Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.6.4 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have today deployed a new hotfix update for the Assetto Corsa Competizione racing simulation, moving the game to build 1.6.4 release status.
  • Small hotfix addresses various minor issues.
  • Car tweaks to Ferrari and Porsche.
  • Minor gameplay improvements.

Everyone enjoys new build time, even if it is only a relatively minor hotfix release, and we at RaceDepartment are no exception to this rule - so enjoy.

Honestly I'm just padding here, not really got much to add to the change notes, so ICYMI enjoy the 1.6 update build review video above, and catch up on what's new below... enjoy :D

ACC Middle.jpg

Hotfix Update Notes:

PHYSICS:

• Ferrari 488 GT3 (non-Evo) corrected erroneous engine assignment in Paul Ricard 2020 BOP.
  • Fixed wrong wet tyre assignment for Porsche 991 GT3 R (2018) in 2020 BOP.
  • Improved automatic setup calculation accuracy.
  • Fixed occasional setup saving inconsistency with sloped spawn points.
GAMEPLAY:
  • Fixed a duplicated championship entry in the 2018 season.
UI:
  • Corrected season group of Zolder in the 2020 track selection menu.
  • Minor correction in the CycleCamera binding in the controls menu.

Original Source: ACC Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately she's still unplayable for due to the big stutters every 5 seconds or so. Tried every trick on the forums, lowered settings to potato mode etc etc. She used to work fine, now she's firmly in the uninstalled pile. :(

Unfortunately she's still unplayable for due to the big stutters every 5 seconds or so. Tried every trick on the forums, lowered settings to potato mode etc etc. She used to work fine, now she's firmly in the uninstalled pile. :(
A particular update made everything choppy make sure you have xmp profile enabled in bios it started to hate slow ram. If you have an AMD gpu they can be sensitive to dirty power plug your pc into a wall outlet rather than a trailing lead, if you have a cheap psu it would be worthwhile upgrade as you can always move it to a future rig.

Still waiting the day of DLSS official support... its one of the mayor things I care at this point.

That would be nice. Though on the other hand, I always have a mild hope proprietary solutions die a quick death or become open. Not that I mind them introducing new tech.

For me personally, I'm just hoping for an xmas sale as I've seemed to accidentally purchased only the GT4 pack in stead of all DLC on BF weekend.

Last edited:
They should put a Custom Championship mode available, even F1 games have it, there are no excuses not to make it.
But isn't this in for like ages already?
I remember starting a Championship some time ago and I had to go custom to use the McLaren 720S GT3. I could select which sessions I want, how long they would be, etc.

If you're looking for custom grids, this is indeed not implemented. You cannot select which cars /liveries will compete in your championship.

Last edited:
It is some kind of unfortune, as early access buyer i remember how much i liked ACC till 0.7 version, after later updates i can not avoid this blurrr effect, even it is nice game some gimmick was addeded, now it is not fun game at all, with a lot of wreckfest dudes... first corner and again hit ! iRacing do not help as well, so many noobs want to win race in first corner. I remember one guy told that for fixing car you should pay money, thought it was stupid idea, now i think it could be created as separate community, ofcourse there will always be rich stupid peoples, but not so much after all as we have now. Enjoy your sims ;)

BertramRaven

Premium
What did change on the nsx then? Has it become faster? -crossing fingers almost till they break-
Well, it seems to be more forgiving of my terrible driving. My Silverstone time was never better than 2:11, now it's consistently low 2:06.
At Suzuka I could not break 2:04, now I'm 2:01. There are many videos of the NSX Evo doing low 1:59 at Suzuka before the tweaks, so it can be a fast car.
The lift-off over-steer is now correctable. Weight transfer is not as abrupt, even with the same damper and spring settings.
Default set-ups are now fast and stable. Before they were crazy - they previously did not take into account it is a rear-mid engine car, making the rear very soft and the front stiff on fast-rebound but sloppy on slow-rebound.
I had a good setup for Spa (very forgiving and solid in mid corner). That seems a little worse, but I'm dialing it out the differences. The default Spa setup can at least make it though Raddillon at speed. Before the window of performance there was very narrow. Either you went through so slowly the driver behind would give you proctology exam or fly off in a random direction if I drove even remotely off a very narrow line at speed.
Finally, the behaviour at the top of the rev range has changed. Previously, you had to change up right at the red-line to get the best acceleration. The change up rev window is now wider. No more changing up between 7500 and 7501 revs. ;-)

Last edited:
It is right, you can customize a Championship, but you can't create a Championship choosing just the tracks you want to drive on and choose the number of rounds. I'd like to be able to include Monza, Silverstone, Imola, Bathurst and Kyalami in the same Championship, but I can't. I'd like to be able to fully customize a Championship, with GT3 and GT4 included.

Gergo Panker

pankykapus
Well, it seems to be more forgiving of my terrible driving. My Silverstone time was never better than 2:11, now it's consistently low 2:06.
At Suzuka I could not break 2:04, now I'm 2:01. There are many videos of the NSX Evo doing low 1:59 at Suzuka before the tweaks, so it can be a fast car.
The lift-off over-steer is now correctable. Weight transfer is not as abrupt, even with the same damper and spring settings.
Default set-ups are now fast and stable. Before they were crazy - they previously did not take into account it is a rear-mid engine car, making the rear very soft and the front stiff on fast-rebound but sloppy on slow-rebound.
I had a good setup for Spa (very forgiving and solid in mid corner). That seems a little worse, but I'm dialing it out the differences. The default Spa setup can at least make it though Raddillon at speed. Before the window of performance there was very narrow. Either you went through so slowly the driver behind would give you proctology exam or fly off in a random direction if I drove even remotely off a very narrow line at speed.
Finally, the behaviour at the top of the rev range has changed. Previously, you had to change up right at the red-line to get the best acceleration. The change up rev window is now wider. No more changing up between 7500 and 7501 revs. ;-)

Nothing was changed on the Honda, you might have had setups that were affected by the fixes included in the hotfix, but nothing has been done to the car itself since the original 1.6 release.

Last edited:
I also tried everything to get rid of the stutters and only thing that helped me was turning off Game Mode in Windows 10.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000