Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotfix.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione has received a new hotfix update.

Containing some very useful fixes to issues that occurred following the latest 'release 4' update, a new hotfix for Assetto Corsa landed on the Steam platform earlier today. Pretty decent in size for a hotfix, the latest build to drop for the rather impressive Steam Early Access title is packed full of useful improvements to the simulation, a full list of which can be seen below:

v0.4.2 Changelog
  • Fixed AI pit strategy when restarting the session
  • Fixed transmission whine not audible in cockpit views
  • Tweaked transmission whine for Lamborghini Huracàn GT3
  • Improved reverberation for Nurburgring pit alarms
  • Tweaked tire puncture sound
  • Fixed some surfaces sounds not audible driving in reverse
  • Added end race simulation for the car who are not able to cross the line during Post session time
  • Fixed team strategy timing issues in next sessions
  • Fixed final standing bug with lapped cars
  • Fixed various softlock issues with rapidly going in and out of the options menus
  • Fixed enter not working as default selector button in the for control assignment screen
  • Fixed control assignment popup not being closeable with Esc
  • Fixed softlock going in and out of the meteo, realism, assists screens
  • Track selection is now persistent in all single player game modes
  • Fixed camera when opening the replay twice in a row from the menu
  • Fixed car state during replay
  • Text keyboard input in VR ("Save" and "Rename" in Car Setup and Controller Setup, and "Server search by name" in the Multiplayer page)
  • Fixed some possible multiplayer crashes
  • Fixed a crash in VR when skipping Race 1 in a Race Weekend
  • Fixed incorrect flashing light when opponent visibility is not set to ALL
  • Fixed possible crash entering the game
  • Fixed wrong start resolution/mode in some cases
  • Fixed hotstint length not setting properly

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 4 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

All well and good, but it would've been nice to have a fix at last for the truly dreadful menu selection in VR mode, especially as I can't get it to start reliably in normal mode any more, It starts in VR mode anyway, whatever I do. Even if I select it from the desktop icon, with Steam VR not even running. Go figure.....
I know it's EA and all that, but how hard can it be to implement mouse control in VR?
VR mouse control works in R3E, rF2, PC2, Dirt Rally etc, etc, how hard can it be? Or is it an Unreal Engine specific problem? If so, why don't they just say so? People would have more patience if they knew that that was the problem. Kunos' complete silence about all these things doesn't help either.
It's a shame, because when you finally manage to somehow stumble into VR, the quality is stunning: smooth and pin sharp. But why do we have to jump through hoops with the totally stupid menu control in VR?
I have a TS-PC wheel, Fanatec pedals and shifter etc, with a €2500 computer with a 1080 GPU and an i5 @ 4.6 Ghz. ACC flies with my system, when I can manage to select what I want to do in VR.
What were they thinking? Is it going to get better anytime soon? I certainly hope so, it has so much potential, if only they could sort the terrible menu control out. A tip for Kunos: take a look at the menus in PC2. That's how it should be done.

Kunos silence on the performance issues both in VR and 1080p machine's is really really annoying. Not a whiff of dont worry, its being worked on... i really wanna enjoy this but the choppyness in VR just keeps me away. I love how it drives and i hate to be so negitive.

Just looked at post and i cant make this game fly 1080ti i7 6700k@4.8 ghz whats the secret?

Yes vr is horrid...tried got bored of trying to set it up half decent with my poor CPU....now the original AC has everything and more that I require..... Its all about the James May fuzzy feeling and the old game delivers..... ACC..not as yet..... Potential...agreed, delivers.... Not a the moment.

• Deleted member 379375

Yeah I agree , an up to date faq would put a lot of concerns to bed, it's disappointing they don't see fit to give short answers to the communities ongoing worries. Trackir and multiscreen support for example.

Keep dipping in and testing VR from time to time, it seems to improve every build although it's never mentioned. still crashes a lot though

first - thx for the other hotfix KUNOS
Second - sim-guys plz stop complaining about ACC performance. It seems to be a big deal between KUNOS and Nvidia and intel. These new „friends“ forced us to buy their newest graphic-cards and CPUs - so plz stop complaining, stop being a fanboy, open your eyes and buy it!!

Last edited:
All well and good, but it would've been nice to have a fix at last for the truly dreadful menu selection in VR mode, especially as I can't get it to start reliably in normal mode any more, It starts in VR mode anyway, whatever I do. Even if I select it from the desktop icon, with Steam VR not even running.

The no mouse thing is a little frustrating but there is a solution. With the VR menus as long as I have these settings assigned in Options/Controller User Interface - and I have a TX458 wheel so as limited for buttons as it’s gets with just 13 useable - all the menus work just fine.

Enter
Back
Up, Down, Left, Right - I use the dpad, no need for any view buttons in VR after all.
One of cycle left/right buttons
Pause

With these settings assigned to the wheel every menu and the car setup screens are all useable in VR. I have to adjust the menu screens placement and depth almost every time I play in VR but that’s easy enough with the ctrl + keyboard arrow buttons.

