Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.6.2 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Another new Assetto Corsa Competizione hotfix update has been released by Kunos Simualzioni today.
  • Build 1.6.2 now live.
  • AI speed improvements.
  • General fixes.

Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a second hotfix build to Assetto Corsa Competizione following the recent 1.6 update of the simulation, and with it comes a number of small tweaks and fixes for the simulation following the last major release.

Assetto Corsa Competizione | V1.6.1 Hotfix Update: Click Here.

One of the most interesting changes within the update notes relate to some potential AI pace improvements when racing against the computer on high skill level settings. Of course pace is all relative to the individual user, but it is good to see Kunos reacting to some parts of the community looking for a more challenging racing experience against the AI.

Other notable changes within this new build include physics tweaks to the Audi R8 GT3 EVO and Mercedes-AMG and McLaren 720s cars, and various graphical fixes as detailed below:

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.6.2 Update Notes:

General:

• Fix for a potential crash when loading multiple gallery replays.
Gameplay:
  • Potential improvement to general AI pace at high skill levels.
Physics:
  • Audi R8 GT3 Evo front damping motion ratio correction.
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3 and McLaren 720s GT3 rear suspension motion range tweaks on extreme loads.
Graphics:
  • Fixed a missing LOD assignment for the Audi R8 LMS Evo.
  • Removed flashing animation from the pitstop sign.
  • Various livery fixes.
  • Fixed an issue with opponent car LOD flicker when using mirror resolution settings.
UI:
  • Minor localization fixes.
  • Radar now always visible even when the HUD is hidden when enabled.
  • Special Events DLC evaluation check.

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Update Footer.jpg

Last edited:
The people who complain about the AI "pit maneuvering" are, IMO, are simply lacking in awareness of what's going on around them.

80% of the time i've been "pit maneuvered" it's been my fault having watched the replay - the other 20%, well that's what happens in racing, and it could have been avoided if I'd followed the advice below

Use your mirrors, use that little radar thingy, use the proximity arrows, use Crew Chief, or whatever spotter is in the game.

The best way to avoid being shunted is to know where you are and where the other cars are - situational and spacial awareness are essential. You need to know when closing the door will hold your position, or when it will kick you into the kitty litter.

My dad, god bless him, told me to consider that everybody else on the road is an absolute idiot, and that if I didn't then I'd get hurt. He was right, and it's totally applicable to driving with AI in sims.

The people who complain about the AI "pit maneuvering" are, IMO, are simply lacking in awareness of what's going on around them.

80% of the time i've been "pit maneuvered" it's been my fault having watched the replay - the other 20%, well that's what happens in racing, and it could have been avoided if I'd followed the advice below

Use your mirrors, use that little radar thingy, use the proximity arrows, use Crew Chief, or whatever spotter is in the game.

The best way to avoid being shunted is to know where you are and where the other cars are - situational and spacial awareness are essential. You need to know when closing the door will hold your position, or when it will kick you into the kitty litter.

My dad, god bless him, told me to consider that everybody else on the road is an absolute idiot, and that if I didn't then I'd get hurt. He was right, and it's totally applicable to driving with AI in sims.
When you get pit maneuvered, while giving AI room to navigate, you may reconsider this evaluation...
Like mentioned: The pit maneuvering is gone with this hotfix again, but when getting turned by AI, in the process of them changing their line, while you staying on your path, this has nothing to do with awareness of the player. ;) (i'm even racing not aggressive enough, compared to real life, when thinking of what Karting racers told me :p)

You can tag a mention, next time, when talking about it. :)

Last edited:
When you get pit maneuvered, while giving AI room to navigate, you may reconsider this evaluation...
Like mentioned: The pit maneuvering is gone with this hotfix again, but when getting turned by AI, in the process of them changing their line, while you staying on your path, this has nothing to do with awareness of the player. ;) (i'm even racing not aggressive enough, compared to real life, when thinking of what Karting racers told me :p)

You can tag a mention, next time, when talking about it. :)

I wasn't referencing you directly, rather I was addressing the general topic of AI aggressiveness/awareness and peoples opinion of it.

I don't think there will ever be the perfect AI for everybody - I prefer my AI to be very much on the aggressive side, and being spun out is part and parcel of the racing for me. I appreciate that others prefer a more sedate and submissive AI, however when I race such an AI I miss the "under threat" feeling and not having to have that mental model in my head of where my opponents are.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back