Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione is out now.

The new build has been given the V0.6.4 title and released today for the ever improving Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation by Kunos Simulazioni. Containing a reasonably impressive number of fixes and enhancements considering its 'hotfix' status, the update is available to download the next time you restart your Steam client.

Highlights from the build include AI performance enhancements, some experimental improvements for the CPU occupancy issues and a welcomed looked at improving collisions within the multiplayer aspect of the title.

You can read the full ACC V0.6.4 hotfix update notes below:
  • Fixed a bug in server leading to crashes and desynchronization of time, weather and sessions in Multiplayer.
  • Improved collisions in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed Multiplayer collision detection for the Safety Rating (SA).
  • Removed automatic disqualification in Multiplayer; we collected enough data to go on while allowing drivers to enjoy MP without false positives.
  • Added experimental fix to reduce the CPU occupancy in the accServer.
  • Added CPU warnings to the accServer.
  • Fixed name overlays not working for drivers that join Multiplayer.
  • Fixed label visibility in Multiplayer.
  • Fixed Driver Rating Profile displaying wrong data.
  • Disabled Driver Rating Profile "Total progression" chart.
  • Overall volume fine tuning.
  • Nissan GT-R GT3 automatic clutch fine tuning.
  • Ferrari 488 GT3 BOP correction.
  • Bentley GT3 2016 BOP correction.
  • Fixed automatic assist engine startup issue.
  • Improved AI pace all over the board

Assetto Corsa Competizione is currently at release 6 build status, and is available exclusively on Steam Early Access for PC.

Check out the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussion and opinions on the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

The four hotfixes in roughly the last week give me a lot of hope for ACC. Even if the full release has bugs (and it will), it seems like Kunos does listen to their supporters, so I'd expect the title to get better in v1.0 and beyond.

Something that would be great from Kunos though is a monthly update like Studio 397 does. It would be cool for us to know what fixes and improvements or DLC they are focusing on.

Tried it already. Seems performance has improved and it looks a bit nicer too. Not having to lower settings so much to get decent frame rates now.
BoP for Bentley and F488... damn, won't be so quick in the Bentley now then. It was seriously quick. Then again, does this mean the 488 has been dialled back?:sneaky:

The four hotfixes in roughly the last week give me a lot of hope for ACC. Even if the full release has bugs (and it will), it seems like Kunos does listen to their supporters, so I'd expect the title to get better in v1.0 and beyond.

Something that would be great from Kunos though is a monthly update like Studio 397 does. It would be cool for us to know what fixes and improvements or DLC they are focusing on.
What? We are in the final stages of testing UI 2017"

Hang on... lets be real here for a minute.
They took peoples money to help develop a game...the very least i'd expect from that is working to fix bugs etc....
We are far far too relaxed at developers in the sim world, they can get away with murder.
I get your point but we really need to start holding them to account and not simply blinding them with praise for fixing a bug when they have taken peoples money to fund development...

They took peoples money to help develop a game...the very least i'd expect from that is working to fix bugs etc....
We are far far too relaxed at developers in the sim world, they can get away with murder.
I get your point but we really need to start holding them to account and not simply blinding them with praise for fixing a bug when they have taken peoples money to fund development...
Capital punishment for sim devs who don't fix all the bugs @apex11 is experiencing.

I got your point, but for me, I'm more afraid of these very few remaining "hardcore" sim developers gone bust or turned into "softcore" sim devs to save their companies. So, I go with the praise :D

Hang on... lets be real here for a minute
Lets be real always, starting now. They do a very nice job. Don't forget, they are the SAME guys who made Assetto Corsa. Another good job. IMHO.
Lets support them and lets say "thank you" when they do what we expect. My parents, long times ago, teach me something. When I buy something at the market after I give the money, I take the product and say ... guess what??? Thank you. So "Thank you Kunos-Simulazioni".
And Kunos !!!! Don't get this wrong. It is not praise, is just common sense. So keep doing what you do :thumbsup:

Hang on... can we remember something for a minute?

It's Early Access folks...
You bought it knowing what you were buying. If you didn't you really should read a little more.

Capital punishment for sim devs who don't fix all the bugs
Let's take all down. TO THE QUILLOTINE !!! Allons enfant de la simracing !!!!!
upload_2019-3-14_12-6-4.png

I'm really loving where the game has been headed lately, for me it's gone from a barely driveable stuttering mess to a generally fantastic experience (gfx/sound/ffb). Though I have to say that I think the devs might have got a little over zealous with the AI adjustments with this latest hotfix. I've gone from having great enjoyable close racing with well behaved AI at difficulty 92 and aggression 70, to barely being able to compete with AI who drive straight through me and punt me off track at difficulty 80 aggression 50.

would be interessting if the will implament an extanded damage model with loosing parts etc

I agree 100%
I really do Hope so, but it seems Devs are not going towards this direction (see ACC forum...).
Perhaps it could be useful to post your wishes also on Kunos ACC forum.
IMHO extended damage model with loosing parts etc. is the ONLY thing missing in Assetto Corsa Competizione, and it' s a real shame in 2019 (with such powerful PCs available....).
So let' s try to kindly ask to DEVS.....

Though I have to say that I think the devs might have got a little over zealous with the AI adjustments with this latest hotfix. I've gone from having great enjoyable close racing with well behaved AI at difficulty 92 and aggression 70, to barely being able to compete with AI who drive straight through me and punt me off track at difficulty 80 aggression 50.

Agree!

The AI are very angry now if you get in their way brace for impact, I've got no use for them you'll find me online.
Really enjoying putting laps into this sim.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%