Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.6.6 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a new hotfix build update for Assetto Corsa Competizione, moving the simulation to build status 1.6.6.
  • Hotfix available now on PC.
  • Small changes ahead of holiday break.
  • Minor setup tweaks.

A new hotfix build of the official GT World Challenge Europe racing simulation has been deployed today, and should be available the next time users restart their Assetto Corsa Competizione install.

Not massive in size, the build update does however add a nice collection of tweaks to the simulation, including some changes to the default setups on a the Honda NSX at both the Brands Hatch and Hungaroring cicuits within the simulation.

ACC Update 1.jpg

You can check out the full details of the update below:

Physics:

• Adjusted setup wait time to prevent potential saving inaccuracy when making changes in large increments.
  • Fixed asymmetrical values in Honda NSX GT3 Evo aggressive presets for Brands Hatch and Hungaroring.
  • Adjusted Mercedes-AMG GT3 2020 fuel consumption for highest power map.
  • Minor ground collision adjustments.

Original Source; ACC Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Update 2.jpg

Last edited:
Still useless under VR

Agreed

Still useless under VR
I'm using it just fine.
Still useless under VR
Many would strongly disagree.

How, I mean really how can you use ACC in VR? What is your secret? Please tell me.

Ok, maybe it's down to the fact that I'm still using a relic of an OC'd 9900K and an ancient OC'd 2080TI, but even so I'd have expected better than a slide show.

Agreed

How, I mean really how can you use ACC in VR? What is your secret? Please tell me.

Ok, maybe it's down to the fact that I'm still using a relic of an OC'd 9900K and an ancient OC'd 2080TI, but even so I'd have expected better than a slide show.

I have exact the same hardware on start, 9900k @5GHz, 2080Ti und Rift S, no chance to drive ACC with this hw an normal grafic settings. I also red an articel testing ACC with 3080GTX, and still VR is not usefull, still you have to use lower settings, still having massive framedrops sometimes and so on... for me is ACC a failed Sim!

Thanks, @Andrew_WOT. However if it means running at 60Hz on my G1 then I fear I will indeed need some serious attitude adjustment - I find the 80Hz of my Rift-S to be just barely acceptable in terms of frame rate.

When gaming on a standard 60Hz monitor I typically need to add a ton of motion blur (if available) to trick my brain into seeing a smooth image.

That said I'll still give it shot.

• Deleted member 197115

Without Ampere for acceptable image quality it's either 60hz or reprojection.
60hz doesn't bother me a bit, but people have different reaction to it
Sometimes it just takes a bit of an effort to train your vision to find peace with it.

Without Ampere for acceptable image quality it's either 60hz or reprojection.
60hz doesn't bother me a bit, but people have different reaction to it
Sometimes it just takes a bit of an effort to train your vision to find peace with it.

Honestly I don't think Ampere is the magic bullet everyone is thinking it is, at least looking at current benchmarks. Sure if it's ray tracing you're looking at then it trounces Turing being at least twice as fast, but for the standard rasterized stuff (all racing sims at the moment) even the 3090 appears to average only 30% faster than the 2080 Ti in terms of effective speed (the 3080 being only around 17% faster effectively). Admittedly these results will vary dependent on which games are being played, but IMO they're not shaping up to be the VR card to have - I think we'll need to wait for the 40 series for that.

I'll certainly grab a couple of 3090s, or preferably two 3080 Ti cards (I know they don't officially exist, but they're coming) when they become freely available, but I'm not convinced at all that they're going to give me the performance that they're hyped to have.

Why do you need couple? NVidia cancelled SLI.

2 Rigs - one for general gaming, and one dedicated to sim racing.

Edit: I've long known that SLI was being terminated. It was never particularly effective, even in apps that supported it, and honestly so few games used it that it was effectively DOA anyway.

Last edited:
The new tyre model is a disaster.

None of my previous setups seem to work and all cars now keep sliding from the back. ACC really feels like iRacing, driving on ice and it's very annoying to say the least and I no longer have pleasure with that sim...

I'm now 2 or 3 seconds behind my best lap times before the the introduction of the new physic model. You have to drive so carefully that it's impossible to attack and be competitive in a race.

Does anyone know where to find setups or if there's a solution to get the cars to handle better?

None of my previous setups seem to work and all cars now keep sliding from the back. ACC really feels like iRacing, driving on ice and it's very annoying to say the least and I no longer have pleasure with that sim...

I'm now 2 or 3 seconds behind my best lap times before the the introduction of the new physic model. You have to drive so carefully that it's impossible to attack and be competitive in a race.

Does anyone know where to find setups or if there's a solution to get the cars to handle better?

This might help;

Last edited:

It's not even a new tyre model, just 2020 tyre data, plus 2020 BOP has lower camber limits. I find the 2020 tyres much better once you've actually got them working but that seems to take longer than the older ones, for some reason. Car BoP does also change season to season ( easily tested in SP practice ). The aero model did get a change, as described in that vid.

I did watch this video and it is not true for most of the cars.
The only solution is to increase TC. Where I was usually having TC set to 1 or 2, I now need 6 or 7 to keep the car under control.
I’m systematically slower and also than other cars during online races. It really feels like « Holiday on Ice » and It’s utterly frustrating.
I tested the older tyre model and there’s a world in terms of difference and performance.

Difference in performance is irrelevant because everyone is in the same boat. It happens in real life too. Others are just faster because they have better technique and feel.

The cars are less snappy and more progressive meaning that it’s easier to overdrive them. They are more forgiving, but at the same time don’t expose your errors.

It sounds like you just need to adjust your technique. Driving to the track and tyre conditions and feeling what the car is doing more. I know I also partially suffer from this and I am slower when conditions are variable because of it.

Last edited:
Haven't done much actual racing on the 2020 tyres yet, but from testing & last weekend's race they do seem easier to grain if you're not careful until they're properly up to pressure/surface temp - and that is quite a noticeable performance difference - and during the race they were amazingly consistent until the grip suddenly fell off a cliff after 25 mins or so even without pushing too much. I suspect my setup was a bit stiff for them which won't have helped.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back