Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix Update 1.3.11 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new build update for Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released - updating the simulation to hotfix 1.3.11 status.

With the semi-major 1.3.11 release having already left the workshop floor of Kunos Simulazioni just a few short days ago, the development team have been quick to react to some of the unexpected consequences of the latest build, dropping a new hotfix update out onto Steam earlier today.

Although aiming to address a couple of post 1.3.10 issues, the latest patch also brings with it a few further refinements and tweaks - prior to the full V1.4 expected to drop later this month.

Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.3.11 Hotfix Notes:
  • Fixed a potential crash when using trackIR with helmet camera.
  • Added ignition/engine running indicator to speedo/rpm widget.
  • MFD will now only store its state when HUD is removed from screen (potential fix for stutter when cycling MFD pages after HDD power down)
  • Fixed currently viewed car label indicating wrong car brand in replay under specific conditions.
  • Fixed nationality information not transferring correctly for MP opponents in the broadcast HUD.
  • Broadcast HUD TAB leaderboard now scrolls on mouse input.
  • Fixed MP car showroom not displaying cars when official filter was selected under specific conditions.
  • Tyre tearing model fine tuning.
  • Audi R8 EVO preset setups strategies fixes.
  • Huracan EVO fine tuning.
  • Huracan ST Paul Ricard aggressive setup.
  • Huracan ST preheated tyres fix.
  • Wet tyres rear radius correction.
  • Minor rearrangement of the lights and ignition indicators.
  • Fixed the flash light HUD indicator getting stuck in the Mercedes.

Original Source: Kunos

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow in the coming months.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC 1.3.11 hotfix.jpg

i want 1.4 there is a custom grid selection like AC Custom Championship Your own custom grid (Liverys) cuz i never see a Ferrari Scuderia Praha On my grid or a Porsche Herbert Motorsport Livery en there are much more.....

Did they improve the physics or simply change them? Improving something does indeed necessitate a change, however a change does not necessarily mean an improvement.

We are currently stacked with applauded driving sims that claim to offer realistic handling, but in fact none of them actually agree with each other. You can take the same car on the same track with the same setup (as far as the sims will allow) and they'll all handle differently.

The vast majority of us here, 99.99% I'd say, have no idea how a race car of a particular model actually handles, and those few that do would be missing the most important tactile references, g forces, to be able to judge a driving sim by - it might look right, it might appear to behave right, but without that feeling in the arse it's impossible to say if it really is right.

Can driving sims be made more realistic, sure they can. However would we really notice if they were, and would we, as sim racers, be able to truthfully say with 100% surety that a sim is totally realistic. I don't think so, in fact i'd say no. And honestly If anybody thinks they could then they would be fooling themselves.

Apparently they uncovered a problem with the bump stops while working on the GT4s. It wasn't as noticeable in GT3 cars because of the higher aero. Most of the old setups are apparently still good but you may have to do a trick to reset them. If I remember correctly, you can adjust the rear wing up one notch and back down and it will recalculate the setup. There is another option if that does not work (Aris goes over it in one of his videos).

You can't compare setups between sims because a lot of the numbers mean different things. ACC for example obfuscates some of the real numbers to protect the data they received from the teams.

I don't have much faith in anyone's ability to judge realism. AMS2 is a great example. A couple of weeks ago people were raving about the physics and then in the next update Reiza corrected a flaw that broke most of the dampers in the game.

One of the things that I like about Kunos and ACC is that even though they do hide some aspects of the sim, they are quite willing to talk about many of the details. For example, I like how Aris will pause a replay and talk about how the suspension responded or show how going up on a curb will increase the gap underneath a car and thus have an effect on the aero. This gives me some confidence that they are doing things correctly.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 481 38.9%