Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.7.1 Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has today received its first complementary hotfix update following the deployment of the large 1.7 build update and British GT Pack DLC.
  • New build addresses several minor issues resulting from 1.7 update.
  • A mistake in the update keeps built number at 1.7 in UI.
  • Minor graphical improvements.

Not content to rest on their laurels following the Steam sales chats topping British GT Pack DLC release and version 1.7 update of Assetto Corsa Competizione, Kunos Simulazioni have today deployed yet another new update to the simulation, addressing a few issues that have cropped up since the 1.7 patch as they further develop the official video game of the SRO GT World Challenge GT3 championship.

Highlights from the new build mostly focus on graphical tweaks to the title, especially around the new DLC content, however other broader updates can be found in the change log notes below:

ACC Middle.jpg

Hotfix 1.7.1 Update Notes:
  • Corrected server browser behaviour when searching for LAN servers.
  • Tweaked dynamic skidmark appearance.
  • Fixed glowing village houses at night at Oulton Park.
  • Corrected British GT decals on custom liveries under British GT season
  • Improved real-time widget filtering.
  • Aston V12 reduced setup oscillation on settling.
  • Corrected total track medal count.
  • Server: removed a spammy log line – see separate Dedicated Server update.
Article header image credit: British GT

Original Source: Kunos Forum

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I've not picked up ACC in a while due to the VR performance, but after watching Paul Jeffreys live stream of the new DLC I decided to give it another go.

I downloaded some graphic settings and an engine.ini file from one of the ACC/VR forum threads on RD a while back, which were supposed to make everything all ok. They really didn't at the time, the performance was still not great. But on firing up the game this time and applying the same settings, it seemed to make a difference, still not brilliant, but better.

I'm not sure if anything has been tweaked by the devs, but there did seem to be an obvious improvement, so I decided to actually put in some effort for once and spend some quality time tweaking the settings myself. I set up a 25 car, 15 lap race around Imola and adjusted the settings after every lap to see if I could improve the performance - and by lap 12 I managed to get a good compromise between performance and eye candy. Its really not close to AMS2 performance for example, but I was happy.

I run an AMD Ryzen 9 3900x/RTX2070/Rift S.
Do you have a link for the file you have used as I would like to compare?

A simulation at the top as it gets older it improves. the new liveries are beautiful and the scanned lazer circuits are simply extraordinary. Well done the Kunos team, continue to make us dream. ..a fan.

hqdefault.jpg

I did a multi-class race today at Donington in ACC. After that I thought to myself I would do exactly the same in AMS2. I was really surprised, but AMS2 felt better for me. I'm not really excited about this little DLC in ACC. Of course there are three racetracks that I really like, but there is nothing more. For me the content of this DLC is very modest. The competition does a better job there. My opinion.

Do you have a link for the file you have used as I would like to compare?

These are the two files I used as my base - I then tweaked the settings to get the performance that worked for me. Not sure who was the original author, but they were a great starting point. If I get on my rig PC later I'll see if I can get my finished setting file and send that over as well.

Attachments

• Engine.ini
    1.6 KB · Views: 86
  • VR_Preset_2.json
    1,004 bytes · Views: 81
Sonoma, though, will be one of the tracks, like Paul Ricard, where it's a pity ACC only ever gives you one layout. Love the different ones in iRacing. But in general, I agree. The American tracks on which SRO series run would be great.
For the time being, i need to still figure out how to hoist the big GT3 cars round those small British touring car tracks ;)
I am a huge Sonoma Fan, cant get enough on RF 2 , and yes the Nascar version is my go to choice

Last edited:
A lot? What else SRO has other than GT2s, GT3s and GT4s.

As much as I want official GT2 content, I would not say there is a lot of SRO content. With Kunos's snail pace development, I will be really happy to see either Asia or America tracks.

You're right that different classes of cars are lacking vs AC or rF2, but the potential tracks... oh baby. Personally I'd love to see the GT World Challenge America tracks – Watkins, Road America, Mosport, VIR, COTA. I mean, damn. :D

Plus IMO I'll take a carefully done high quality GT-specific sim giving us the variety within GT3/GT4 over an incomplete, inconsistent hodgepodge of various classes. But that's just me. For example, that's what I've always liked about GTR2: it only did one thing, but (for the time) it did it exceptionally well.

It would be great to get the American tracks involved, maybe introduce the GT World Challenge America first and then follow that up with TC America. This would really expand the range of cars as this series includes Hyundai, Mazda, Mini, Toyota and Volkswagen - as well as the usual suspects Audi, BMW, Nissan & Honda.

Also, just the idea of having Road America & Watkins Glen plus a decent sim rendition of Sonoma in ACC would be enough for me.

155% in agreement with you, mate :)

How optimised is VR performance after this update guys? I'm still holding off in AC & PC 2 at this stage and would love to click buy...but only if I can have a strong VR FPS using 1080ti/i7 9700K/Odyssey+

Not at all.. I'm on a overclocked 10900k (5.2) and a 3090oc (1845mhz) and still it's a absolute struggle to get 80fps without a ton of reduction and shenanigans.. Anyone telling you they have it running butter smooth or it plays great, is very confused and obviously is playing the game sub xbox fps levels - which is insanity in a sim where tenths of a second matter..

Not at all.. I'm on a overclocked 10900k (5.2) and a 3090oc (1845mhz) and still it's a absolute struggle to get 80fps without a ton of reduction and shenanigans.. Anyone telling you they have it running butter smooth or it plays great, is very confused and obviously is playing the game sub xbox fps levels - which is insanity in a sim where tenths of a second matter..

It depends on the resolution of the VR headset I suppose. On my Rift S, absolutely fine in epic VR settings, RTX 3080 and Ryzen 5600x.

Nice that it's now possible to go early on the throttle without ridiculous understeer like in earlier versions, but it's just not fast enough compare to the 'wrong' driving-style in ACC that I never saw in real onboards. In onboards they always go even before or at latest on the apex on the throttle. In ACC the 'aliens' carry more speed through the corner, wait till the car is straight and than go on the throttle after the apex. If this would work in the real cars and be faster, the real drivers would do it as well. T1 and the long T3 left-hander are obvious examples, but it really doesn't matter what onboard, because they never drive like in ACC:

Last edited:
Nice that it's now possible to go early on the throttle without ridiculous understeer like in earlier versions, but it's just not fast enough compare to the 'wrong' driving-style in ACC that I never saw in real onboards. In onboards they always go even before or at latest on the apex on the throttle. In ACC the 'aliens' carry more speed through the corner, wait till the car is straight and than go on the throttle after the apex.
Stop with the usually bs please.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing