluke?
Personally, I find the ffb leaps and bounds better than AC and I enjoyed AC's ffb.

The amount of info translated to my T300 without all the canned effects AC has is impressive.

Personally, I find the ffb leaps and bounds better than AC and I enjoyed AC's ffb.

The amount of info translated to my T300 without all the canned effects AC has is impressive.

Yeah i thought as much regarding peoples views on it, it must be kit dependent.

When the 4080's come out it will be awesome in VR too im sure :)

For someone who does not enjoy MP, ACC has disappointing. The content has been fairly boring ..
.. It is called opinions.
The only valid opinion here is you don't like ACC because you want to do single-player and ACC is more focused on multi-player. This has nothing to do with the game being bad.

For the rest here is how opinions work: Fact -> Opinion
A few points where your opinions are based on.. "alternative facts":
  • "ACC is on life support": what are you even talking about? ACC is doing super well (here) and has more players than AC had at the same time point after release (here) despite having only GT3 and GT4. This is why Kunos is now planning to add the America and Asia series.
  • "Boring content": hey it's the official SRO GT3 game, what did you want? The Dakar?
  • "No interest in updating the AI": the AI was updated recently and multiple times. Whether it is now perfect, that's debatable.
  • "The tires grip too much": really? You know what they say, "if you're in control it means you're going too slow". I apologize if you have track records to show, of course.
  • "AC has better visuals, better car materials, better track atmosphere". I like CSP+Sol, beautiful work. But complaining about ACC graphics is just funny. Here's a race from last night: please find me another race on YouTube that uses AC and looks better.
  • "They cannot deliver updated content". Ok, you know what? Just call them and tell them you volunteer to go laser-scan the tracks. The funny thing is when AC had lots of DLCs there was always the guy complaining Kunos were milking the cow. When because of COVID they have to slow down, we have someone complaining there's not enough DLCs. All this while the game keeps being refined and improved every month. OK.

• And last, this gem:
    "When Kunos was developing AC, there had been more communications and more importantly, there was a passion from Kunos in making a great game. With ACC, the passion is gone":
    so you missed Aris.drives. his discord community, the ACC Blog thread ? You missed Gergo Panker racing constantly in all sorts of leagues? You missed the constant updates and bugfixes? Come on.

Last edited:
The content has been fairly boring despite the GT4 added some much needed variety.
official GT World Challenge videogame.
the game will allow you to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved................Raceroom is "your" game.
The AI still sucks till today and it’s seemed like they have not much interest to improve it since day 1
Rubbish, it may not be the best but to say it hasnt improved or been improved upon since day 1 is a ridiculous statement to make.
The physics too, I don’t enjoy the same car as much here than AC and the way the tire grips on the road at the limit is odd that if I do the same in other games, I would be in the gravel.
Maybe you FFB is poorly set up, maybe the other games have given you a false sense of feeling, maybe its something completely different, for me its the best FFB ive felt for a while, but i dont own or play that many games right now.
Hated how bad it looks with UE4 too where even stock AC has better visuals, particularly on how the car materials looks and track atmosphere.
Oh come on. That is as bad as your Ai statement, you need to remove your negative filter and look again.

UI:
  • Added more race length options and combinations to custom race weekend mode.

This bit got me excited, until I realised that there's still no option to create a 45 minutes race. I can do 10, 20, 30 minutes races and the next step is 1 hour. Over 1 hour, I can also fine tune the length of the race. Seriously? I mean if they took their time to give us more options in custom race weekend, how hard could have it be to put 45 minutes in it?

I love 1 hour long or even longer races but the thing is that in a family with three kids I don't always have the time to do a 15-20 minutes long quali session followed by a 1 hour long race. 45 mins would be perfect but for some reason the devs don't think so, and there is 30 spare minutes uncovered by the UI. I guess this is not a limitation of the UE.

Anyways, I really enjoy ACC, I just got slightly mad about this missed opportunity. On another note, good work on the constant improvements!

Edit: just after finishing my lament above, I noticed a new update of ACC on Steam, which is weird, since the latest update came out on 19th of March. I keep my games updated, and I played ACC yesterday, so this update confuses me. Is it possible, that my whole rant was irrelevant? I'll find it out in a moment. :O_o:

Edit 2: Nope, my rant is still relevant...

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing