Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.6.2 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new Assetto Corsa Competizione hotfix update has been released by Kunos Simualzioni today.
  • Build 1.6.2 now live.
  • AI speed improvements.
  • General fixes.

Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a second hotfix build to Assetto Corsa Competizione following the recent 1.6 update of the simulation, and with it comes a number of small tweaks and fixes for the simulation following the last major release.

Assetto Corsa Competizione | V1.6.1 Hotfix Update: Click Here.

One of the most interesting changes within the update notes relate to some potential AI pace improvements when racing against the computer on high skill level settings. Of course pace is all relative to the individual user, but it is good to see Kunos reacting to some parts of the community looking for a more challenging racing experience against the AI.

Other notable changes within this new build include physics tweaks to the Audi R8 GT3 EVO and Mercedes-AMG and McLaren 720s cars, and various graphical fixes as detailed below:

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.6.2 Update Notes:

General:

• Fix for a potential crash when loading multiple gallery replays.
Gameplay:
  • Potential improvement to general AI pace at high skill levels.
Physics:
  • Audi R8 GT3 Evo front damping motion ratio correction.
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3 and McLaren 720s GT3 rear suspension motion range tweaks on extreme loads.
Graphics:
  • Fixed a missing LOD assignment for the Audi R8 LMS Evo.
  • Removed flashing animation from the pitstop sign.
  • Various livery fixes.
  • Fixed an issue with opponent car LOD flicker when using mirror resolution settings.
UI:
  • Minor localization fixes.
  • Radar now always visible even when the HUD is hidden when enabled.
  • Special Events DLC evaluation check.

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Update Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Guess it's a matter of opinion and not fact

To be fair, you also have to mention, that it has been downgraded (just for now, hopefully) in other ways.
No reaction to blue flags is the biggest thing for me, breaking it right now. When you are on a qualy lap and AI is stubbornly blocking your apex again, instead of keeping itself off the line. The absence of this feature also can lead to the slow-car-not-lapped train again in endurance situations.

Also, that it has decreased in pace is absolutely true. (Also with 1.6.2, but they are still looking into it, with side note, that it may stay problematic) On some tracks, the AI (especially 2020) is 1-2.5 seconds off, if not more. (Imola is exceptionally problematic with AI hitting high 1:44 times, which is more than 3 sec. off pace to IRL times in qualy)

With higher aggressivity (not highest!!), the good ol' pit maneuvering by AI, like in AC is back, they divebomb you, which kinda made me understand, why AI was so "calm" and "unracey" before the changes.
^These points are a matter of fact.

After the first 2 laps settle down, the general fighting of the AI decreases a lot though and it indeed looks rarely like on Stefano Casillos streams, when AI against AI is fighting. Against player it even feels a bit overdone sometimes, though.
^This is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
To be fair, you also have to mention, that it has been downgraded (just for now, hopefully) in other ways.
No reaction to blue flags is the biggest thing for me, breaking it right now. When you are on a qualy lap and AI is stubbornly blocking your apex again, instead of keeping itself off the line. The absence of this feature also can lead to the slow-car-not-lapped train again in endurance situations.

Also, that it has decreased in pace is absolutely true. (Also with 1.6.2, but they are still looking into it, with side note, that it may stay problematic) On some tracks, the AI (especially 2020) is 1-2.5 seconds off, if not more. (Imola is exceptionally problematic with AI hitting high 1:44 times, which is more than 3 sec. off pace to IRL times in qualy)

With higher aggressivity (not highest!!), the good ol' pit maneuvering by AI, like in AC back then is back, they divebomb you, which kina made me understand, why AI was so "calm" and "unracey" before the changes.
^This is a matter of fact.

After the first 2 laps settle down, the general fighting of the AI decreases a lot though and it indeed looks rarely like on Stefano Casillos streams, when AI against AI is fighting. Against player it even feels a bit overdone sometimes, though.
^This is a matter of opinion.

Maybe I am confused. People bitching about the "AI" not being human (hence the term "AI"), people who race online bitch about driver ratings and "unskilled" drivers crashing other people out of races. What the hell is everyone looking for out of these games ?

Maybe I am confused. People bitching about the "AI" not being human (hence the term "AI"), people who race online bitch about driver ratings and "unskilled" drivers crashing other people out of races. What the hell is everyone looking for out of these games ?
If ACC AI would be giving the impression of being human-like, it would not block the racing line under blue flags (it did this before and it was amazing and unique.^^), drive 1-3 seconds faster, depending on the track and year of championship and would not gather in a train behind backmarkers. ;) (i nowhere told to want it more "human like"...never, actually. It was pretty fine in this regard before. It wasn't racey against each other, though.)

But to give into the distraction: The pit maneuvering is something, i experienced more often with AC AI, than AC public races, btw...i wouldn't call it human-, i would call it stupid behaviour. :D (You can kind-off drive around this issue, sometimes, it's enough to leave a really good chunk of extra space)

Last edited:

BP

Premium
I too don't understand the complaining about "AI" behaviour (regardless of sim), as if the perfect human-like behaviour is to have a grid of only highly skilled, competent drivers who are all exhibit great sportsmanship. Never in any racing series IRL have I ever seen such a grid exist for an entire season. Formula 1 throughout its entire history has had idiot drivers who made bonehead decisions...and they're supposed to be the best of the best. As for overtaking each other, I haven't tried with ACC but, as someone else has mentioned, try raising aggression to the maximum or very near to it. However I suspect complaints will then come in about the computer "not giving them the racing line" and "it was their corner"...which, again, happens IRL all the time. Natural human intelligence does not win out on a regular basis, so why should the computer play nicely? :whistling:

People do stupid things all the time...a good driver should predict what the other drivers will do next, but also expect the unexpected, whether IRL or a computer drone. Part of winning is skill, part intuition and some is also from pure luck...whether a computer or real driver wrecks your race often comes down to that last one more often than we realise ;)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000