Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.7.2 Now Live

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have released build 1.7.2 of Assetto Corsa Competiizone to Steam today, further tweaking and refining the simulation since the sizeable 1.7 update of last week.
  • Various physics fixes.
  • AI tweaks to for Snetterton (British GT Pack DLC)
  • Miscellaneous additional tweaks.

The second hotfix update in less than a week for Assetto Corsa Competizione has been deployed today by Kunos Simulazioni, addressing further issues and tweaks that have been uncovered with the simulation following the major 1.7 build update of last week.

In this new hotfix, the Italian studio have addressed a range of lesser issues within the title, mostly around the behaviour of the AI and some further physics fine tuning.

Assetto Corsa Competizone Middle.jpg

Version 1.72. Update Notes:

GRAPHICS:

• Various visual fixes around Donington.
  • LOD adjustments on the new British GT tracks.
UI:
  • Only the full track map is available on the "Track Map" HUD page.
  • Slight adjustments to the Car Selection page to avoid overlapping of text in some localizations.
  • Updated driver database.
CONTROLLERS:
  • Fixed behaviour with repeated D-Pad inputs in certain situations.
PHYSICS:
  • Adjustment to the fuel consumption of the Honda NSX GT3 (old).
  • Improved rev limiter behaviour of the Mercedes-AMG GT3 (both old and new).
  • Fixed an issue with the strategy presets in the KTM XBOW GT4 aggressive setup preset at Oulton Park.
  • Fixed MFD max fuel limit not respecting BOP fuel cell limits.
  • Corrected fuel tank size of the Aston V12 GT3 in all BOP groups.
GAMEPLAY:
  • AI - Potential improvement to AI overtaking at Snetterton.
  • AI - Increased aggression of lower-class drivers to improve their ability to navigate traffic.
  • NOTE: global AI aggression might need slightly lower values to achieve the same results as earlier.

Original Source; Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC footer.jpeg

Last edited:
I had a multiclass race (which I'll post on my profile) at Snetterton after the update and I have to say it was just fantastic! Was so chuffed they updated the A.I. at the very track i was gunna race at that day (my closest curcuit here in Norfolk).
Some of the moves the A.I. pulled off where just brilliant, and the way the GT3 cars dealt with the GT4's when it came up to lapping them was amazing, had an amazing battle with a GT3 Lambo as we were making our way through the GT4's, edge of the seat stuff!
If only RF2 could get their A.I. working like this without the odd Blue flag behaviour and faster cars getting stuck behind slower cars when they come up to lap them. I'd love to have a good multiclass race at Le Mans with GT3's GTE's and LMP's with the A.I.
Honestly just fantastic, Bravo Kunos!

Oh and as for the new tracks in the British GT pack, these are the best versions of Snetterton, Oulton and Donnington easily. I've been to Snetterton for the racing and in the game it really brought back memories!

Last edited:
I tried having AI weekend, started practice session at Snetterton and then Donington, but GT4 class just stayed in pits, all of them. Only GT3 went out. Weird...

Last edited:
I tried having AI weekend, started practice session at Snetterton and then Donington, but GT4 class just stayed in pits, all of them. Only GT3 went out. Weird...
I have noticed this at Bathurst and Imola as well, if you set a 20 min Quali for example the GT4`s don`t leave the pits till around 10 minutes to go, same in practice.

Last edited:
Why, when driving a British Championship, are there not separate points given for the GT3 & GT4 classes? If you have 20 cars in the Championship (10 GT3 & 10 GT4) and drive a GT4, you can win the GT4 class in every race and still end up with zero points because you've been beaten by the 10 GT3 cars. There are separate points awarded to the Pro Am, Am and Silver classes, so why not the GT4?

Am I the only one who would like to have that small feature... the ability to turn the helmet itself completely off in VR??? (like in PC2 and AMS2)
I have a decent PC (5600X + 2080S) but the helmet view (which has the G-forces for breaking, cornering etc.) is a complete crap. The helmet model itself is flickering and not reacting the same time as the head movement.
Would it be that hard to implement this small feature?

I have done a multiclass race in Oulton for 20 min. He was second in GT3 and on the last lap the first one caught the last GT4s and stayed behind, without doubling them. He had a lot of advantage on me and I had time to pass him. I think it's an AI bug, otherwise very good. AI Difficulty: 84%. Has anyone else had experiences of AI doubling?

You should be able to turn off the helmet view by cycling the camera view. I believe it is bound to the F1 key by default.

I like the helmet view as it has the gforce effects (and the other interior view unfortunately doesn't have this feature). All I need is to be able to turn the annoying helmet itself off. In VR you are limited by default because of the headset's fov. And the helmet makes it even worse. And there's an issue in VR with it, it's lagging, jumping, flickering, not following the head movement smooth. So turning it off would make all VR user's life easier.

3 races done in British GT Champ.
Works pretty nice. Good times for fans of SP ai-races. Mid of championship and my feeling tells me I have to start the next champ straight after I finished the Brit one.
If they really bring Asia and US dlc, I will involve Kunos in each of my prayers.

v1.7.3 changelog
GAMEPLAY:
- Fixed a duplicate entry issue in British GT championship mode.
- Fixed British GT 2-hour event rules not fully applied when played in Single Player.

UI:
- Fixed a floating point error causing inconsistent track grip status readout.

AUDIO:
- Minor volume tweaks to Porsche GT3 and Cup cars.
- Improved audio blend with the F7 camera.

GRAPHICS:
- Fixed incorred blurred custom rim on the Camaro GT4.
- Fixed LOD UV issue on the AMR V8 GT3.
- Tweaked appearance of wet kerbing at Snetterton.

Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.7.3 hotfix update OUT NOW! | Kunos Simulazioni - Official Forum

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.8%