Assetto Corsa Competizione | Hotfix 1.6.1 Deployed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have deployed a new hotfix for Assetto Corsa Competizione, following the recent big build 1.6 release.
  • Fix for Logitech TrueForce
  • Various tweaks, fixes and optimisations.

In a follow up from the large 1.6 update release and new GTWC 2020 DLC pack, Italian development team Kunos Simulazioni have pushed live a small new hotfix update today, bringing to Assetto Corsa Competizione a few minor tweaks and fixes post new build update.

Nothing particularly notable stands out as worthy of particular mention from the latest build, unless you run a Logitech TrueForce wheel, but it is good to see Kunos remain on the case to wrap up any additional minor issues that have been collated following 1.6.

ACC Middle.jpg

1.6.1 Update Notes

GRAPHICS:

• Various texture optimizations.
UI:
  • Fixed MFD not updating when HUD hidden.
  • Added Imola in MP track preference list.
  • Hide pitlane cars filter in the realtime widget now defaults to disabled.
  • Legacy option added in the hud.json (realtimeStandingPitFilter).
CONTROLS:
  • EnableManufacturerExtras is now a setting exposed in the UI controls page.
  • Potential fix to the Logitech TrueForce implementation.
  • Fixed controller bindings for Save Replay, Add Replay Highlights, Save Highlights

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on both PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know more and share your thoughts with our awesome community? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get a thread fired up today!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Will have to give this a try shortly. I tried the last update graphic optimization had a minor performance boost in VR but not enough to help with overall clarity on my system. Colours were washed out, trees lod changing as you get near and still blurry.
Hopefully, texture optimization will help.

Did a quick race at Nurburg last night and every time there was an incident all the AI caught behind it just stopped on track not knowing what to do. Was hoping this would have been fixed with the ai improvements.

On the upside, the 2020 tire update is much better than the older ones, and quite enjoy it. Hopefully, we will get a 2020 tire update to the GT4's in the future.

Last edited:

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
1.6.1 Update Notes

GRAPHICS:

• Various texture optimizations.

Since 1.6 and even truer after this, ACC in VR looks much improve to me, to the point that it is now among, if not just the best SIM VR experience I am getting with my GTX1080ti.
That and the better AI, makes ACC even more enticing to drive than ever.
Apparently by checking the usage on Steam, I am not the only one taking advantage of the improvements Kunos implemented in ACC.
Thank you Kunos.

Last edited:
Since 1.6 and even truer after this, ACC in VR looks much improve to me, to the point that it is now among, if not just the best SIM VR experience I am getting with my GTX1080ti.
That and the better AI, makes ACC even more enticing to drive than ever.
Apparently by checking the usage on Steam, I am not the only one taking advantage of the improvements Kunos implemented in ACC.
Thank you Kunos.
Can you suggest any settings? My VR experience is horrible. VR epic has very low frame (and still looks blurry compared to AC,RF2 and very big difference to iRacing) and only VR low settings has smooth gameplay, but it looks worse than LFS...

Ryzen 3700x
Nvidia 2070
16gb ddr4 ram
Rift S

Can you suggest any settings? My VR experience is horrible. VR epic has very low frame (and still looks blurry compared to AC,RF2 and very big difference to iRacing) and only VR low settings has smooth gameplay, but it looks worse than LFS...

Ryzen 3700x
Nvidia 2070
16gb ddr4 ram
Rift S

So I have just tested the latest build and can confirm you can get a smooth and pretty clear graphical setting in VR. All I did was choose the HIGH VR pre-set, then I dropped the mirrors down to LOW and 20fps. I have a HP Reverb G1 so I also reduced the SS to 100. The game is now definitely playable for me.

Title: Isn't this update supposed to be 1.6.1 rather than 1.16?

Forum Location: S397 employees may have their fingers in a lot of pies, but I didn't think it extended to ACC...

Last edited:

MrBraindown

Premium
I’ve noticed an improvement in the VR experience, it’s definitely getting better, so well done Kunos. Buuuuut, it still falls quite short of other sims.

Serious question, how much better will it get? Will it get as good as AC or AMS2 eventually, or are there certain engine restrictions that will ultimately curb how far they can go?

Am I the only one that's a bit disappointed with the AI improvements?
Just did a 30 min race around Imola in GT3, 100 AI level and 100% aggressiveness, yet I was the ONLY car that made any overtakes during the session.
Not one AI position changed during the entire race, except for those that got overtaken by me.
Still very much feels like racing against a computer :/

I’ve noticed an improvement in the VR experience, it’s definitely getting better, so well done Kunos. Buuuuut, it still falls quite short of other sims.

Serious question, how much better will it get? Will it get as good as AC or AMS2 eventually, or are there certain engine restrictions that will ultimately curb how far they can go?

It has really improved, but it is still a long way from the experience I have with AMS2.

This game runs like ass for me (partly my fault, partly theirs). I never play it, so it has become my #1 go-to Update Simulator.

I don't play it either, not as good as AC in so many ways. Unless you really like racing GT's the game is pretty much crap. I have a very good PC system but this game stutters and graphics are poor, the only game that I have that runs so rough, so for that reason I have given it to my kids to play as the online lobbies seem only to have children in them anyway.

Am I the only one that's a bit disappointed with the AI improvements?
Just did a 30 min race around Imola in GT3, 100 AI level and 100% aggressiveness, yet I was the ONLY car that made any overtakes during the session.
Not one AI position changed during the entire race, except for those that got overtaken by me.
Still very much feels like racing against a computer :/
I posted the exact same thing on the other topic. Did five 30min races Imola one of them. AI no overtakes or nothing in all races. Only position changes was me. I saved the replays and watched them in full. Its the same train of cars, same running order, gaps develop so fast, nothing new. Its a shame because when we point out the obvious negatives you get the coward responses....(go play another game) or (that is on you). The game is trendy we all know that but its far from great even after years of development. It has lots of issues to address.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
Can you suggest any settings

We have a dedicated thread on ACC VR settings, I would suggest to go there. I came to my settings, they are working with my hardware, after starting from Epic VR, then playing with a lot of settings. Since you can do it when you are in game it is not that bad really. I did not change my settings with the new update, but it brought me a lot of clarity and sharpness. YMMV.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • €3001-5000