As for starting in VR is your VR HMD on and running when you start the game, even in normal mode? With my Oculus if the HMD is in standby (orange light) and the Oculus App is closed ACC will start in normal mode. If the Oculus App is open and/or the HMD is on (white light) ACC tries to start in VR mode. Additionally if I don’t start Oculus and the HMD first ACC crashes at the loading screen.

All well and good, but it would've been nice to have a fix at last for the truly dreadful menu selection in VR mode, especially as I can't get it to start reliably in normal mode any more, It starts in VR mode anyway, whatever I do. Even if I select it from the desktop icon, with Steam VR not even running. Go figure.....
I know it's EA and all that, but how hard can it be to implement mouse control in VR?
VR mouse control works in R3E, rF2, PC2, Dirt Rally etc, etc, how hard can it be? Or is it an Unreal Engine specific problem? If so, why don't they just say so? People would have more patience if they knew that that was the problem. Kunos' complete silence about all these things doesn't help either.
It's a shame, because when you finally manage to somehow stumble into VR, the quality is stunning: smooth and pin sharp. But why do we have to jump through hoops with the totally stupid menu control in VR?
I have a TS-PC wheel, Fanatec pedals and shifter etc, with a €2500 computer with a 1080 GPU and an i5 @ 4.6 Ghz. ACC flies with my system, when I can manage to select what I want to do in VR.
What were they thinking? Is it going to get better anytime soon? I certainly hope so, it has so much potential, if only they could sort the terrible menu control out. A tip for Kunos: take a look at the menus in PC2. That's how it should be done.
I could`nt agree more. Absolutely abysmal UI system in VR. Drives me me absolutley nuts and I now only try an update and then it goes back on the shelf. Frankly, if we have the same UI by version 1.0 it Will get uninstalled. What a way to go for the potential it has to be the most outstanding VR sim yet.

I use an wireless xbone pad to navigate menus in VR in ACC, instead of my wireless logitech kb/mouse combo that I used for other sims. Works with 0 issues, and frankly takes up less space and easier to find buttons when blinded in VR. The only time I ever have to touch my keyboard in ACC is when the damned double floating UI happens and I have to spam F2 to get rid of it, now that is a bug that's irritating. Menu navigation works like a charm with the pad, give it a try peeps.

Also, to start up ACC in VR properly I have this "ritual"
- rift in lap and not on head
- make sure oculus app is not running and the rift is in standby mode
- boot up steamVR and wait for it to automatically launch oculus app and to say steamVR is ready in the little green pop up thingy
- start ACC and ask it to launch in VR mode
- only when you see the steam's "launching game" grey box on screen put on the headset
- ctrl+space or whatever you assigned to your reset view when in virtual garage once you enter since your virtual head will be inside your virtual arse as the headset was in your lap when the game began :p

^ doing this seems to make sure ACC runs without stuttering in VR. IDK why but if I put on the headset and try to launch the game through virtual desktop the game just freaks out and starts spazzing out with horrendous stuttering when on track. Maybe it is just my rig, but atleast I figured out a way that works for me. :D

I agree. The onboard reverb is way over done. Sounds like racing in a culvert or tunnel. I think the base sound of the cars is good but that reverb.....nope.
It is a basic reverb of a bathroom. The sound designers tried to create the reverb of a small space, like a car, which was a nice idea, but they just didn't manage to do it well. It's better not applying any reverb than this one, which is an immersion killer.

Kunos silence on the performance issues both in VR and 1080p machine's is really really annoying. Not a whiff of dont worry, its being worked on... i really wanna enjoy this but the choppyness in VR just keeps me away. I love how it drives and i hate to be so negitive.

Just looked at post and i cant make this game fly 1080ti i7 6700k@4.8 ghz whats the secret?
You bought into the early access bs practice, you more likely than not already exceeded the 2 hours limit for a refund and they already took your money as a result of it. Why should they care?

Nvidia should be paying kunos for their ridiculously terrible performance, people with 1080ti are already itching for a better card. The steam minimum requirements are a gtx 460, the game wouldn't even reach 20 fps at playable settings. This is a really poor early access.

Tried it last night for the first time. Really love the FFB feel but the hotlap challenge is really annoying because you need to restart the session and reload the setup and then change stuff, just to make a single setup alteration.

Got tired of that after about 20 minutes, it's really tedious.

Almost 100 hours already driving those GT3 cars on those laser scanned tracks with beautifull graphics, rain, night, the physic and FFB are as good as I ever had and this is ony EA, imagine what full release will be!
This is really the next generation SIM.
I have no idea what all those crying babies are babbling about in there, but I truly believe they should stick with what they use to play before AE of ACC started, since their weak PC must have been strong enough for a great SIM time. Some time I am wondering about this community.:rolleyes:

You bought into the early access bs practice, you more likely than not already exceeded the 2 hours limit for a refund and they already took your money as a result of it. Why should they care?
Have you ever heard of DLC? Or brand loyalty? I know its early i just want to know what im invested in will be worthwhile long term, by no means have i written it off, if you think this is a quick cashgrab your not understanding me, i believe in them i simply want clarity.

You need to go into startup properties & delete -VR. Should then start up in 2d if you select it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%