Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.7.1 Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has today received its first complementary hotfix update following the deployment of the large 1.7 build update and British GT Pack DLC.
  • New build addresses several minor issues resulting from 1.7 update.
  • A mistake in the update keeps built number at 1.7 in UI.
  • Minor graphical improvements.

Not content to rest on their laurels following the Steam sales chats topping British GT Pack DLC release and version 1.7 update of Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni have today deployed yet another new update to the simulation, addressing a few issues that have cropped up since the 1.7 patch as they further develop the official video game of the SRO GT World Challenge GT3 championship.

Highlights from the new build mostly focus on graphical tweaks to the title, especially around the new DLC content, however other broader updates can be found in the change log notes below:

ACC Middle.jpg

Hotfix 1.7.1 Update Notes:
  • Corrected server browser behaviour when searching for LAN servers.
  • Tweaked dynamic skidmark appearance.
  • Fixed glowing village houses at night at Oulton Park.
  • Corrected British GT decals on custom liveries under British GT season
  • Improved real-time widget filtering.
  • Aston V12 reduced setup oscillation on settling.
  • Corrected total track medal count.
  • Server: removed a spammy log line – see separate Dedicated Server update.
Article header image credit: British GT

Original Source: Kunos Forum

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Dear ACC racers!
ACC hotfix 1.7.2 is out now on Steam, refresh your client in order to get the update.

- LOD adjustments on the new British GT tracks.

UI:
- Only the full track map is available on the "Track Map" HUD page.
- Slight adjustments to the Car Selection page to avoid overlapping of text in some localizations.
- Updated driver database.

CONTROLLERS:
- Fixed behaviour with repeated D-Pad inputs in certain situations.

PHYSICS:
- Adjustment to the fuel consumption of the Honda NSX GT3 (old).
- Improved rev limiter behaviour of the Mercedes-AMG GT3 (both old and new).
- Fixed an issue with the strategy presets in the KTM XBOW GT4 aggressive setup preset at Oulton Park.
- Fixed MFD max fuel limit not respecting BOP fuel cell limits.
- Corrected fuel tank size of the Aston V12 GT3 in all BOP groups.

GAMEPLAY:
- AI - Potential improvement to AI overtaking at Snetterton.
- AI - Increased aggression of lower-class drivers to improve their ability to navigate traffic.
NOTE: global AI aggression might need slightly lower values to achieve the same results as earlier.

Cars still look like they would rotate on a stick in the center of the car and with some artificial over/understeer here and there. And that's exactly how they feel.

Given that Reiza has released countless physics updates already and cars still feel weird, i don't think this game will ever feel realistic at all.
Stop with the usually bs please.
Why no comparing 'the same' Bentley in ACC...

I compared the slowest speed in some corners and the differences are huge in some to be just driver-related:
T1: 137 kph (onboard), 149 kph (ACC)
T3: 137 kph (onboard), 150 kph (ACC)
T4: 194 kph (onboard), 214 kph (ACC)
T9: 84 kph (onboard), 98 kph (ACC)
T10-12: 90/78/103 kph (onboard), 90/88/114 kph (ACC)
and so on...

Here's another Bentley-onboard and they drive the same corners even significantly slower.

Last edited:
GRAPHICS:
- Various visual fixes around Donington.
- LOD adjustments on the new British GT tracks.

UI:
- Only the full track map is available on the "Track Map" HUD page.
- Slight adjustments to the Car Selection page to avoid overlapping of text in some localizations.
- Updated driver database.

CONTROLLERS:
- Fixed behaviour with repeated D-Pad inputs in certain situations.

PHYSICS:
- Adjustment to the fuel consumption of the Honda NSX GT3 (old).
- Improved rev limiter behaviour of the Mercedes-AMG GT3 (both old and new).
- Fixed an issue with the strategy presets in the KTM XBOW GT4 aggressive setup preset at Oulton Park.

GAMEPLAY:
- AI - Potential improvement to AI overtaking at Snetterton.
- AI - Increased aggression of lower-class drivers to improve their ability to navigate traffic.
NOTE: global AI aggression might need lower values to achieve the same results as earlier.

Why no comparing 'the same' Bentley in ACC...
Why not admit that your initial posts were bs? Start from here.

Then it's quite normal that there are discrepancies between sim and reality.. for many reasons, track conditions, limited tests available in reality opposed to the unlimited laps you can achieve in the sim, skill driver, fear to destroy the car etc ..
But mostly because we are talking about commercial sims.. even if they reached excellent quality, they are just an approximation of reality, on many aspect..
Why not compare also the ams2 and rfactor 2 gt3 then? 2.14/2.12 at spa, when in reality they run in 2.18/17.

Why not admit that your initial posts were bs? Start from here.

Then it's quite normal that there are discrepancies between sim and reality.. for many reasons, track conditions, limited tests available in reality opposed to the unlimited laps you can achieve in the sim, skill driver, fear to destroy the car etc ..
But mostly because we are talking about commercial sims.. even if they reached excellent quality, they are just an approximation of reality, on many aspect..
Why not compare also the ams2 and rfactor 2 gt3 then? 2.14/2.12 at spa, when in reality they run in 2.18/17.
My main complain is that you can carry too much speed through corners without proper slow in>fast out. Up to 20 kph difference is simply another class. AC1 never had such huge discrepancies afaik and rF2, AMS2, iRacing and Raceroom seems closer to reality in this regard as well. They have other issues, but this thread is about ACC and I call this issue severe and a personal game-breaker. I don't want to learn BS-driving-techniques to be competitive.

My main complain is that you can carry too much speed through corners without proper slow in>fast out. Up to 20 kph difference is simply another class. AC1 never had such huge discrepancies afaik and rF2, AMS2, iRacing and Raceroom seems closer to reality in this regard as well. They have other issues, but this thread is about ACC and I call this issue severe and a personal game-breaker. I don't want to learn BS-driving-techniques to be competitive.
Acc is heavily dependent on track/ambient/tyres temperature, much more than other sims, and given that it is the only sim to have real and official tyre data directly from Pirelli, I would assume it is quite accurate in that regard. Anyway, comparing rl and sim lap times makes no sense, always had and always will.

Acc is heavily dependent on track/ambient/tyres temperature, much more than other sims, and given that it is the only sim to have real and official tyre data directly from Pirelli, I would assume it is quite accurate in that regard. Anyway, comparing rl and sim lap times makes no sense, always had and always will.
Hotlaps is one thing, but the lap-times during races are also way too quick in ACC even with full tank in endurance compare to the real ones. I was watching enough onboards in GT3-class to see from the driving-lines that something isn't right in ACC, because it's obvious. Slicks in the rain have also way too much grip and the braking-distances in the real car are longer according to James Baldwin.

GT3/GTE in iRacing was also way too quick for years mostly in the corners and seems they've fixed that.

And btw SMS became the data from Michelin for pCars2;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 177 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 130 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.6%