Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.6.6 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a new hotfix build update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, moving the simulation to build status 1.6.6.
  • Hotfix available now on PC.
  • Small changes ahead of holiday break.
  • Minor setup tweaks.

A new hotfix build of the official GT World Challenge Europe racing simulation has been deployed today, and should be available the next time users restart their Assetto Corsa Competizione install.

Not massive in size, the build update does however add a nice collection of tweaks to the simulation, including some changes to the default setups on a the Honda NSX at both the Brands Hatch and Hungaroring cicuits within the simulation.

ACC Update 1.jpg

You can check out the full details of the update below:

Physics:

• Adjusted setup wait time to prevent potential saving inaccuracy when making changes in large increments.
  • Fixed asymmetrical values in Honda NSX GT3 Evo aggressive presets for Brands Hatch and Hungaroring.
  • Adjusted Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020 fuel consumption for highest power map.
  • Minor ground collision adjustments.

Original Source; ACC Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have issues with the ACC updates? I have to restart Steam at least once during an ACC update as the progress gets stuck at various stages, could be preallocating or the update (download is no issue itself). No other game has any issues, R3E, rF2 etc, all updating just fine.
I moved now ACC to the main drive, so it’s now on SSD, not sure it will solve the problem though...

Last edited:
There are quite a few things that annoy me about ACC; lap times either not recorded or recorded incorrectly; having a separate record for each year of the track (Monza is Monza whether it is 2018, 2019 or 2020); not being able to create custom championships where I choose the tracks; not being able to have GT4 and GT3 cars in the same race offline... But, for me, this is forgivable because the game gives me the best driving experience.

I don't get it, why they put out such small tiny "updates", its poiness. Rather join 10 small into a major one.

But as mentioned above, their is still lot of things missing, like record laps, which should only be of 1 year (not seperated into 2018, 2019 and 2020 - completley pointless).
You rather seperate records into sessions (hotlap, practice, qually and race) would be more helpful.

Is everybody or just me that is not able to race in storm weather with the spray of water from cars ahead and be competitive against AI in 90 difficult (As i race in dry) ?

Its not a game problem, its just a question.

GTR2, F1 2020, rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa (SOL), AMS2 i can drive.

There are quite a few things that annoy me about ACC; lap times either not recorded or recorded incorrectly; having a separate record for each year of the track (Monza is Monza whether it is 2018, 2019 or 2020); not being able to create custom championships where I choose the tracks; not being able to have GT4 and GT3 cars in the same race offline... But, for me, this is forgivable because the game gives me the best driving experience.
The years have different tyres and BOP, so they are in fact different and your times won’t be the same. That’s why you can pick from all the available seasons.

It's the cars and tyres that change, not the tracks. The best times for each car are recorded anyway - I still don't see the need for a list of tracks that is three times longer than the number of tracks I can race on.

It's the cars and tyres that change, not the tracks. The best times for each car are recorded anyway - I still don't see the need for a list of tracks that is three times longer than the number of tracks I can race on.
As far as I know in-game track grip is different between the years, so they decided to separate these stats. Not that I consider it a good solution.

If you don't mind running extra utility on background, you can try Simsource that can track your stats closer to what you might want.

Last edited:
  • Adjusted setup wait time to prevent potential saving inaccuracy when making changes in large increments.
  • Fixed asymmetrical values in Honda NSX GT3 Evo aggressive presets for Brands Hatch and Hungaroring.
  • Adjusted Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020 fuel consumption for highest power map.
  • Minor ground collision adjustments.

What does any of that even mean.

I don't get it, why they put out such small tiny "updates", its poiness. Rather join 10 small into a major one.
Because the testing cycle of a small update is 2-3 days and you get to enjoy at least one important fix without having to wait months, whereas combining all hotfixes into one update would mean that even otherwise confirmed fixes would need to get delayed until the next major update months down the line. What you're essentially getting with these is base-game fixes that would normally go in the next incremental update.

As it's a near-invisible 200MB update, I don't see how this can be a source of complaint honestly, apart from good old whinging for whinging's sake.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing